Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Doug B's thread on backfiring (Read 55 times)
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Doug B's thread on backfiring
12/01/12 at 11:51:22

I had only had my bike for a few days(brand new-and 100% stock) this past August. After a graveyard shift(sleep deprived), I went for a 20-25 minute ride. My mind was not mentally sharp(not to suggest that it ever is). I remember thinking - wow, this is the best it has ever ran(not even backfiring). After the ride I noticed that I had left the choke one step out. My first thought was that I might have done some harm - my second thought was that I need to do something to stop the lean carb situation. I found this site and the much-needed info within. Thanks to all of you who help those of us in need.     Smiley

OF  --- Doug, try not to jump in and hijack somebody else's help thread -- Dennis owned this one originally.  

I know, it gets so confusing sometimes, so conversely we made you a thread just for you so you can talk about your bike without confusing everybody.   Wink

« Last Edit: 12/01/12 at 14:53:56 by Oldfeller--FSO »  
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Re: Riding with Choke Out
Reply #1 - 12/01/12 at 13:05:35

Did you do any carb mods ?

Did it eliminate the backfire ?

I richened up the low/medium throttle range, but it didn't change backfire one bit, not that I was concerned about it.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 08:24:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Doug B's thread on backfiring

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.