Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Why not carry concealed even if it's illegal? (Read 386 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Why not carry concealed even if it's illegal?
Reply #45 - 01/07/13 at 06:47:17

Starlifter wrote on 01/05/13 at 11:42:39:
For example in the instance of Dave's encounter with a threatening nut while doing his job in an official capacity, he was totally justified in obtaining a CCW permit.

Oh and Dave, you shoot only in the gravest extreme. To save money or property (not your own) no. When your life or someone else's life is in imminent danger, you shoot. No warning shots, no shoot em' in the leg, you shoot to kill. We were trained to put two in the chest and one in the head very quickly and very accurately.

I agree that the only time to shoot is when you or your family are in a life death situation.  If someone was robbing me and I was only going to lose some money or credit cards - I am sure it is not worth shooting.  But how do you know that they won't shoot you after you hand over your wallet?  It is impossible to know in advance.

For a few years I worked closely with a local Police department and I shot a tartet pistol in the state Combat Competition as a civilian.  I learned a lot from hanging around with these men.  I learned that the only time you pull your weapon is when you are willing to kill someone to save our life - you never pull the weapon out with the intent of just wounding someone.

Having a Concealed Carry Permit and a loaded gun with me has made me aware that it is best to avoid shady areas and situations that are questionable - I am much more careful now.      

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 06:46:37

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why not carry concealed even if it's illegal?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.