Send Topic Print
Some jokes (Read 212 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Some jokes
11/30/12 at 09:15:09

Some jokes just arent that funny.. IDK WHY I thot that joke I posted was funny when I heard it. Its not my usual style to laugh at mean & hurtful things, I cant even watch Americas Funniest, cuz people gettin hurt just isnt funny.

Id certainly like to apologize to the ladies who are nice enough to visit us here & I ask any who I offended to PM me & Ill apologize to each & every one individually.

I would really feel bad if I did something that helped someone decide to not participate here any more,

Sincerely
                                                Nolan

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Some jokes
Reply #1 - 11/30/12 at 09:31:25

First class,.. JOG...

Love and respect to all our lady members... Wink...
Peace,
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 11/30/12 at 09:51:33

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/30/12 at 09:15:09:
IDK WHY I thot that joke I posted was funny when I heard it.

I know why, humor is part surprize.

I thought they were funny for the same reason, the answer was not what I was anticipating.  But a friend of mine is fond of saying "there's a little truth in every joke"  be mindful for those the truth applies.

WWW   IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #3 - 11/30/12 at 12:13:23

There are different categories of humor, and one is when it's at another's expense (I don't remember the psychological name for it tho?).   It's the kind of humor that, while you wouldn't like it happening to you, it's funny when an event happens to someone else.   I am a fan of old Laurel and Hardy comedy, most of which falls into that category.   For instance, when Hardy bows to a lady at party and you hear his pants rip in the back, the look on his face is hilarious (tho I'm glad it's him instead of me).   It may not be for everyone, but for me this type of humor just strikes me as funny.   Frankly in many ways I think our society is becoming too "politically correct", and unable to see humor in things anymore.

I was raised old school; i.e., you treated women politely and with respect.   After "women's lib" everything changed, and women seemed to take offense to some of the traditional things we did for them.  I remember taking a gal on a date once, and when I opened the car door for her, she told me she could open her own door!!!   I think it left men in an awkward position, kinda like some jokes do today.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 11/30/12 at 15:35:00

Well referring to women as gals can get you into hot water too ya know.
Kinda on the same subject, sorta, but I read a book years ago called the 4 agreements. One of those agreements, which we make with ourselves is to not take anything personally, it has been a very good adjustment to my thinking and (re)acting to things.
I'll spare you the "why we do it, and all (take things personally)  but if you're so inclined to gain back some energy wasted on things that drain it, you might want to read it.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/30/12 at 21:05:45

HA! Why The VERy EYE Dea I needta REad a BOOK in order to understand myself Offends ME Horribly,,

Haarrrrumph!

You mean like that?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #6 - 12/01/12 at 11:29:24

raydawg wrote on 11/30/12 at 15:35:00:
Kinda on the same subject, sorta, but I read a book years ago called the 4 agreements. One of those agreements, which we make with ourselves is to not take anything personally, it has been a very good adjustment to my thinking and (re)acting to things.
I'll spare you the "why we do it, and all (take things personally)  but if you're so inclined to gain back some energy wasted on things that drain it, you might want to read it.....

I hear everything you're saying Dawg, but the "gals" thing is a good example of the confusion.   I know many "gals" who use the term too!

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 12/01/12 at 20:53:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/30/12 at 21:05:45:
HA! Why The VERy EYE Dea I needta REad a BOOK in order to understand myself Offends ME Horribly,,

Haarrrrumph!

You mean like that?

cLose eNuFF......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 12/01/12 at 20:58:15

360k+ wrote on 12/01/12 at 11:29:24:
raydawg wrote on 11/30/12 at 15:35:00:

I hear everything you're saying Dawg, but the "gals" thing is a good example of the confusion.   I know many "gals" who use the term too!

Well just to be perfectly clear ya know, and not trying to be a sexist, or such, but I know many dudes who use the term too, too, conversely, anyway.  Cool

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 12/01/12 at 21:59:14

Yea, well,, I know some black guys who use the N word, too,, but that dont mean it wont get a guy like me in a bit of a bind,,

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #10 - 12/02/12 at 08:00:55

One of the reasons we laugh at jokes is... "danger".

We laugh at "danger defeated", or "pain defeated" every time we tell a joke.

Ever laughed at those funnies when a guy falls from the ladder and the paint bucket flips onto his head? Are we laughing at the paint dripping, or at the the fall itself?
Believe it or not, we'd laugh at the fall even without the pain bucket, because we relieve ourselves of the fear the man could get hurt, and are happy he didn't.

For that same reason, Wiley Coyote will plummet for miles into deep deep canyons, and regain his composure walking like a bellows, with accordion sound and all...

For that same reason, again, we film our toddler son/daughter run his/her little bicycle into the hedge, only to laugh our heads off when they emerge, disheveled but reasonably unhurt.

So... what's that joke about red lipstick and a brick? We laugh because we KNOW it doesn't apply to us, and we laugh at the danger avoided by our companions...

Else... why would Scooby-Doo and Johnnie Quest run after Mummies ? (or be chased by them)

Cool

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #11 - 12/02/12 at 16:30:45

...meh, No harm done JOG. I know that you are a gentleman and we all respect that.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 12/03/12 at 06:12:51

I really thought your name was Justin.

--Steve

IP Logged
mpescatori
Serious Thumper

Romanum Thumperium
Cavalco, yeaaah !!!

Rome, Italy
Reply #13 - 12/03/12 at 10:58:17

Paraquat wrote on 12/03/12 at 06:12:51:
I really thought your name was Justin.

--Steve

Actually, no, his name is Justine and has  32-29-44  vital statistics, and is 4'4"" tall... and size 11 feet...

Lips Sealed
Grin Grin Grin

OK, JOG, now it's your turn to make fun of me...

Maurizio Pescatori, Esq.
Gentleman Rider

Mikuni BST40, K&N filter, Stage2 cam, Verslagen tensioner, Sportster muff, 120 proof moonshine, Pirelli MT 66 tourers... and a chain conversion too !
mpescatori   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 12/04/12 at 22:18:08

Wish I could. YOu have never done anything I could pick on.,

OHHH, But IM watchin ya,, & BOY If you Ever stumble,, Im gonna be Right There,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 04:30:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Some jokes

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.