Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Was thinking about buying this VZ800.. (Read 134 times)
23Skidoo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Was thinking about buying this VZ800..
12/14/12 at 11:43:21

Any thoughts?

I had my heart set on a Triumph but they cost a fortune over here.. I need a bigger bike for the Summer and keep the LS as my daily hack around town... I love my little savage and couldn't get rid of her..

I'm not so bothered about the Highway Hawk tat that's been added.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110989151482&ssPageName=...

Any input about a VZ would be handy if anyone has any.. I'm having a look on Sunday..

Ta..

Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Was thinking about buying this VZ800..
Reply #1 - 12/14/12 at 14:40:50

Much the same as a C50,.. but in a streetfighter trim... known in the US more as the Marauder or M50...
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1354832929

I rode one for a few good rides,... very nice... feels much lighter a C50... and a little peppier...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
23Skidoo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Reply #2 - 12/14/12 at 16:16:36

Ta Bud

I guess asking what's a good bike for me is like asking how much sugar you like in ya rosey lee..... It's down personal taste and choice..

7K on the clock sounds pretty sound though.. I'll have a look, believe it or not at 44 this year I don't hold a car licence so have to consider my wife riding pillion on those Kent trips to the seaside..  Wink

WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #3 - 12/14/12 at 22:13:13

My farm hand is 60 and rides a VN1500 Drifter everyday. Rain, sun, snow... I offered to rebuild one of my spare trucks for him but he doesn't drive unless he absolutely has to.

Marauder is an alright bike. It's a detuned 800 Intruder engine, you might want to take a peek at www.intruderalert.com and see what they say about them. Click on the Cafe tab, then the M50 line.

My wife has an 800 Intruder, she loves it, but she doesn't work on it. If you turn your own spanners, the Marauder/M50 is much more user friendly than the Intruder.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
wambr
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Russia, Samara
Reply #4 - 12/15/12 at 11:11:06

don't know, as someone...
this summer I tried to ride on the Intruder 750 and on Marauder 800 . Marauder 800 I liked to sit on it with my growth 183см was convenient.. and Intruder 750 I liked the more "evil" character. but I sit on it was not quite convenient. even closer than the savage...

Yeah, it's not bigtwin, but it is the best half of it
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #5 - 12/16/12 at 03:46:06

www.scootworks.com makes a belt-drive conversion kit for the VZ800 Marauder.

Nice Bike BTW!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #6 - 12/17/12 at 19:25:03

I own 4 of them.  (One is just parts)  One is set up for tandem, and one is being built as a dream. Smiley  The last one was just a good price.

They are very good bikes.  Nice power, and very light for the size.  Easy to improve a bit as well, as the stock intake is VERY restrictive.  Lot of people in the forum, and lots of parts.

Things to look for...
Low oil will kill the front rod big end.  Two of my bikes needed new motors when I bought them...
Low idle will kill the cams. (But as a Savage owner, you know this)
If the chain lets go, it will bunch up over the front sprocket and punch through the case.  Do not ride with a marginal chain.

That is about it.

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #7 - 12/17/12 at 19:26:59

Oh... And avoid the scooterworks belt drive.  It is geared too high, and belts can go "out of stock" for the better part of a year. (It is a custom belt)

On the MIG forum, there are a lot of guys that will sell you pulleys from that kit...  Sad

IP Logged
HoustonBussa
YaBB Newbies

If it ain't fun I
ain't doing it
-SYCKK Life

SW Houston
Reply #8 - 01/11/13 at 05:10:55

My wife won't get rid of her's... And every time I think I REALLY want her on something larger, he (Leo) surprises me and I end up liking him even more. lol.. Low maint. and over all fun!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:21:46

General CategoryThe Cafe › Was thinking about buying this VZ800..

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.