Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: Posting
Reply #15 - 11/26/12 at 19:38:02

Dave wrote on 11/26/12 at 10:09:02:
ZAR wrote on 11/25/12 at 20:03:52:
Dale72 wrote on 11/25/12 at 18:34:15:
True... To say the least I know know there are forums with tech. advise and extracts from manuals. I have started to post again. Soon maybe I will check into how to post pics and learn to navigate the site better. Im not a overly computer friendly / confident person ...may be why i was so defensive at first.

Yeah Dale....a lot of us know as much about computers as we do women Shocked Grin

I have problems with the operating systems of both!

Yeah Dave...........but I sure like learning their "software" Wink

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #16 - 11/27/12 at 05:27:16

One of the issues that I have.....and I think many share on this site....is that I get frustrated when a nooby doesn't take any time to look and see if their issue has been posted and discussed at length previously.  When I found this site it was before I bought a Savage, and I spent some time reading old posts to see what makes this bike tick and learned of the strengths and weaknesses.  When I could not find the information I was looking for I would post a question - but not until I tried to find an answer first.

The second thing that is bothersome is when someone posts a question and gets good advice on how to solve it......then ignores it and goes off in another direction.  We can help....but only if you are willing to listen to the voice of experience that the members here can offer.  The combined knowledge of this forum can usually solve most problems.....but you have to accept that there will be work required on your part to get something done.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #17 - 11/27/12 at 21:20:06

YOu were a better newbie than I was,, I found this place & started askin questions,, questions Ive seen OHHHver & OHHHver again,, BUT, I took it on myself to answer those inquisitive newbies. Just as a way to thank the Old Timers for their patience with my inexperience added to my enthusiasm MULtiplied by my Ignorance, ( INexperience was at a value greater than Zero, Enthusiasm was a value also greater than Zero, Ignorance was at a value approaching IN screamin Phinitee,, ) Anyway, I felt like I created quite a Debt of Gratitude, si, Ive been working to pay it back,, Good for you & your approach,,Ya done GOOD, dude!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #18 - 11/27/12 at 21:33:11

Welcome aboard Dale, we are glad to see you here. Cheesy

...but please DO NOT even open the "Tall Table" thread...we fight with knives, chains, and brass knuckles there. Shocked

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Badass94Cad

This space for rent

Mass-->Jerz-->PA!
Reply #19 - 11/28/12 at 08:59:33

Jeez, I feel like this is one of the most LAID BACK, helpful forums I've ever been on, and I've been on a lot!

Sure, guys get to ribbing, or tell you to use SEARCH before asking the same questions that have been covered 1,000 times over, but that's how every forum works.  If you think things are rough here, head over to an HD forum, lowrider forum, or hell, some of the import forums.  Some of those guys can be ruthless behind a keyboard.  Wink

1995 Suzuki Savage - It's a rat, but it's MY rat!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 11/28/12 at 09:40:43

You mite not be as thin skinned as some Chad,, you mite see "ribbing" when someone else sees a Mugging!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 11/28/12 at 09:51:41

I try not to go after noobs... 'till they settle in...  Then, they know where I'm coming from...

I try to poke JOG in the eye, at least once a day...  I just don't feel right all day if I don't...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 11/28/12 at 19:32:08

& that may not sound all that mean to most of you, till you come to realize I only have one,,

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 15:21:21

General CategoryThe Cafe › Posting

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.