Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I think I've figure myself out! (Read 38 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

I think I've figure myself out!
12/24/12 at 10:43:14

Does this make me liberal or conservative????  I know I'm not super liberal or super conservative, I kinda feel that there's no place for someone "in the middle" like me

I believe in the first amendment, I believe it's freedom OF religion, not FROM religion but fair is fair and fair is hard to balance so deal with it,

I believe in the second amendment completely, if you can afford a tank, you should be able to buy one, but education and maturity

I am pro-choice (mainly because it encourages individual freedom and personal responsibility, it doesn't force responsibility) but celebrate the value of life and wish the "pro-life" movement would focus on making pro-life options the FIRST option, promote adoption, PROMOTE and FUND alternatives and do it in the urban environment or wherever it's most needed.

I am christian.

I DON"T believe that MIGHT makes RIGHT which is a real sticking point with me when people try to shove their political beliefs and call me stupid for not following them blindly.

Economics, I DON"T see a connection between tax rates and economic growth, I lived through the 90s, good economy, higher tax rates, I've read about the 50s and 60s, same thing, now this is NOT to say that I want tax rates to go up, I don't feel any desire to "punish" the rich or successful. But I'm not blind to the corruption that  "fiduciary responsibility" leads to either, CEO's should NOT have golden parachutes when they are fired or resign for any reason but I don't believe that unions or other ways to combat that are perfect either, you can't trust anyone with your money and "voting with your dollar" is total complete BS.  I do believe that our government needs to control it's spending a lot better, this INCLUDES military spending.

I think that the EPA could be drastically cut back but there should be strong punishments for poisoning water and air there is a balance here, I am not an crazy environmentalist or PETA supporter.  

I also think Obama-care is a horrible bill, it doesn't really fix anything, although I think we think about and address the healthcare in this nation but I have no real answers but I think that health insurance companies are abusing their customers too much. I kinda like the idea of single payer with private insurance to subsidize your own self and family if you feel you need it.  

Homosexuals should be able to get "married" and take the same shortcut for legal reasons that heterosexual couples enjoy, this is a legal issue not a moral one, however, that issue won't affect my vote, oh and the pro-choice issue doesn't affect my vote either.

the "free market" is a myth, markets will ALWAYS be able to be manipulated by money and those that control it

America is a Great Nation, but we do have our flaws, no one is perfect.

okay did I miss anything????  those seem to be the big issues that I can remember right now, I'm sure I"m missing something

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Re: I think I've figure myself out!
Reply #1 - 12/24/12 at 11:10:45

LA -

Sounds to me like you've done a darn good job of figuring yourself out, along with most of us.

I like your ending sentences - we live in the best country on Earth.  Could it be tweaked here and there to benefit more; sure it could.  But in the end, always ask yourself why so many Cubans risked almost sure death trying to get here in inner tudes and homemade rafts after Castro took over.  Also consider the poor Mexicans who risk being the victims of human traffickers to get across the border to the U.S.  Why did my grandfather pack up everything he owned in two large trunks, endure about 3 weeks in the bowels of some stinky, old ship to get to a place he really didn't know much about and couldn't even speak the language?  All to get HERE.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 04:30:07

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I think I've figure myself out!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.