Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A GREAT simple idea..... (Read 167 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
A GREAT simple idea.....
12/16/12 at 13:56:48

A while back I asked about a fuel gauge for the lack of a trip odometer....
Folk chimed in with some GREAT ideas/advice. I really like the after market add on that also has turn indicators, as I can't count the times I leave them flashing, ARG. Something to see (as I wear hearing aids which I remove when riding) more up in my forward site line I will add someday, for I feel its a important safety issue. But back to the gas thingy....since buying and latching on one of those cheap luggage combo locks as suggested here, and looking at the last recorded numbers from the last fill up, as I mount to ride anew, I haven't even had to flip it to reserve, much less run out again  Cheesy

A great tip from a great and helpful resource (site).....THANKS!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
strang

london
Re: A GREAT simple idea.....
Reply #1 - 12/17/12 at 03:03:47

Yep you reminded me to get this sorted. Smart and simple. Describes the Savage in general Smiley

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 12/17/12 at 17:43:01

The simplest, easiest to do, most effective and cheapest is a grease pencil. Just write the mileage +100 on your mirror when you fill up in 3/4" high letters. Every time you get on the bike, and periodically as you drive compare the mileage on the odo to the mileage on the mirror. When they start to get close to each other look for a gas station. I tried the luggage lock thing and found it difficult to read while riding.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Cavie

My wife made me do
it

Port charlotte Fl
Reply #3 - 12/17/12 at 18:56:02

strang wrote on 12/17/12 at 03:03:47:
Yep you reminded me to get this sorted. Smart and simple. Describes the Savage in general Smiley

I added LED strip lights for the turn signals to the windshield of my VOL for line of sight.  I installed a beeper to the on the speedo when wearing a 1/2 helmet. Hearing aids also. Now I wear a full face and can't hear the beeper.

'05 Boulavard S40
'03 Volusia Intruder
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 21:30:47

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › A GREAT simple idea.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.