Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Memorable Christmas gifts (Read 116 times)
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Memorable Christmas gifts
12/25/12 at 08:06:39

Talking to my sister the other night on the phone.
Her and my Mom live in Ca.
Anyways, she brought up the subject, on most
memorable Christmas presents when we were kids.
She said hers was the one when we got our new
bicycles. OMG it reminded me of how surprised and
how much we loved and enjoyed our new bikes.
We talked of how our Dad took us into town and let
us ride the few blocks back to our house on our new
bikes.
Then she asked me what my most memorable present was..
Well tell her when we got our twin beds..
We had shared a double bed and bedroom most of our lives.
We were 12 and 11 when we got our new beds.
Our brother had taken us to friends house and parents called
when it was time to come home.
We were told to "go clean your room".
That surprised us as we had cleaned our room that morning.
So we go in there and "surprise"..
New twin beds, bedspreads and Mom had even made and hung
up new curtains..
Life just couldn't get any better.. Wink
So if you have the time, how about sharing some of yours with
me.. Cup of cheer to all, xoxoxo Smiley kim

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Re: Memorable Christmas gifts
Reply #1 - 12/25/12 at 09:12:45

First full sized bike. My parents hid it in the attic, but my mom forgot and sent me up there for something. I walked right past it twice and never saw it, which my parents did not believe. Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #2 - 12/25/12 at 10:11:02

Can't remember if I was 7 or 9 (I'm 40 now), but my Grandpa gave me his old truck. Still have it too, a 1949 Dodge 1/2 ton perpetual project... Grin

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 12/25/12 at 22:39:31

Christmas 1969,... my dad was on tour in Vietnam... he sent his Air-force buddy money to get me a bike...

My friends all had lawnmower type mini-bikes, but I just had my pedal bike...

It was beautiful... 60cc 2-stroke Yamaha Mini-trail... much like the little Honda 50, but with a 4-spd and a clutch... and a good bit faster...
Never expected it,.. we weren't rich, not even middle class...
Fortunately,... it fit through the front door... because, I was so excited, I slept next to it that night, on the floor... the gas/oil smell mixing in my nostrils as I slept...
Smiley...
Problem was,.. no dad to teach me to ride... and I had no idea what a clutch was...
I spent the first 2 weeks, revving it to high heaven, and slamming it into 1st... ride an abrupt wheelie for a bit... then go...
... I got the shifting figured out pretty quick... in an hour or so...
The nuance of clutching to take off, was a slower process of trial and error ...
Luckily,... the gas station attendant knew it was 2-stroke, and explained the oil/gas mix to me... (in those days, they had a squirt pump next to the gas pump... 1 squirt equalled 20/1 mix per gallon)...
Then,.. I broke my right arm in 2 places that January... (not from ridin'... from playin' soccer),... I was down for 2 months...
First day the cast was off... back on the bike...

Long story short... by the time dad came home,.. I was able to give him a power slidin', wheelie poppin', doughnut digging, stunt show...

That was my best present ever...

My dad died a young man, when I was barely out of high school,.. but I did get to buy him a bike,...a little Honda 360,... his first since he was a young man in the 1950's...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 - 12/26/12 at 04:56:16

Hmmm I think the trend holds for me too, first bike  Cheesy  It was an Evil Knievel bike!!!   We didn't have money to burn and I didn't even ask for a bike more or less a more expensive one then say a base Huffy. So the joy brought to my young eyes on X-mass morning was more then I deserved   Smiley   I eventually bought one of those motorcycle noise making grips with my allowance too  LOL.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 12/26/12 at 06:13:32

Christmas when I turned 21 was a good one.
I got an AK47.
They were only ~$260 at the time. All my friends got fancy clothes or mall gift cards or whatever kids got back then and I got an AK47. Technically a WASR10 but cosmetically they are the same thing.

It's the gift that keeps on giving! I still have it in near perfect shape with the original cleaning rod, brush, and tool kit. Only put about 10,000 rounds through it. I shot the Hell out of it every summer until I started working OT. I haven't stopped working OT since.

--Steve

IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #6 - 12/26/12 at 07:21:33

ToesNose wrote on 12/26/12 at 04:56:16:
Hmmm I think the trend holds for me too, first bike  Cheesy  It was an Evil Knievel bike!!!   We didn't have money to burn and I didn't even ask for a bike more or less a more expensive one then say a base Huffy. So the joy brought to my young eyes on X-mass morning was more then I deserved   Smiley   I eventually bought one of those motorcycle noise making grips with my allowance too  LOL.

http://bmxmuseum.com/image/1ek1_lg.jpg

I'll be.. I never even knew they made those!!!  ( i watched Evil fail over ther Snake river from my roof top)

I dont think I can think of "best ever" gift.  In 1975 we moved (back ) from Idaho to Mississippi. It was a very sore trial ( for all of us), I had no friends, we went from a 2000' house to a miserable apartment. My aunt gave me 4 books. Up to that time a was good reader, but never really read a book for fun. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and The Hobbit.  From Christmas day to going back to school, I read them all. I dont think I even slept.  They became a yearly trek for me, when the world was cold and wet, and outside fun was no more, I would spend days and nights reading them.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #7 - 12/27/12 at 21:08:11

How old were you Pine?  The first time I tried reading Tolkien I was 9 and it was just too much for me (way over my pea brain), wound up coming back to it at 12 years old LOL.

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #8 - 12/28/12 at 06:34:39

ToesNose wrote on 12/27/12 at 21:08:11:
How old were you Pine?  The first time I tried reading Tolkien I was 9 and it was just too much for me (way over my pea brain), wound up coming back to it at 12 years old LOL.

In 1975 I was in 6th grade, so ~12ish. I got the books for Christmas, and birthday is February, so late 12.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #9 - 12/28/12 at 09:36:33

My most memorable Christmas gift was one I gave.  It was for Aida.  It was a ring.  Actually THE ring.  Grin  She kinda suspected something.  My entire family was there and entirely too well dressed. Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:34:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Memorable Christmas gifts

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.