Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
I was once stuck on the highway! (Read 1508 times)
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Re: I'm stuck on the highway.  Reply quick plz
Reply #60 - 11/29/12 at 14:44:42

This thread needs a popcorn smiley...

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #61 - 11/29/12 at 19:48:32

hey guys, sorry i havent replied the last day, the reason is because i left the bike over night because i dont have a truck and had to way to pick it up.  I now have the bike back at my home and will start doing what everyone told me to do.   So ill start on page 4 and work response by reponse

My idol is set a little higher that what it originally was whenever i bought the bike. I set it higher prior to my last attempt at riding home  and it still died off

I dont believe i have a raptor, this looks like just a stock petthingy but i have taken multiple pics

I pulled off the line from the carb and while in the "on" position, i would have been there for 4 years before it filled up a cup, it was drip by drip, and then almost like it stopped.   i then turned it to reserve and the gas flowed very quickly.

The air cleaner/ filter is i believe just like an air filter that gets changed in a car. If so, that was changed the day after i got the bike.  

sorry it took so long to respond and post pics, i didnt have the replys set up to notify my phone so i didnt get back on.

1_001.JPG
  IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #62 - 11/29/12 at 19:48:56

2nd pic
2.JPG  

2.JPG
  IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #63 - 11/29/12 at 19:49:09

3rd pic
3.JPG  

3.JPG
  IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #64 - 11/29/12 at 19:49:24

4th pic
4.JPG  

4.JPG
  IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #65 - 11/29/12 at 19:50:16

5th.     hope this helps.   Thanks all again for taking time to help me.  This was my first bike and i dont wana sell it cause i know the issue is prolly a small one.  But im no mechanic and am just stuck on this one
5.JPG  

5.JPG
  IP Logged
Routy
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Winston Oregon
Reply #66 - 11/29/12 at 20:31:30

Quote:
I pulled off the line from the carb and while in the "on" position, i would have been there for 4 years before it filled up a cup, it was drip by drip, and then almost like it stopped.   i then turned it to reserve and the gas flowed very quickly.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
That would tell me the tank is almost M T !
That would also tell me that if you switched to reserve, it will run good.

Rich
'07 S40 Blvd stocker, except drilled OEM exhaust and white spacer mod...1/2 (.055)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #67 - 11/29/12 at 20:40:08

where are the vent lines?

WWW   IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #68 - 11/29/12 at 20:51:45

The tank has gas about 1/4 left so its not bone dry.    But i can not daily run the bike with the switch on reserve can I??

Im not sure what a vent line is so idk either...

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #69 - 11/29/12 at 20:59:30

rquarantello4232 wrote on 11/29/12 at 19:48:32:
hey guys, sorry i havent replied the last day, the reason is because i left the bike over night because i dont have a truck and had to way to pick it up.  I now have the bike back at my home and will start doing what everyone told me to do.   So ill start on page 4 and work response by reponse

My idol is set a little higher that what it originally was whenever i bought the bike. I set it higher prior to my last attempt at riding home  and it still died off

I dont believe i have a raptor, this looks like just a stock petthingy but i have taken multiple pics

The air cleaner/ filter is i believe just like an air filter that gets changed in a car. If so, that was changed the day after i got the bike.  

sorry it took so long to respond and post pics, i didnt have the replys set up to notify my phone so i didnt get back on.  

That's not a stock petcock. Your bike has had some mods done to it by a previous owner.

If your tank is in fact full then the passage in the petcock when it's in the "on" position is plugged up for some reason. You're going to have to pull it out of the tank and take a look. Pull the gas line off the carb and stick the line into a CLEAN gas can. Just turn the petcock to reserve and let the gas run till it stops.

When the tank is empty remove the two screws that hold the petcock to the tank and slide it out. Be careful not to damage the gasket. When you get that far post some pics of the petcock.

Take a look at the gas you drained out of the tank. Make sure it doesn't have rust or dirt floating around in it.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #70 - 11/29/12 at 21:06:50

Everything I said in my last post was based on the assumption that you had a full tank of gas. You said your trouble started right after you filled up. If you've only got a quarter tank your petcock might be fine.
Fill up the tank and check again. Embarrassed

IP Logged
rquarantello4232

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #71 - 11/29/12 at 21:14:02

Yessir.   Thanks all.  I will do that tomorrow

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #72 - 11/29/12 at 21:14:59

Also,.. since you have a Raptor, that you didn't install...check on the right, (muffler side) of the carb,.. and see if there is a line tap that is capped... It should be capped... It's a vacuum line that is no longer used...
See here... it's where the top arrow is pointing...

PS.. thanks for the horn pic... I'm debating a curly type one like that for mine...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #73 - 11/29/12 at 21:16:20

What were you using to gauge how much fuel was in the tank when you "filled" it up? A little bit of gas splashing off the baffle and into the nozzle will shut the pump right off like the tank was full. I can only assume that's what you did because you sure didn't fill the tank.

Next time when you fill it up, don't stick the nozzle all the way into the tank and don't squeeze the lever all the way. As far as worrying about filling it up too far - you need to learn that one way or another whether you do it by sound, feel, or watching your mileage and the pump gauge.

5 pages for an empty tank. That's priceless.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #74 - 11/29/12 at 21:32:43

Yes... what Cavi said...
The tank is full,... when fuel is just touching that tube in the filler hole, with the bike vertical...
It takes some getting used to,.. to find the right spot...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/29/24 at 01:12:43

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › I was once stuck on the highway!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.