Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Threats
11/26/12 at 23:16:26

Suurrre, there are no racists in America, and God forbid there are any here amoung us...snort.

"President Barack Obama Is the Most Threatened President In History."

Source "Boston Globe" Op-Ed

How does that make you feel?  How does it make Sasha and Malia feel?  How about President Obama's wife, our First Lady?

I know how it makes me feel: wearied and worried; wishing sometimes that he hadn't been re-elected, because he made it safely through four years as our nation's first black President,and none of us want his luck pushed by hate. Read that sentence again; soak in the sorrow of those absent serifs.

From Secret Service Says The Number Of Threats Against The President Is Overwhelming.

President Barack Obama is the target of more than 30 potential death threats a day and is being protected by an increasingly over-stretched Secret Service.

He is the most threatened President in history.

Since the President took office in 2008, the rate of threats against the president has increased 400% cent.

Some threats to the President have been publicized, including the well known alleged plot by white supremacists in Tennessee to rob a gun store,
shoot 88 black people, decapitate another 14 and then assassinate the first black president in American history.

Most however, are kept under wraps because the Secret Service fears that revealing details of them would only increase the number of copycat attempts.

The death of President Obama would be a symbolic blow so crushing that it would rip our nation apart at its existential root.

People would fight; people would leave; an entire generation would be left permanently marred by an illusion that was all too good to be true,
an illusion we rode for four lucky years and we wished we could for four more.
America is a post-racial society in name and desire only.

Attitudes toward racial integration have warmed, but in our homes and communities, we're as segregated as ever; attitudes toward interracial dating have also warmed, but dating patterns remain mostly unchanged,
with only 1% of all American marriages taking place between a black and a white person.

Yet the historic election of President Obama temporarily halted the cloud of racial pessimism that has hovered over our society since the 1600s and followed us through succeeding eras of hard-earned, if altogether underwhelming, progress.

We have 44 African-American Congresspersons (out of 435, or 10%, near-parity), zero black Senators (out of 100), 1 black governor (out of 56), and just 250-500 black mayors (out of 19,000 cities, or 2.6%).

But we do at least have one amazing black President.

The President is not made aware of all threats against him, however, because as the Secret Service says, "the sheer number would be overwhelming and, frankly, distracting."

That's 43,830 death threats for his first four years alone. But he, the most threatened president in history, still gets up each day to fight for us, befall what may.

For those of you who believe in a god, pray for our President, pray for us, that our fears and angst, that my wear and worry, end up being mere markers of the best in us, rather than a prescient affirmation of the worst in us.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Re: Threats
Reply #1 - 11/27/12 at 08:01:59

Abe Lincoln
John F. Kennedy
Ronald Regan
General George Washington

Might all argue that statement.

None-the-less I have no doubt that he, as president has been threatened and not just for his politics but also his race. Which is a SAD SAD testement to the culture of our country.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/27/12 at 09:19:15

Do or do not. There is no try.

--Steve

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 11/27/12 at 09:30:25

I think only a small part of it is actual racism... but, the sad thing is, the Rep's are more than happy to play on it...
The rest is dire, apocalyptic, predictions of doom constantly put out by Fox and the righty radio players....
If anything ever does happen to Obama,... they will be responsible...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/27/12 at 15:58:29

oh F that.... If anything had happened to Bush, would you blame MSNBC???

please.....

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/27/12 at 16:05:38

and another thing...

People like you and Star are the reason why obama knew he could send susan rice out there to lie her tail end off about getting our ambassador killed because if called on it, all he has to do is play the race card. Plus he gets the side benefit of playing the 'picking on a woman' card as well.

i give Hopey credit for knowing how and when to bring his useful idiots into the game.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 11/27/12 at 16:08:39

WebsterMark wrote on 11/27/12 at 15:58:29:

oh F that.... If anything had happened to Bush, would you blame MSNBC???

please.....

Hardly,...
There's a difference between biased reporting... and, absolute lying...
Birtherism, etc,.. is not legitimate, and strictly done to incite fear and hate...
Huge difference...
So, stop with the daft comparisons...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #7 - 11/27/12 at 18:26:41

"If anything had happened to Bush, would you blame MSNBC???"WM
Grin...Don't worry, your Bushie is safe, he's "white" in case you haven't noticed. Roll Eyes

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 11/27/12 at 19:41:38

NOW we talk about threats,, you were pretty quiet while Romney was being threatened.. YOu have some decent ideas, but youre way too biased for me

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/28/12 at 09:46:38

There's a difference between biased reporting... and, absolute lying...
Birtherism, etc,.. is not legitimate, and strictly done to incite fear and hate...
Huge difference...
So, stop with the daft comparisons...

Really? Do you really want to go there?

yea, I agree, stop the daft comparisions. It's not even close to what was done to Bush. Not even close. I'll save you the embarrasment of me posting all the kill bush signs, protest or even an off Broadway play about it. Obama has it easy compared to Bush.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 11/28/12 at 09:52:34

I say theres plenty of reason to doubt Everything about Obamas past, including where he drew his first breath,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #11 - 11/28/12 at 20:35:14

"I say theres plenty of reason to doubt Everything about Obamas past, including where he drew his first breath."

Oh come on JOG, you are so articulate and informed on other issues, please tell me you are not a "birther". Roll Eyes

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 11/28/12 at 21:52:40

YOure correct, I am informed, I have reason for doubting his origin. Look at how he has worked to seal his entire history..

IP Logged
houstonbofh

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Houston, TX
Reply #13 - 11/29/12 at 17:31:52

Starlifter wrote on 11/28/12 at 20:35:14:
Oh come on JOG, you are so articulate and informed on other issues, please tell me you are not a "birther". Roll Eyes

Look...  I have a messy house, but it does not take me 4 years to find a birth certificate...  And there are other reasons to hide it than being born elsewhere...  It is the fact that he hides it at all.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #14 - 11/29/12 at 20:09:32

"It does not take me 4 years to find a birth certificate...  And there are other reasons to hide it than being born elsewhere...  It is the fact that he hides it at all".

Oh for the love of God. You people need to be locked away for good. Do you not see how crazy you've become??? Racism and bigotry will eat your soul, and this is positive proof of that.

When I was younger, conservatism had some principles. They were anti-communist. They were against some of the largess of liberalism, but they had some sanity to them.

Today, the movement has devolved into nothing more than pure racism, homophobia, religious bigotry, and of course, sexism. They no longer have any principles. They no longer have any reason to really exist. Their only mission is to decrease the already low tax burden on the wealthy. They have no answers to any of our problems. None.

Please read, learn, research, educate yourself and become able to participate in adult conversations.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:25:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Threats

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.