Kerosene as bike wash (Read 299 times)
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Hole in block?
Reply #15 - 12/18/12 at 06:14:19

Gyrobob wrote on 12/17/12 at 06:31:59:
It came from the environment.  Then was modified into something harmful to the environment.  It did not come out of the ground as kerosene.

Your point would be??

It came from the Earth, it'll go back into the Earth.

--Steve

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Hole in block?
Reply #16 - 12/18/12 at 06:57:53

Paraquat wrote on 12/18/12 at 06:14:19:
Gyrobob wrote on 12/17/12 at 06:31:59:
It came from the environment.  Then was modified into something harmful to the environment.  It did not come out of the ground as kerosene.

Your point would be??

It came from the Earth, it'll go back into the Earth.

--Steve

Most petrochemicals are distilled at various temperatures.  So no, it was not created, just separated from a mixture.

WWW   IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: Kerosene as bike wash
Reply #17 - 12/18/12 at 12:37:28

I was watching "The Men Who Mde America" on PBS. It seems Kerosene was all the rage, and I never thought about not having light after dark except with whale oil. I think it was Rockefeller who made the purest Kero with the same standards each time. Hence the name "Standard Oil". He had many ups and downs and kerosene was giving way to electric lights. That's when they turned to a by product of making Kero that they had been pouring out or burning--Gasoline.  Grin  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
braveteacher

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 12/20/12 at 15:33:50

Count me in...next time I go to wal-mart I will be purchasing some Kerosene...my world my motorcycle...thanks for the tip.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 12/20/12 at 17:15:11

Kerosene/ diesel,, kerosene,,  about 8 a gallon, diesel, around 3.. Ive used diesel mixed with water/detergent scrubbing drilling rigs, works great.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #20 - 12/20/12 at 17:21:27

First of all, I will say AGAIN I have never washed my bike with Kerosene. I use it on my cars and trucks.

And while my wife works for Wal Mart I do not advise anyone to pay $8.00 for a quart of Kero. Here in the South people use Kerosene to heat shops and barns with free standing heaters, so Kerosene is found at many service stations for much less than $8.00 per gallon. However if you have to buy a seperate can for your Kerosene and only use a little each year it may be more cost effective for you to buy there.  Smiley

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #21 - 12/20/12 at 18:55:06

well,, OOOOkay,, dont get all burned up over it..try to not get engulfed in anger, lets not get inFlamed, here, nothin to get all fired up over,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #22 - 12/21/12 at 17:11:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/20/12 at 18:55:06:
well,, OOOOkay,, dont get all burned up over it..try to not get engulfed in anger, lets not get inFlamed, here, nothin to get all fired up over,

Oooooo...   Burned him....  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 04:12:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Kerosene as bike wash

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.