Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Maybe We Should Focus More on Pills, Less On Guns (Read 255 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Maybe We Should Focus More on Pills, Less On Guns
12/22/12 at 15:28:23

“A Timeline Of Mass Shootings In The US Since Columbine.”

• An autopsy concluded that Columbine killer Eric Harris had the SSRI antidepressant Fluvoxamine in his bloodstream at the time of his death.

• Jeff Weise, who killed nine people and himself at a Minnesota high school in 2005, was taking increasingly high doses of Prozac at the time of his spree.

• Robert Hawkins, who killed eight people and himself at an Omaha mall in 2007, reportedly “had been on antidepressants” at the time of his shooting. He allegedly had taken antidepressants since he was six years old.

• Seung-Hui Cho, who killed 32 and wounded 23 at Virginia Tech in 2007, had been prescribed Prozac and had previously taken Paxil for a year, but he apparently had ceased taking his medication at the time of the shooting.

• Andrew Engeldinger killed five people and himself after being fired from his job in 2012. A police search of his house revealed he’d been prescribed the antidepressants Mirtazapine and Trazodone, as well as the insomnia medication Temazepam.

• Eduardo Sencion, who killed four people and himself with an assault rifle at a Utah IHOP in 2011, was a paranoid schizophrenic whose “medications were changed” during the summer prior to his attack.

• Robert Kenneth Stewart, who murdered eight people at a North Carolina nursing home in 2009, submitted to a blood test that revealed he had Lexapro, Ambien, Benadryl, and Xanax in his system at the time of his spree.

• Steven Kazmierczak, who killed five people and himself on Valentine’s Day in 2008, had allegedly been prescribed Xanax, Ambien, and Prozac, although according to his girlfriend he had stopped taking Prozac prior to the massacre.

• James Eagan Holmes, who shot up a Colorado movie theater in July, reportedly took 100MG of Vicodin before the shooting. He had also allegedly seen three school psychiatrists prior to his attack. Although his psychiatric records are privileged information, in his mug shot he appears to be medicated up to the eyeballs.

And Adam Lanza, slayer of over two dozen people on Friday, appears to have had a classic pair of Medication Eyes himself. He was also reportedly “troubled” and possibly “autistic.” A neighbor of Lanza’s claims he was taking medication.
Its a documented fact that doctors kill more than guns do. Should these killings be classified as medical malpractice? No one in their right mind is going to gun down innocent adults and children. All of these killers were being treated, I think the doctors should have incarcerated these killers and they should have their license permanently revoked. The AMA has just as much to do with these atrocties as the NRA.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Maybe We Should Focus More on Pills, Less On G
Reply #1 - 12/24/12 at 06:02:30

I'd be curious to see how many of these people had permits or legally owned firearms.

My parents wanted to put me on anti depressants for a while. Zoloft at first and then Paxil. I was on each for about a month of each before I stopped taking them of my own accord. I wonder how worse I would've been if they had forcibly medicated me. At the time these drugs were brand new and I doubt they had the long term necessary testing. I doubt they still do.

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 12/24/12 at 09:35:25

With 1 in 10 Americans clinically depressed,... I'd be more surprised if a suicidal, mass murderer, wasn't on some kind of medication...
It's not the cause,.. it's a symptom...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 12/24/12 at 09:46:20

I'd like to see the gun industry fight the pharmaceutical industry. The winner then takes on the auto industry. Then that winner takes on the finsncial industry.

Seriously I am tired of all the corporations ... rememeber what McCain said ... the scariest words - I am here from a private corporation and I am here to help you.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Jerry Eichenberger
Serious Thumper

2006 S40.  OEM
windshield, saddle
bags, Sportster

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #4 - 12/24/12 at 10:49:24

Midnight -

How in the heck can you blame the docs who have tried to treat these people?  It's not their fault that teh patients are whacky.

Treating mental illness is anything but an exact science.  That's why I favor increased scrutiny of the lives, activities, living conditions, etc. of anyone diagnosed with a mental illness.  Maybe to include locking them up in a
mental institution, if you can still find one.

This all goes back to the 1970s and 1980s, when mental institutions were closed nationwide, and we got all warm and fuzzy about the fact that we had nutjobs locked up, and, Oh my, we have to let them loose.

I think it's so plain and simple - no normal person commits these senseless crimes.

Jerry Eichenberger
Columbus, Ohio
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 12/24/12 at 11:44:38

Y'know midnight, gun nuts will take any option to divert blame.

Gas, air spark ... that's how a bike runs, and we are trying to cut off the spark to keep it from running ... yank the plug cap. That is yanking guns from people. The cheapest and most effective way to keep the explosion ...

You want to cut off air or fuel, yes it will be possible, but will take longer and more effort. We need to open the mental institutions back up, we need a insanity check program going, we need this or that ... and they will all be done over the next 20 years. Now, we need to stop this, and we do that by cutting off guns bullets while we do the rest.

Yea columbine happened after the ban on assault weapons ... you see, we just banned them on paper, and nothing else to prevent it ... and the killers got them @ a gun show ... no problem, they cant buy em @ walmart, only @ sears. That is the rule ... its banned. OK. Bullcrap.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #6 - 12/24/12 at 11:59:48

srinath wrote on 12/24/12 at 11:44:38:
Gas, air spark ... that's how a bike runs, and we are trying to cut off the spark to keep it from running ... yank the plug cap. That is yanking guns from people. The cheapest and most effective way to keep the explosion ...

Other than it being a multi-million cylinder engine, and all plug on cap, that works.  So when you take away every gun, it will stop guns.  But until you take away all of them, you can not have mine.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 12/24/12 at 13:53:15

Guns - who cares, we get the bullet supply cut off.
That we do right now.
The guns can decay on their own.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 12/24/12 at 14:38:15

I have 3 guns but probably 500 - 1000 rounds of ammo. Plus, i have a black powder pistol and half a pound of so of powder. You think there's a run on gun sales, wait until someone mentions ammo sale restrictions....

With about $50 worth of equipment, you can reload  your own ammo.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 12/24/12 at 14:44:01

You're thinking the gunpowder and all the rest will be left available.
Bullets and all of its components will have to be shut off.

So your point is ... gun control is futile, cos there is so much of it ...

And cops will have to be put on the schools 24/7 ...

I'd suggest gun prices and bullet prices are to be used to pay for that.

Seriously this is a huge reason for govt being so huge. Its now comming out of tax payers, it should come out of gun and bullet sales

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 12/24/12 at 14:45:31

WebsterMark wrote on 12/24/12 at 14:38:15:
I have 3 guns but probably 500 - 1000 rounds of ammo. Plus, i have a black powder pistol and half a pound of so of powder. You think there's a run on gun sales, wait until someone mentions ammo sale restrictions....

With about $50 worth of equipment, you can reload  your own ammo.

Oddly, I have 1 gun and almost 500 rounds ... I just checked.
He he ... I am a vintage rifle guy ... owned it for years, not been fired in years too.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #11 - 12/24/12 at 15:35:56

Jerry you of all people should know that its the law that an individual should be incarcerated if he suspected of harming himself or others. Instead of treating them the doctors are prescribing meds that a large percentage of the time make the syptoms worse. The bad thing about it is the chiken sh!t parents go along with it.

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #12 - 12/24/12 at 16:22:40

srinath wrote on 12/24/12 at 14:44:01:

And cops will have to be put on the schools 24/7 ...

I'd suggest gun prices and bullet prices are to be used to pay for that.

Seriously this is a huge reason for govt being so huge. Its now comming out of tax payers, it should come out of gun and bullet sales

Cool.
Srinath.

Theres millions of gun enthusiast have enough powder, brass, primers and bullets to load millions of rounds of ammo. They're out there as I speak buying more. Its impossible to outlaw anything that can be made at home. Outlawing bullets would just create another illegal cottage industry.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #13 - 12/24/12 at 18:26:06

The Chinese were making gunpowder over 1000 years ago, and you think people can't today?  McVay made a more powerful explosive out of things from a feed store...

IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #14 - 12/24/12 at 18:37:11

Cool.
Srinath.

Yes, gun control is futile.  It simply does NOT work.  The only effect it has ever had was to allow the bad guys to be better armed than the good guys.  You see, the bad guys like gun control because they can ignore it, and they know only the good guys will submit.  It has never, ever slowed down the misuse of guns in any way.  This is not an opinion,.. just ask the FBI.

I pretty much despised Peter Jennings, except for one question he asked on a "news" show that was discussing guns.  He asked (while holding about 40 pounds of books containing gun laws), "If these 20,000 gun laws I am holding here have little effect on the misuse of guns, how will another 100 or 1000 laws change anything?"  The panel said, "ubba dee uh, ubba dee uh,..ummmm... well we have to do something."

« Last Edit: 12/25/12 at 05:21:03 by Gyrobob »  

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 05:57:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Maybe We Should Focus More on Pills, Less On Guns

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.