Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: My Christmas story
Reply #15 - 12/23/12 at 19:44:07

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/22/12 at 19:31:46:
Yep,, I be 58 tomorrow..

And I'm just 6 months behind you my friend Wink! Sure seems like yesterday I turned 18!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #16 - 12/23/12 at 19:59:06

I built a similar one for my grandson. I'm slow trying to work being sick with Lupus and it took me 2 1/2 days. Dont trim close to it with your weedeater, it will eat the soft cedar wood up. Make up your own homebrew weedkiller to spray around it, We both hate Roundup! Merry Christmas buddy, I know your grandson will have one.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #17 - 12/24/12 at 03:35:22

Looks like you got a good deal, even with all the hassle. I'm sure the kiddies will love it   Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 12/24/12 at 06:11:29

Glad to see you're in better spirits.

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 12/24/12 at 07:36:41

If the blasted thing had 12 more boards I swear a guy'd need a building permit,, Ive got the Monkey Bar side built, not all tight yet, thats a few minutes, no biggee, Ive got the end that holds the swings up built, the tower is standing, walls, door & roof remain, slide isnt built, ladder to the fort is.
Finding the parts, interpreting the drawings, getting the orientation correct
( they didnt bother to point out that there are pilot holes in the fort verticals that need to be pointed OUT, I got Lucky 3 times.. I drilled the other one,,) ITs a serious project, organization & patience are key. I havent got mad once,, Im impressed!

Its pretty important to get the thing square & level in the fort area, so, I spent some time on that. A Fat rubber mallet ( like they used to smack hubcaps with before they were all plastic) & a heavy tape measure, cross measuring the 1st 2 walls, then putting the connectors between them to make what looks like an EEEnormous Box-Kite & there I just slapped a SWanson speed square in the corners. I cross measured the verticals at the top before I screwed the floor in the fort & squared that up, it was real close anyway.

Each step is easier now, b/c the pile of stuff to sort thru to get the parts together is shrinking fast.LIke a big jigsaw toward the end, there is some anxiety that a part may be missing, Look like all the main structure is here, so, Ill cut & make whatever is missing unless its a roof plank, they lap,, I cant cut that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #20 - 12/24/12 at 20:07:07

It only gets better with age, you young pups.  Put my grandson's on a sand slab (if you willl) and that has kept the greenery away.  Have fun building it cause the kids will surely have fun playing on it.  Happy Xmas to you and yours. Cheesy

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #21 - 12/25/12 at 07:58:15

Nice to hear it all worked out in your favor.
I am sure the kids are gonna love it.
It should bring many hours of fun and
enjoyment to them.
Merry Christmas JOG..xoxo Smiley kim

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:26:12

General CategoryThe Cafe › My Christmas story