Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sometimes you can just tell... (Read 250 times)
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Sometimes you can just tell...
Reply #15 - 12/01/12 at 20:36:31

360k+ wrote on 11/30/12 at 19:28:20:
ColoS40Girl wrote on 11/30/12 at 19:10:31:
Okay you guy!  Sad Have any of you ever rode a Harley? If you have you would not be making these disparaging comments. I have to say I prefer my Harley over the S40. The power is amazing and the ride smooth. I am proud to be a Harley owner. And, the bike is not wrenched like you are implying At least I have not been left on the side of the road like I was on my 2012 S40. Just say'n

Now, don't flame me for my honest and knowledgeable remarks.

I agree 100%.   In the old days Harley got a bad rap for being unreliable oil leakers (actually the old Brits were just as bad).   After the employees bought the company and redesigned the bikes (the Evo's), the bikes were reliable and well engineered.   I put 70k on an UltraGlide, and another 30k on a 1200 Sporty without any failures or breakdowns.  In fact, I remember giving several rides to folks who's Japanese bikes did breakdown.

ColoGirl as a matter of fact I rode HDs for years,and I will state without a doubt that I much prefer my Savage or most any Brit bike over the overpriced,over-rated bikes from HD.  HD may make a passable product now but The ones I've ridden in the last few years leave me cold. They have no heart or soul to them,much like driving a four-door sedan.

For those that like it,that's fine....for me,I'll stick with the thumpers and Limey twins Wink

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 12/02/12 at 02:26:07

Harley's used to be motorcycles,.. and, although there are still some motorcyclists that ride them,... they have become butt jewellery for yuppie snobs... weekend warriors, wearing all the HD gear and skull bandana, and riding to the Starbucks to discuss the latest loud pipes and chrome doo-das to dangle from their rear end......
If you go into a Harley dealership nowadays,... it looks like a Vidal Sassoon hair salon...

... and besides that,... I can't afford one... Grin...
What?... me bitter?... Huh...

CGirl... We just be kiddin'...  We're a Savage site... so we joke about butt jewellery and rocket jockeys...
On their site, they joke about putt putt girly bikes like our Savage...
It's all just in fun...
... 'till we let the air out of their tires...
Bwa-ha-ha-ha!... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
ColoS40Girl

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 12/02/12 at 17:58:01

Well, the beauty of living in the USA is we can all freely voice our opinions and still get along.  Today at the Toys for Tots ride I spent as much time looking at metric bikes as I did looking at the Harley's. It was great seeing a Suzuki GS250 sitting amongst the larger bikes. To me, it is not what you ride but rather you do ride.

And, yes I guess I can be called a yuppie weekend warrior on an over priced, mod out bike but it makes me happy and that is all that counts in my book.  For 2013, I found a few work assignments that I can actually ride to in and out of state.  I can't wait and yes I will be on the Harley on all but one trip.  Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 02:32:55

General CategoryThe Cafe › Sometimes you can just tell...

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.