Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Why not carry concealed even if it's illegal? (Read 386 times)
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Re: Why not carry concealed even if it's illegal?
Reply #15 - 01/03/13 at 20:00:21

srinath wrote on 01/02/13 at 13:17:51:
Carrying concealed works less effectively as a deterrent than carrying open IMHO. In NC you dont need a permit to carry open. Many states are that way.

Utah is that way as well. However, from what I've seen, those that choose to carry open do so to exercise their rights. It's a pollitical statement, not an attempt to deter a physical attack. As for those of us that carry concealed legally, we are also not trying to deter anything. We just want to be prepared in the event we need to protect ourselves or our loved ones. With that said, when I do carry, I make a conscious effort to avoid any place that one might feel the need to carry. It keeps me out of trouble, and the last thing I want to do is have to take someones' life. Even if they're a criminal. But.........I will do what I have to do if put into that kind of situation.

"I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #16 - 01/03/13 at 20:33:46

In the history of our local mall, there have never been any serious incidents @ one local mall ... where the anchor store is bass pro shops, there is always rednecks walking around with fresh brand new guns and cross bows and all sorts of artillery. I look it up after I saw the stats ... I would have to assume the concealed carry guys are the same proportion as the rest of the area malls. Its just that the visibly armed are more in number which does not occour in other malls. Some malls have closed due to crime then blight in my town. Likely has affected the lower crime rate in that 1 mall.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Face

Tubes Rule !!!

SL,UT
Reply #17 - 01/03/13 at 20:52:03

Valid point.    I suppose, whatever the motivation of the carrier, criminals are less likely to try something if the guy standing next to them is strapped with an open .45

"I have not failed. I've just found 1,000 ways that won't work."
Thomas A. Edison
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #18 - 01/04/13 at 04:49:50

Like animals in the wild, bad people who want to do bad things to others, are looking for the weak of the population to attack.  If they have a weapon and you do not then you are the "weak one" in that encounter.  If they see you have a visible weapon they will not likely try to attack you; same if they THINK you may have a weapon concealed on you.
If you think about the mass killings in the past years, it was always against the weak & vulnerable who were attacked.  As soon as the criminal was confronted by someone else with a weapon they usually committed suicide like the cowards they really are.  

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #19 - 01/04/13 at 06:20:29

LANCER wrote on 01/04/13 at 04:49:50:

If you think about the mass killings in the past years, it was always against the weak & vulnerable who were attacked.  As soon as the criminal was confronted by someone else with a weapon they usually committed suicide like the cowards they really are.  

Very true.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 01/04/13 at 06:41:43

I agree with your overall point Lancer except the coward part.

They are not cowards; they are mentally ill; severely mentally ill.  

Almost by definition, a 'coward' would not start a mass shooting he knows will eventually escalate to a confrontation with another armed person. The Columbine kids wanted a war; they wanted to be thought of as warriors. I’m not sure what the definition of coward is, but it is not a severely mentally ill young man completely delusional about the real world.

IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #21 - 01/04/13 at 07:10:06

Web, I agree with your point as well. There are many mentally ill people that never get the help they need and things like the school shootings happen. It is possible that the mental illness drives them and then cowardice takes over at the end. I refuse to believe that EVERYONE who kills other people and/or themselves as being mentally ill. Unless the definition of mental illness is just someone who's mind works differently than yours. We will never truly know how the mind works for the majority of the people, so we can't call the majority normal. Perhaps some of the mass killers just didn't know how to deal with all the brainwashing and chemicals that the government and others are forcing them to accept as correct and normal. They made their statement and killed themselves because they are cowards. But then again, cowardice can be called a mental illness. If it's not in 'the magic illness book', I am sure it will be soon. There is certainly a drug for that I am sure can make some big pharm company tons of money.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 01/04/13 at 07:58:34

They lose their mentally ill status and move to the criminally insane as sonn as they pull the trigger...

I have had a CC permit for the last five years, I am not renewing it, it is a ripoff by the government, the NRA, and the local Sheriff dept.. We are a open carry state, if I feel threatened, I'll carry..

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #23 - 01/04/13 at 08:18:41

I don't know if I could open carry. When in a crowd, I am constantly checking to be sure my wallet is still there. I can't imagine the paranoia I would have about someone taking my open weapon. I don't check for my concealed weapon except on the bike. I do that periodically if I can't feel it.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 01/04/13 at 08:33:43

Greg wrote on 01/04/13 at 08:18:41:
I don't know if I could open carry. When in a crowd, I am constantly checking to be sure my wallet is still there. I can't imagine the paranoia I would have about someone taking my open weapon. I don't check for my concealed weapon except on the bike. I do that periodically if I can't feel it.

Carrying concealed is a hassle, it is always poking into my back, always have to take it out when driving, it gets painful.. I have worn it on my hip when on my mountain property for a few days, kinda forget its there, once went into town for supplys, people kinda look at you strange.. In the old days never noticed it, all the local ranchers carried, every pickup had guns in their racks...

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
Greg
Serious Thumper

Molon Labe

Southeast PA, uSA
Reply #25 - 01/04/13 at 08:50:36

Retread wrote on 01/04/13 at 08:33:43:
every pickup had guns in their racks...

Not being a rancher, I didn't experience everything, but this was the norm when I was younger.

2002 Savage.
WWW   IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 01/04/13 at 09:13:40

WebsterMark wrote on 01/04/13 at 06:41:43:

You don't have to be mentally ill to commit a crime.
You could argue they are sane and competent and when faced with an issue made the only logical conclusion they could at the time.

Working long hours, being taxed to death, no money, starving and stealing food to stay alive as an example.
Although this is usually not the case from what I know regarding those who would commit crimes.

--Steve

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 01/04/13 at 09:21:15

Don't misunderstand my point. I'm not suggesting mental illness removes guilt after the commission of a crime or they are not criminals. I was just commenting on the coward comment, that's all.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #28 - 01/04/13 at 10:13:34

Paraquat wrote on 01/04/13 at 09:13:40:

You could argue they are sane and competent and when faced with an issue made the only logical conclusion they could at the time.

Working long hours, being taxed to death, no money, starving and stealing food to stay alive as an example.
Although this is usually not the case from what I know regarding those who would commit crimes.

--Steve

You're talking career criminals. In a way those neccesitated by circumstances are not ones you can stop by passing any gun related law ... unless you had done it 200 years ago ...

I am talking whack jobs who really need help ... but till they get that help, they need to be kept away from sharp objects, or hanging rope, or anything else they can hurt themselves with and especially weapons they can hurt others with.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #29 - 01/04/13 at 15:01:48

srinath wrote on 01/04/13 at 10:13:34:
Paraquat wrote on 01/04/13 at 09:13:40:

--Steve

You're talking career criminals. In a way those neccesitated by circumstances are not ones you can stop by passing any gun related law ... unless you had done it 200 years ago ...

I am talking whack jobs who really need help ... but till they get that help, they need to be kept away from sharp objects, or hanging rope, or anything else they can hurt themselves with and especially weapons they can hurt others with.

Cool.
Srinath.

And how do you, or anyone civilian or in gov't, decide who those people are BEFORE they do the evil deed ?
In 99.99% of the cases you can't, because you cannot read another persons mind or know what is in their heart.  Are not most of the mass killers "LONER'S" ?  If they are loners then there may be no one who has a clue of what is on their mind or in their heart.  There is no way to stop someone like that before they do evil.

Another person could look at you and having heard that you grew up in India, decide that you may be associated with a terrorist group, and call the Fed's to report you.  Would they be correct ?  Not that I know of you, but who knows what they may think ?  If they called the Fed's would you think it was fair ?  I doubt it.

Anyway, point is that unless you have personal knowledge of factual information of a criminal conspiracy there is nothing that can be done.
The fact is that evil happens.  It is a terrible thing but this is the world we live in.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 16:51:25

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why not carry concealed even if it's illegal?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.