Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Pines - BS thought of the day - the Fiscal Cliff (Read 187 times)
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Pines - BS thought of the day - the Fiscal Cli
Reply #15 - 12/31/12 at 17:29:48

cliche' or not it is true....it was for Bush and it is even more true for the current administration. Do not assume that because I do not agree with the current admin. that I do agree with the Republicans. Actually I think they have us all right where they want us. They have polarized 1/2 the country aginst the other 1/2 of the country. This keeps one of the two sides always in power. They never win by thier platform or what they will do, they win buy fostering your hate for the other guy and vice/versa. Quite frankly I think it is purposeful. The current situaton: it is not about what is right, they will do what they want to do. But before they do they will create as much hate and distain in the american people one side aginst the other as they can. Some will vote for any Republican because they hate Democrates the other will vote for any Democrate because they hate Republicans........and on.....and on.....and on

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 01/01/13 at 07:08:32

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/31/12 at 14:07:06:
Tired Cliche' or not,, its true..
whether or not criticism was leveled at Bush for his spending being insane
the criticism is fair NOW.

Until people stop using the bad behavior of others to justify the bad behavior of "Their Guy" America has no hope. WE need to all be Honest & Face the Facts. Spending is WAY outta control. The Feds are involved in things they have no Right to be involved in. The Big C lays out exactly where the Fed has power. We need to limit them to those areas & demand they do their job in those areas.

It would be good if we could make a clean sweep and replace everyone from the  president on down with some regular folks who have common sense.  Go back to the only real LAW  OF THE LAND and reset.  The Constitution is a very short document which is designed to LIMIT the federal gov't in what it can do, with all other powers relegated to the states.  One of the FEW things authorized for the federal gov't to do is to raise and maintain a military for defense, and to insure that commerce between the states is done fairly.  Otherwise, butt out of our business.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 01/01/13 at 08:26:40

What you're talking about is the real EPA amendment: The Enumerated Powers Act. Any law passed by Congress must specifiy the section of the Constituion that gives Congress the constitutional basis for involving themselves in business of either the State(s) or the people(s).

If passed, the first big case would be to again decide the legal meaning of the general welfare clause.

You want changes to the country? Make Congress cite their original authority.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #18 - 01/01/13 at 09:27:19

LANCER wrote on 01/01/13 at 07:08:32:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/31/12 at 14:07:06:
Tired Cliche' or not,, its true..
whether or not criticism was leveled at Bush for his spending being insane
the criticism is fair NOW.

Until people stop using the bad behavior of others to justify the bad behavior of "Their Guy" America has no hope. WE need to all be Honest & Face the Facts. Spending is WAY outta control. The Feds are involved in things they have no Right to be involved in. The Big C lays out exactly where the Fed has power. We need to limit them to those areas & demand they do their job in those areas.

It would be good if we could make a clean sweep and replace everyone from the  president on down with some regular folks who have common sense.  Go back to the only real LAW  OF THE LAND and reset.  The Constitution is a very short document which is designed to LIMIT the federal gov't in what it can do, with all other powers relegated to the states.  One of the FEW things authorized for the federal gov't to do is to raise and maintain a military for defense, and to insure that commerce between the states is done fairly.  Otherwise, butt out of our business.

I think we just did that ... in november. Its called the election.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #19 - 01/01/13 at 18:08:34

And not one word from either side about the billions and billons and a trillion spent (wasted) on foreign wars and military adventures....what a bloated and disgusting sacred cow.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
MShipley
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 01/02/13 at 05:09:17

I agree with Lancer, until we fire them all and start over it is just more of the same. What we saw in November was nothing but a continuation of the same mess. And yes Starlifter I am sure it means more war for some reason some where.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 01/02/13 at 06:19:17

And not one word from either side about the billions and billons and a trillion spent

I don't recall that to be true. I recall many discussions about cost. Contrary to pop culture belief, there was no 'rush to war'. It makes a nice catch phrase, but that’s not how it happened.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #22 - 01/02/13 at 08:45:40

Pine wrote on 12/31/12 at 08:56:23:
WebsterMark wrote on 12/31/12 at 05:36:21:
I’m absolutely sick to death of the stupid circular gun arguments so Pine; here’s a question for you:

It matters not if they raise taxes or lower spending for this current "fiscal cliff" as the entire idea is a "made up" crisis. The REAL tax has been occuring(QE 1 -3)... and is being elevated to higher levels(infinate QE proposed).... but media and the public cannot focus on it due to this fake crisis.

Let’s assume nothing is done today and your SS tax goes up 2% tomorrow and your income tax goes up 3.5% on average (I think is what they are saying); would you still say this is a ‘made up crisis’ since you will lose income?

And by the way, you’ll actually get nothing in return for losing that income which will be used to vastly overpay for more government programs that benefit no one except a select few.

Yes, I stand by my statement.. this "crisis" is made up.
First; it wont happen. Watch.. your saviors will 'save the day"Second; the they will openly admit that to do so; will mean more inflation, but YOU will be happy, afterall they didn't take your money from your face.
Third;  they will rob you blind for the next 10 - 20 years

The fiscal cliff, can be made to take time, or they retro-actively "turn back the tax clock". It is mis-direction.  
5% of my earnings is nothing compard to the losses I have already sufferd due to inflation.  The debt is there.. it must be paid. It can be taxed, or it can be stolen via inflation. There is NO other option. The idea that not raising taxes means the debt goes  away is absurd.

PS: Coffee, when I bought it last year was $7, it is now $9.. 28% inflation... and you want me to worry about 5%????  

Yehaw Congress saved the day! You heard it here first....

Web .. You are correct. My cutting remark was uncalled for and I do apologize.

Also as you statement about inflation. You are correct... to a point. If inflation is no more than gains in productivity, then for all intents it is invisiable. However, that is NOT the case, or should I say other than using Clinton-era heuristics can that be said to be the case. If you agree that spam = porter -house steak then yes, inflation is 2% and that might be on par with productivity.

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #23 - 01/02/13 at 08:56:22

MShipley wrote on 12/31/12 at 17:29:48:
cliche' or not it is true....it was for Bush and it is even more true for the current administration. Do not assume that because I do not agree with the current admin. that I do agree with the Republicans. Actually I think they have us all right where they want us. They have polarized 1/2 the country aginst the other 1/2 of the country. This keeps one of the two sides always in power. They never win by thier platform or what they will do, they win buy fostering your hate for the other guy and vice/versa. Quite frankly I think it is purposeful. The current situaton: it is not about what is right, they will do what they want to do. But before they do they will create as much hate and distain in the american people one side aginst the other as they can. Some will vote for any Republican because they hate Democrates the other will vote for any Democrate because they hate Republicans........and on.....and on.....and on

I agree with this 10000000000000 %. Stirring the pot of hate, is a useful tool when both side basically have nothing else to differentiate themselves from the other. The politicians can choose to use this or not. They have choosen to use it. In fact, I think the Mitt Ronmey team was floored when thier hate/fear mongering failed to yield the desired results. Of course they perhaps SHOULD have expected it when they cast the hate/fear towards anyone that was not a supported of Mitt only. I didnt leave the party... I was kicked out. ( ok not completely true, I havent been IN the GOP since Regan)

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #24 - 01/02/13 at 09:12:06

WebsterMark wrote on 01/02/13 at 06:19:17:
And not one word from either side about the billions and billons and a trillion spent

I don't recall that to be true. I recall many discussions about cost. Contrary to pop culture belief, there was no 'rush to war'. It makes a nice catch phrase, but that’s not how it happened.

I recall a lot of criticism levelled @ bush from the Rush "I snort this powder my house keeper sold me to help with my back ache I didn't know it was cocaine" Lame bag and his fellow fear mongers, right after he won his second term ... the criticism was basically how Bush wasn't conservative enough, and the conservatives should take back the WH ... yea, That was the criticism. Disown your man as soon as you drop him in the WH, and say the next guy will be our man.

Much like I tried a few weeks ago with Elizabeth warren.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 03:53:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Pines - BS thought of the day - the Fiscal Cliff

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.