Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The brain-wasting disease called consumerism ..... (Read 103 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
The brain-wasting disease called consumerism .....
11/23/12 at 18:22:08

The brain-wasting disease called consumerism ......

http://youtu.be/F5qRs2dBoK0

Other countries must look at the USA and get nauseated.
This is embarrassing to me. What is wrong with people?

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: The brain-wasting disease called consumerism .
Reply #1 - 11/23/12 at 18:52:03

When everything in life is outta control, people want to control Something?

IDK, but Ive been ashamed to be an American for a long time & this is only a very small part of why.,
The thing that makes this most painful for me is that I KNOW these idiots have exactly No Clue as to what is actually happening in America & the world.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #2 - 11/23/12 at 19:17:29

Starlifter wrote on 11/23/12 at 18:22:08:
The brain-wasting disease called consumerism ......

http://youtu.be/F5qRs2dBoK0

Other countries must look at the USA and get nauseated.
This is embarrassing to me. What is wrong with people?

Forget logic or reason, these people have no dignity!  In 3rd world countries this might be forgiven in a grocery putting out newly baked loaves of bread (Russian perestroika).  Hunger is understandable, but saving a few bucks on a plastic cell phone...  an artificial gadget with an artificial need in an artificial world???   It really is like a scene outta some futuristic society where perceived values have undergone a paradigm shift, ala MadMax.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 11/23/12 at 19:24:20

America sits on the brink./

Can you Imagine the turmoil if shipping got interrupted for a week?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 11/23/12 at 21:00:59

Oh man!,... you mean, I missed the big cell phone sale?...   Huh...

PS.. What's with the curtain wipe?... that video is being cropped and panned...

I bought a cellphone 3 years ago... I've made 4 calls....
1-  "Does this thing work?"..
2-  house phone died, and I called the company...
3-  My buddy didn't answer the doorbell...
4-  "Is this thing still working?"......
I've accumulated 900 minutes, and can't think of anyone interesting enough to use them up on...
I'm going to hand it over to my mum,.. she can have one of her long distance gabfests,.. and waste away the minutes...
Then, I'll just keep it on the bike for 911...
Huh...
I wondered when I got it,.. if I'd become addicted...   Huh...
Guess not....

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 11/23/12 at 21:56:22

The thing I don't get is texting. All that effort to type in code on a keyboard you need a magnifying glass to see, and an awl to punch in the tiny letters...why not just call??? Huh

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 11/24/12 at 01:05:37

IM PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN

i worked turkey day i worked" black friday " im not into consumerism
tho i buy what i want with the resources i have.
how do those lyrics go?
"its not getting what you want its wanting what you got"(think im close)

was a house painter for bout 6 years in an upscale subdivision for here anyways..
low entry was 500k..
saw alot of young couples ridin the wave and woundered how they could afford the payments..alota forecloursers there now
glad we down sized to our lil cottage 500 a month
had a rogh batch last year but are surving it
if the rest of the world has an issue with my life style they can KMA
ive worked had for where i am and hope i can hold on for 5 more years to collect some of that "entitlement" ive been paying into Kiss

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/24/12 at 08:03:32

Im with ya on the labeling of "Entitlements".. Is a paycheck an Entitlement, too? Some things are the result of contractual agreements, like SS. Food Stamps, OTOH, are entitlements, things people are entitled to, simply because theyre here, maybe theyve never contributed one days efforts to the nations GDP, but they Get from the nation what theyve ( possibly) never earned. SS, OTOH, isnt an entitlement, generally. It does seem to have been used wrongly to give $$ to some, but, IMO, the design of it, originally, was to be a place for working people to put some of their $$$ so they could have it back later. Thats Hardly an Entitlement, You earned it, every penny of it,
Early on, people who retired after only paying in for a few years got back a lot more than they paid in.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #8 - 11/24/12 at 19:50:18

In nature, there are no entitlements; either prepaid or handed down!   You forage and compete for resources just like every other animal, and take your chances.

[I can just hear the tea-baggers now... Oh yeah, that's what I wanted to hear!   I want to quit paying taxes and let folks fend for themselves.  Of course, the TBs have their own short term agenda, and now that they've had some measure of success (on the backs of others, BTW), they want to keep the spoils and not pay forward.]

With animals, if you get sick, injured, or nabbed by a set of powerful fangs, then you drew the low card - no one to blame, all in the game (hey, poetry!).   There may be brief sorrow in passing, but it's no different than the next moment when you find a new grassy hillside, and life becomes better.  Life is rife with ebb and flow.   I'm always amazed that animals seem to be able to keep this constant straight in their mind.   There is no pity, no vengeance - it's just a part of life!

Man is different than other animals, or at least purports to be, because there is a feeling called compassion.   If you see someone old,  sick, injured, or helpless, you either empathize... "what if that was me?", or sympathize...  "I feel sorry for that person".   These feelings compel us to help, and that's different from animal world.

There are psychologists who claim that this inability to let nature take its course is our weakness and will be our demise.   That is, because we support folks who are unable to "pull their weight" for the good of the whole, they present a "drag" on the natural system that nature, already so finely tuned, cannot tolerate.  Sure, find and cut the cheaters, the ripoffs, deceit, and predators out of the system, those are not the "need" we are talking about.  The honest suffering, to me, is the real question about our society, and whether we are willing to support them?

« Last Edit: 11/26/12 at 18:45:28 by 360k+ »  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 11/24/12 at 20:03:08

If you believe Libertarians have no charity or empathy youre very wrong,

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #10 - 11/24/12 at 20:34:17

360k+...what a thoughtful and well presented post. You scored a ten on that one my friend. Cheesy

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 11/24/12 at 21:22:07

Its okay, Im not shocked that youd snuggle up with ;liars,.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #12 - 11/26/12 at 19:18:40

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/24/12 at 20:03:08:
If you believe Libertarians have no charity or empathy youre very wrong,

Was this addressed to me?  If so, WTF?    I was not responding to your comment; I was making a general observation about whether we, as human beings, care about our fellow man enough to help them at certain times of their lives.   If my comment came off wrong, please enlighten.

I'm not pissed or anything, I just don't see your point based on that reaction?   So, sincerely, JOG please lemme know your feelings, otherwise I am totally missing the boat here?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 11/26/12 at 20:02:03

[I can just hear the tea-baggers now... Oh yeah, that's what I wanted to hear!   I want to quit paying taxes and let folks fend for themselves.  Of course, the TBs have their own short term agenda, and now that they've had some measure of success (on the backs of others, BTW), they want to keep the spoils and not pay forward.]

Tea Baggers Are Libertarians.. ecept for the the ones who Never voted the Ron Paul voted,, theyre Not Tea Party people,, theyre frauds, & theres a ton of them, Like Palin,, wadda sorry Beeyotch she is..

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #14 - 11/27/12 at 08:00:37

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/26/12 at 20:02:03:
[I can just hear the tea-baggers now... Oh yeah, that's what I wanted to hear!   I want to quit paying taxes and let folks fend for themselves.  Of course, the TBs have their own short term agenda, and now that they've had some measure of success (on the backs of others, BTW), they want to keep the spoils and not pay forward.]

Tea Baggers Are Libertarians.. ecept for the the ones who Never voted the Ron Paul voted,, theyre Not Tea Party people,, theyre frauds, & theres a ton of them, Like Palin,, wadda sorry Beeyotch she is..

OK, I didn't realize there was even a distinction of terms (Party vs Bagger), so I guess I meant Tea Party, if I understand your argument. however, NOTHING I said was targeted at you personally or at any of your previous posts.   I say that because you seem to have taken it that way.   Instead of getting all freaky and calling someone a liar, a simple explanation would have been more appreciated.   Frankly, I happen to agree with some of the REAL Libertarian philosophy (but not all), and I also think Ron Paul has some very good ideas.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:13:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The brain-wasting disease called consumerism .....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.