Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Bike wont start (Read 101 times)
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Bike wont start
12/20/12 at 08:00:11

Well, I've got no idea. And I'm quite limited on funds and tools at my apartment. If I could ride it to my fathers garage I'd have a few more options. I try to turn the bike on, it tries to turn over, the lights flicker, and then it clicks rapidly. It wouldn't start the other night. But I've managed to get it started a couple times and ride it around the block. Once it started after banging on the starter. Battery? Starter relay? Spark plug?

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Re: Bike wont start
Reply #1 - 12/20/12 at 08:04:06

Spark plug? What would that have to do with the engine not turning over? Oi.

IP Logged
ezornes239

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 12/20/12 at 08:10:18

I dunno man. But how about some help instead?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #3 - 12/20/12 at 08:13:26

Sounds like your battery is run down and needs to be charged....or that your battery is old and needs to be replaced.

The charging system on the Savage is not very strong, and even short trips and frequent starts can run the battery down as you have not run the engine long enough to allow the alternator to replace what you used up in the starting process.

Charge the battery..........then see what happens.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
newriverjunkie

Courage is endurance
for one moment more…

Goose Creek, SC
Reply #4 - 12/20/12 at 09:02:12

Mine did that when it got real cold out.  The battery still had enough juice to run but would not turn over.  I push started the bike for a couple days until I got tired of that and just went and replaced the battery.

I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you f*%# with me, I'll kill you all.

Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders
  IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #5 - 12/20/12 at 09:28:19

I agree with Dave and newriver,it's the battery. Mine has been doing the same thing lately. It's a combination of winter weather,less frequent rides and possibly an older battery that's ready to be replaced.

Try charging the battery for half an hour and I'll bet a cup of coffee(not that pricey Starbucks though  Grin ) your scooter fires right up.

Forgot to add use a low amperage trickle charger. Mine is 2 amps and works fine.

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 12/20/12 at 17:12:08

Mite take more than 1/2 hr, but ZAR is ( IMO) headed the rite way. Get a full charge on it, if you havent checked the water & its the kind ya can, pull it & do that. Short rides, less frequent rides, cold, all enemies of a healthy battery. These things are very touchy about their battery being at or near full charge to start.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 06:18:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Bike wont start

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.