Send Topic Print
My Christmas story (Read 176 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
My Christmas story
12/22/12 at 08:04:43

Ad in Academy sports flyer, Biggo Swingset, $300.00. Get there, sold out, BUT, the $400.00 one has one left, BUT, theres a leftover Bigger one on clearance from last year that normally almost $800.00 I can have for $520, inc. TT&L, all I gotta do is take it home & build it. Back the truck up, kids load 'er up, I get home & unload it & the SIL is looking at the parts & says,, "Hmm,,, Looksa to MEa like botha boxes area the sameaa" & I slooowly turn my head & let out a a "Wuuuhhhh???"".. & Yep,, Sho nuff.

I have 2 Box 2 of 2's,,,, AAaaarrrgggghhhh says I..

So, I go to the store & find one of the guys who loaded it up. He is actually a smart guy & actually applies himself. The other one wouldnt put a fire out if he was standing next to it with a hose unless someone told him to,, Not exactly a self starter,,

Annnyway,,, There is NO Box 1 of 2 in there. Talked to the manager.
He wants me to go home & load somewhere between 3 & 400 POUNDS of lumber Back in my truck & bring it back & is willing to Give me a 20% discount on a $280.00 one... WooHOOO,, get one I didnt want & get "Paid" a whopping $56.00 for loading & hauling something I wouldnt have Hired On To for anything under $100.00.. Uhhh, No Thanks I say,, Gonna hafta do better.

Well,, thats as good as I can do, thats "Company POlicy"..

I get the REgional Mgr's number.

WE Talked a while. He told me how it most likely all came about,, a pallet of box 2 of 2 went somewhere & a pallet of box 1 of 2 went somewhere.. I suggested they should be able to run down a box 1 of 2 or, if not, send someone out to pickup this mess, because IF I am expected to load Their Crap, I will be scooping it up, with a backhoe & Dumping it in the back of my truck. My back wont be bending & picking all that crap, piece at a time. Wait,, Thats what I told the Store mgr,, Im guessing he shared that with the REgional mgr, b/c the regional mgr said he would send a truck & people to retrieve the other stuff..
Anyway, how it worked out was,, he said IF we cant find a Box 1, I will send out the next largest unit, which IS the Largest unit they make, the Colorado, its like a cabin in the mountains,, kinda glad we didnt get it, take a week to put it together..

So, Box 1 gets delivered, the extra box 2 gets hauled away, he threw in a Kids swing & after some additional negotiating, I got a $100.00 gift card coming.

So, Why did I type all this? Ehh,, Im not ready to get out & get to work & I thot it mite help someone wrangle with a corporation.
Dont allow some low level schmuck to dictate terms. If youre not being treated satisfactorily, go over their head. Dont let them play False Logic games. Both of the store managers I talked to tried to lay it off on me. One asked why I didnt load & return it immediately, instead of driving up there empty( I was complaining of making trips, burning gas,etc) & I told him why it made no sense for me to haul something before a deal was made, parts found, etc & told him my thinking on it was straight & his wasnt. Theyre just schmucks with a job, dont be intimidated.
The other one tried to engage in some logical fallacies & I nailed him to the wall Immediately & took the opportunity to tell him why it wasnt necessary for the loader to have been employed there more than 6 months to KNOW that the product he loaded had been there since last year, as it hadnt been advertised this year, was there ever since he came on board, while other stock, advertised & sold this year came in this year. I took that opportunity to tell him the Loader ( Daniel) was a smart guy & a hard worker & its quite possible he even read some Sherlock Holmes as a youth.,.

Anyway, it was that manager I told I would load their stuff w/ the backhoe.. I never got to meet him face to face. I tried, Daniel tried to get us together, he just somehow managed to disappear,, aww shux..

Ohh well,, Ill be in there one day & Ill meet good Ol Jeff. I expect he will remember me,, he tried so hard to buffalo me, but, he couldnt,, heee flippin Hee Hee Hee..

... and when yer' all done... the kids will play with the box it came in...  Grin... - Serow...

« Last Edit: 12/22/12 at 09:19:55 by Serowbot »  

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: My Christmas story
Reply #1 - 12/22/12 at 09:07:58

merry xmas jog, have fun fittin' tab a into slot z

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 12/22/12 at 09:55:50

NO, No, NOOOooo, Rowboat,, not gonna happen on this one, Im using the box to sort parts into & as cover to keep leaves out thru the nite. Its been rained upon & Ive dragged stuff around on the boxes,, Im Not gonna let the box live,, the boy is gonna play on the swingset!
Its got a , heck,, heres a pic,, I dont wanna try to describe it,,

I totally dig the closed in area in the middle. He can put his trucks & stuff up in there. Im SO happy my grandkid is a BOY!!! & Hes a tuff little dude,too. I saw crash, coming down off a leaf littered lump of dirt about 4 feet tall. He went down with a slap & never even whimpered, just got up & wiped himself off & shrugged it off.. He just turned 3 & this otta be just right for him,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #3 - 12/22/12 at 10:01:08

Way to go dude !
Love the way you handled them.   Wink

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 12/22/12 at 10:04:41

My son built one exactly like that for his 3 oldest critters. Cheesy
They play on it all the time, along with the rest of the neighborhood!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 12/22/12 at 10:36:16

He's gonna' be the most popular kid on block... Grin...
I wanna' be his friend... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 12/22/12 at 11:28:32

Yea, when I told the guy " I dont work for Academy. Right now, what youre telling me is "You load & haul that stuff for us & we will pay you $56.00 for your time & labor & hassle" & IF I saw an ad Help Wanted & what you want me to do was the job listed & what youre willing to "Give" me for all that trouble, I would Not take that job & Im Not hiring out to you to do all this. While I bought this & got it home & by NOW, could have been near done building the $400.00 unit I Was gonna buy before I was offered this Great Deal on a closeout, which is now sold, Ive Lost an opportunity to have something the kid would dig & Gained a Huge Pain & theres no way IM gonna do what you want for a measly 56 dollars off of one I dont even really want.

Thats when I "Offered" to load it with the backhoe,,
&,, at no time did I ever raise my voice or come across as angry.

Anger comes from a position of weakness, a feeling of NOt being in control & being put into a Victim position. By staying above the situation & always seeing it as a Judge, looking at the events & simply reporting the places where they failed & by not allowing anyone to not satisfy your REasonable & Fair demands w/o giving you a contact higher up, youll always win IF its a company that lives & dies on Public Opinion & their trust...

If you have a problem w/ Monsanto,,, tuff crappolaz dude/

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 12/22/12 at 12:27:21

Your grand kid(s) are going to love it.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #8 - 12/22/12 at 14:36:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/22/12 at 09:55:50:
NO, No, NOOOooo, Rowboat,, not gonna happen on this one, Im using the box to sort parts into & as cover to keep leaves out thru the nite. Its been rained upon & Ive dragged stuff around on the boxes,, Im Not gonna let the box live,, the boy is gonna play on the swingset!

wow, you have a lot of kids!

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 12/22/12 at 16:17:41

runwyrlph wrote on 12/22/12 at 14:36:53:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/22/12 at 09:55:50:

http://saratogaswingset.com/images/main-image.jpg

wow, you have a lot of kids!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 12/22/12 at 16:17:41

& Considering coloration & age ,, Ive been gettin around!

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #11 - 12/22/12 at 19:08:15

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/22/12 at 16:17:41:
& Considering coloration & age ,, Ive been gettin around!

yep! Not to shabby fer an "old fart" Wink

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 12/22/12 at 19:31:46

Yep,, I be 58 tomorrow..

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #13 - 12/23/12 at 03:31:19

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/22/12 at 19:31:46:
Yep,, I be 58 tomorrow..

You may need some extra supplements to keep up with all those kids !!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 12/23/12 at 16:31:54

Naaah, youd be surprised what a short rope & 20 pounds does to their speed..

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:36:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › My Christmas story

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.