Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Keeping hands warm in cold weather? (Read 507 times)
strang

london
Re: Keeping hands warm in cold weather?
Reply #30 - 01/11/13 at 12:12:32

Mate of mine just wears a flimsy pair of gloves and then at the stop lights he puts his hands down on the engine to warm them up.
Last time I had a beer with him he mentioned that he had melted his gloves.  Grin
proper old school

IP Logged
DavidOfMA

Getting back in gear
after a long time
away

Beverly, MA
Reply #31 - 01/11/13 at 15:44:19

Yeah... I'm looking for something a little more reliable. Not many lights where I ride, anyway. Scooter Mitts seem promising.

- David
  IP Logged
CaramelQT

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

RI
Reply #32 - 03/15/13 at 18:34:38

I use vinyl/latex/exam gloves under my leather gloves, double up on pants, and put the hoody on under my 3/4 helmet & it works out well.

IP Logged
RidgeRunner13
Serious Thumper

haulin' the
groceries!

Mustang Island, Texas
Reply #33 - 03/15/13 at 20:23:12

I don't think I had to do anything for the Scooter Mitts to work on the Savage. I had to modify them a bit to fit my 950 though. They're shorter than what Digger has, making it easier to get your hands in & out. Cool

Wind me up & watch me run, I ain't never had too much fun!
  IP Logged
DavidOfMA

Getting back in gear
after a long time
away

Beverly, MA
Reply #34 - 03/15/13 at 20:48:57

Got the mitts and, like you, didn't find they needed any modifying. But, I'm also finding I don't really need them. Slathered  my winter gloves in mink oil and heated them up with a hair dryer to get it to soak in, and they're good as long as the temp is 40 or above. Below that, I wear a glove liner, too. I don't think I'd need the mitts unless I was riding for longer than a couple of hours without stopping. Winter riding is getting to be kind of, well, cool!

- David
  IP Logged
wheelsoffreedom76
YaBB Newbies

Kansas
Reply #35 - 03/16/13 at 13:53:58

I was just out at walmart and checked their glove section and found a pair of wells-lamont cowhide gloves with 100 gram thinsulate marked $5. When I checked out they rang up $3. I tried them out on the way home (it's around 45 right now) and they worked great. My other leather gloves have much less insulation and I'd have swore I had frostbite the other morning (was 27 out). I have a pair of ski gloves that are 100 gram thinsulate that I wore that next morning and they kept my fingers warm, but I feel much better having leather/cowhide gloves on just in case I have to go body surfing on the pavement.

06 S40
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 16:30:46

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Keeping hands warm in cold weather?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.