Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Re: Done with this
Reply #15 - 12/14/12 at 13:21:58

You are an asset to this board.Or is that ASSet.Just kidding.If you remember back,me and Greg were getting bitched at for telling people to buy a manual first thing.And we were be a**holes.BUT what better place to look for how to .....whatever,then come ask and we all helped.I remember being a newbie here.I read alot then ask questions.That's why awhile back when you told hexnut about his questions,I explained to him that key words make it easier to find stuff.But then again there have been a couple idiots on here.Moral isCheesyon't let a couple bad apples ruin it for the rest.There has been alot of knowledge leave here already.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
23Skidoo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Reply #16 - 12/14/12 at 15:47:32

Serowbot wrote on 12/12/12 at 22:32:09:
JOG,.. if you ever leave...
I'll lose my partner in crime... Huh...
It'll be Jerry without Dean,.. or Dean without Jerry?...  Huh...
Then,... only the French will like me?... or is that you?... Undecided...
OMG!,.. if I'm Dean,... only drunks will like me...
... (oh yeah,.. that's probably true now)... Huh...

Or Worse only Drunk Limeys will like Serow... We Don't do French over here since the Napolean incident.....

Seriously I clock on several times a week since joining here... I've asked some dumb questions but have had some good advice and that's helped me help myself..

I've tried to read between the lines and even looked at your old threads mate and my advice as a Mod and Admin on other forums would be to take a breather and come back when you're ready..

It's the people that make the Forum mate..  But from experience I know the Forum can take over the Person..

Take it easy Mucker and don't drift too far away...

AJ

raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #17 - 12/14/12 at 15:54:22

First off, cowards are not those who refuse to see the truth, no, but quitters.....are.
And to your theorist of rich manipulations, I question if you really have a grasp of what motivates mankind. To think those folk could ever muster a shared consenus to the point it appears you believe would require of them a characteristic they have not....

Oh I do believe the end, as we know it presently, will end, for it has already been foretold. We can't change that, but we can offer hope of another world.

Solomon nails it pretty good, man and life, and what it all means....many artist have used his observations to write prose and music. It might help you put yourself into perspective, I dunno....

Good luck on your journey.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Uno-Lung
YaBB Newbies

all great things are
simple

Kalamazoo
Reply #18 - 12/14/12 at 17:16:46

And to your theorist of rich manipulations, I question if you really have a grasp of what motivates mankind. To think those folk could ever muster a shared consenus to the point it appears you believe would require of them a characteristic they have not.... [/raydawg]

Money motivates mankind even the elites, and musters them to be on the same evil page.  IMHO, Jog is the one with the Kung foo grip on reality and you, raydawg, have been manipulated and brainwashed by the mass media that forms the sheeple concensus that the elite would never try to pull the wool over the unwashed masses eyes.

two words:  power and money

"You can't change the world but at least you can try and put a dent in it!" Smootchy
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 12/14/12 at 17:53:31

Uno-Lung wrote on 12/14/12 at 17:16:46:
And to your theorist of rich manipulations, I question if you really have a grasp of what motivates mankind. To think those folk could ever muster a shared consenus to the point it appears you believe would require of them a characteristic they have not.... [/raydawg]

Money motivates mankind even the elites, and musters them to be on the same evil page.  IMHO, Jog is the one with the Kung foo grip on reality and you, raydawg, have been manipulated and brainwashed by the mass media that forms the sheeple concensus that the elite would never try to pull the wool over the unwashed masses eyes.

two words:  power and money

I never said it wasn't........
What I eluded to was the very fact that these power/rich hungry people could never share that power for very long as they want it for themself....
It is wonderful motivation for turf wars, eh?

But, I'll take you compliment as having a clean mind anyway.......  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #20 - 12/14/12 at 22:07:26

"id love to change the world but i dont know what to do so ill leave it up to you" A. Lee

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 12/14/12 at 22:10:27

Thats alluded..
not eluded.

no wonder youre so confused, Ray

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #22 - 12/14/12 at 22:43:44

Naw, man. I have tried to dump my crap on you and Serowbot equally for a couple of years. Serowbot can't handle it all. There are some real assholes and haters on here, but I'm just grateful I don't have that attitude and wonder what kind of life they have. The forum has changed a lot in the last year with more book smarts than experience and common sense. I don't always agree with your thoughts, but I would trust you to work on my bike and use my tools. I have learned that your motives are good. If you don't think I consider your thoughts--you are wrong. Please stay. I am concerned for you, and we need your special brand of wit and humor. And you have never offended me. I value your friendship. Sincerely, Barry (Boofer)    

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #23 - 12/14/12 at 22:58:15

JOG, tomorrow and next week/month are other days, I think your skills would be missed internationally.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Reply #24 - 12/15/12 at 03:51:51

Serowbot wrote on 12/14/12 at 12:00:15:
Jog,.. what you believe, is what you believe... but, I don't see what quitting here will change...
What are you going to do instead?.. Worry more?..
Leaving does nothing more than let go of some friends and good laughs...
The worse the world gets,.. the more friends and laughs you need...

Take a break if you need to,.. but don't burn yer' bridges...
We're here...  and we're here for more than just fixin' petcocks...
We're here to have a break from out there...

Peace,
Serow

Could not have said it any better my friend!

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #25 - 12/15/12 at 04:38:07

JOG I truely hope you will consider taking a break from the forums instead of cutting the rope.  Not only because you are a wealth of knowledge who has helped numerous self wrenchers, but you have also been someone to break tensions, settle the dust and get posts moving in productive directions again.

You are an asset, mentor and consort and would be dearly missed by the vast majority of active members..........

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #26 - 12/15/12 at 04:44:12

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/14/12 at 22:10:27:
Thats alluded..
not eluded.

no wonder youre so confused, Ray

I stand corrected, thanks....and yes I'm confused, but ain't knowing that half the battle? And b'sides, who says we have to know it all JOG? Nah, I'll just look for joy, and pay no heed to the discord, as that merry go round seems to only go in circles....

Ifyou stay around here awesome, if not, be well were you spend your time, and yes, please correct my grammer, punctation, speling, for its the only wayz I lern.....   Cheesy

IP Logged
kimchris1
Serious Thumper

Pink Posse Rider...

Belfair, Washington
Reply #27 - 12/15/12 at 08:02:37

Jog, I do hope you change your mind. I for one have read the majority of your posts. I have never been offended by anything that you have written.
You have alot of great knowledge on this bike as well as other topics.
If you do actually decide to leave, I hope it is for just a short period of time.
Afterall, you have to come back and view the pic of myself in my new chaps.. Wink
Take care my friend,, Kiss Kiss kim

IP Logged
Boule’tard
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Master of the
Obvious

Austin TX
Reply #28 - 12/15/12 at 09:45:09

Man, if you want to go, just go.  No need to post up a "hey everyone, watch me leave" thread, which has the effect of forcing a bunch of "NO!! your contributions are so valuable" type responses, and then if you don't actually quit posting here, makes you look like a foolish drama queen. Just go and let the chips fall where they may.

That is not to say I'd want you gone.. Even if I don't respond to one of your threads, I totally enjoy your friendly nature, folksy tone.. and not many of us share the same libertarian stripes.  

But you have to remember what these forums are for.  They are for sharing motorbike information, and maybe a bit of LIGHT HEARTED entertainment here and there, that's it.  They are not meant to be a platform to convert others to any particular way of thinking.  To make it all about getting people to buy into this or that conspiracy theory, and then getting frustrated at your lack of progress to that end, then throwing the baby out with THAT bathwater.. well that's foolish IMO. Keeping the forum's original purpose in mind would, I think, help you maintain a healthier attitude toward it.

I am reminded of a general bit of advice on moderation, which I'll paraphrase: If you want to post a lot, post a little.  Then by not burning out, you'll be around long enough to post a lot.

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. - P.C. Hodgell
  IP Logged
23Skidoo

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

UK
Reply #29 - 12/15/12 at 18:40:23

I've spent more time modding massive forums to the point I've had to take a step back from the pressure it put on me and my family... Seriously it's a 24/7 hard job... I Liked Boule’tard's post cos he obviously knows...

My advice is take a break...  We all need one from time to time...

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:41:48

General CategoryThe Cafe › Done with this

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.