Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Observations and questions (Read 359 times)
gone fishing

Observations and questions
12/01/12 at 11:50:27

gone fishing

« Last Edit: 02/26/13 at 16:29:39 by gone fishing »  

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Observations and questions
Reply #1 - 12/01/12 at 12:06:57

gone fishing wrote on 12/01/12 at 11:50:27:
How accurate is the speedometer, I haven't checked it yet. I was riding in town for a while and it gets pretty hot. Much hotter than my scooter. If you touch the clutch cover it will burn you. Is that about right?

speedo is a little faster than you're usually.

oil flows thru the clutch cover so 150° F and above is normal.

WWW   IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #2 - 12/01/12 at 12:08:21

hexnut - I went 30 years without a bike, and had forgotten how much fun it was, too. On 8-21-12  I bought a brand new 2011 S40. Now I'm in Hog Heaven(or at least Suzuki Heaven). Temp seems normal on mine. Handling is great(its so light   352lbs dry). The speedometer reading is fast. Showing 40mph - is actually 37mph on mine. I would complain, but at $3,999   I feel great !    Smiley

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 12/01/12 at 15:58:52

Hexnut,  I highlighted all the various questions you posed in your first post.

Please try in the future to limit yourself to one (1) question per thread and try to only have one (1) open active thread in RSD at a time.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1354385243

Also, please title your threads clearly to match your question.   This helps our search engine find information better later on.

Oldfeller

See, I was kinder and gentler, kinder and gentler -- I didn't actually shoot him, I just showed him the shotgun.   I reworded it, see if this version reads any better to you.

« Last Edit: 12/02/12 at 18:47:58 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
gone fishing

Reply #4 - 12/04/12 at 12:26:21

gone fishing

« Last Edit: 02/26/13 at 16:28:51 by gone fishing »  

IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #5 - 12/04/12 at 13:17:02

hexnut
I think there is a miss communication here.Oldfeller wasn't yelling at you.He is trying to make it so the next guy that has the same questions you have can be answered by doing a search with key words.
I've been on this site for about 6 years now.And have seen alot of changes...usually for the better.Don't give up on us yet.

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #6 - 12/04/12 at 13:57:21

don't get offended hex!
Take Oldfeller at face value here; I don't think there was any implied scorn from O.F.

this is a friendly and fun forum!  
check out some of serowbot's posts - he tries to make us think the back of his bike is the front! -  what's up with that?!?!!  Grin
  Smiley

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #7 - 12/04/12 at 14:47:44

gone fishing wrote on 12/04/12 at 12:26:21:
Please disregard the questions in my post. And don't worry about me violating any more rules as I have no need to post in this section again.

Forgive me for mistaking this as a friendly and fun forum for enthusiast who owned Suzuki Savage/S40 motorcycles to share experiences and knowledge about their bikes. Shocked

I apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused any one. Sad

hexnut.

My my,.. we do get our feelings hurt needlessly, eh?

If you read what OF posted literally, instead of trying to find something nasty in it, it reads quite normally:

Please try in the future to limit yourself to one (1) question per thread and try to only have one (1) open active thread in RSD at a time. this is a very reasonable request, worded respectfully and, especially for OF, quite mildly.

Also, please title your threads clearly to match your question.   This helps our search engine find information better later on.  This touches on one of my pet peeves!!
-- Each of us owes it to all the others of us to carefully word the titles of threads as decriptively as possible.  
-- Some of us here don't have near enough time to open up every stinkin' thread to see what is in it.  
-- A descriptive and accurate title will not only save time for the masses, it will get much better responses to your issue.  
-- Folks naturally tend to skip over titles like "a problem" or "how to fix this" or "a question."
-- Wouldn't you be much more inclined to click on a thread with titles like these?:
   --- How do I reduce the blister size on my GF's behind after a 4 hr ride?
   --- My cylinder head blew off.  How do I fix the leak in the tank?
   --- My bike slows down when I step on the right pedal.
   --- Where do I put the gas?
   --- The trailer hitch won't fit
   --- My friends make fun of me for only having one piston

It is really easy to assume some sort of tone in cybercommunications.  Don't do that.  When you see something you are about to interpret as nasty, pretend you are having a beer with that guy, and he is saying whatever is saying with a twinkle in his eye. Wink

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
gone fishing

Reply #8 - 12/04/12 at 14:57:09

gone fishing

« Last Edit: 02/26/13 at 16:28:02 by gone fishing »  

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 12/04/12 at 15:51:43

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/01/12 at 15:58:52:

Hexnut,  I highlighted all the various questions you posed in your first post.

Please try in the future to limit yourself to one (1) question per thread and try to only have one (1) open active thread in RSD at a time.

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1354385243

Also, please title your threads clearly to match your question.   This helps our search engine find information better later on.

Oldfeller

See, I was kinder and gentler, kinder and gentler -- I didn't actually shoot him, I just showed him the shotgun.   I reworded it, see if this version reads any better to you.

I would have liked to have seen your original reply so I could make a judgement on it's appropriateness.
Also many many times I have seen multiple questions posted in a single thread. I can see no harm in it as long as the questions don't require a diagnosis, just basic information.
Even your "watered down" post seems a little heavy handed to me.
I'm sorry, I have to side with Hexnut on this one.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 12/04/12 at 16:20:03

arteacher wrote on 12/04/12 at 15:51:43:
I'm sorry, I have to side with Hexnut on this one.

I agree,.. we Mods need to work to make this place more friendly, and more helpful,...

Serow  Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #11 - 12/04/12 at 16:36:47

I’m with OF on this one.  None of his comments in this thread were at all nasty.  They simply addressed the subject(s) directly, which is the way it is supposed to be.

I also firmly support the idea that each thread should have but one subject.  When an original post is submitted to start a thread, it should deal with only one subject, and the title should be descriptive, accurate, and clear.  If this is not the case, a moderator should help the submitter tidy things up, or, if necessary, tidy them up.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
gone fishing

Reply #12 - 12/04/12 at 16:48:22

gone fishing

« Last Edit: 02/26/13 at 16:27:23 by gone fishing »  

IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #13 - 12/04/12 at 17:09:02

hexnut - consider taking a break and staying with us - it's a great forum to learn and have fun with     I don't think Oldfeller was trying to be malicious   it's just his interpretation of the way things should be    in fact, a few days ago I responded to a post about "riding with the choke out"  because it reminded me of the time I did      Oldfeller stated that I was confused and hijacked this other guy's post   I didn't think either was the case - but I respected his opinion and his status as an elder(moderator)    and will try to adapt to the suggested methods   take a look at your post   it's you and me(1-star newbies) and a bunch of 5-star Generals  who have been around a long while  step back for a while and hang in there - it's a good site with a bunch of good people - including OF

IP Logged
paulmarshall
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Carterton,New Zealand
Reply #14 - 12/04/12 at 17:37:54

gone fishing wrote on 12/01/12 at 11:50:27:
Please disregard these questions as they are no longer relevant.

Been out riding my 2011 S40 I got yesterday. I had forgotten how much fun a motorcycle is. I have been riding a water cooled 250 scooter for the last two years.

How accurate is the speedometer, I haven't checked it yet. I was riding in town for a while and it gets pretty hot. Much hotter than my scooter. If you touch the clutch cover it will burn you. Is that about right,

The mirrors vibrate a lot at any thing over moderate RPM.. I guess the Harleys I used to ride did too.

I had no backfiring or popping. Just the usual noises a big single will make.

I am going out now to mount the saddle bags.

Oh yeah did I mention how much fun it is to ride. The bike handles great and is very stable. I think I am going to like it a lot.

hexnut

Hi Hexnut, My Savage gets really hot too. Great in the winter Grin
I have bar end mounted mirrors and dont notice any vibration.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/24/24 at 00:17:05

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Observations and questions

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.