Send Topic Print
New Texas (Read 44 times)
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
New Texas
11/21/12 at 17:25:56

Far out! I just learned there's a New Texas in Brazil, established by secessionists after the Civil War. Well, yee mf-ing hah! Adios, suckers - we'll keep Austin which, as I understand it, would like to secede from Texas. Oh, and you can have Mississippi, and Arkansas, and Louisiana, and... (racists need a comfy home).
Like ·  · Promote

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: New Texas
Reply #1 - 11/21/12 at 17:35:06

Wait!.. New Orleans is too pretty,.. and has music...  ...and,.. beads...
I want to keep it... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Reply #2 - 11/21/12 at 18:09:49

Serowbot wrote on 11/21/12 at 17:35:06:
Wait!.. New Orleans is too pretty,.. and has music...  ...and,.. beads...
I want to keep it... Huh...

Well, yeah - Cajun cooking & jazz &  some great people - many of whom aren't white, and more than a few who are.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #3 - 11/21/12 at 18:21:25

Fascinating stuff. I hadn't known of this interesting facet of the American civil war era.

<snip>

Many Southerners had lost their land during the war, or were unwilling to live under a conquering army. Between 1865 and 1885, almost ten thousand White American confederates ran ashore in the ports of Belém, Vitória, Rio de Janeiro and Santos. Once they arrived, they had to redouble their so weakened energies and confront other faraway and tough trips around the land until they could reach the region of Campinas, whose climate and lands are similar to those of the Southern United States. It is unknown just how many immigrants went to Brazil as refugees from the war, but unpublished research in the records of the port of Rio de Janeiro by Betty Antunes de Oliveira counts some 20,000 Americans that entered Brazil from 1865 to 1885.

Time for a second round of southern yahoos, redneck racists, crackers, and other America haters to emigrate eh? My not a very nice person neighbor has been flying his American flag upside down along with his "Don't Tread On Me" teabagger flag since the election. I would buy him a one-way ticket in a heartbeat.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #4 - 11/21/12 at 19:24:47

Worked all over TX back when I was a field service engineer in the 70's, and always thot Austin was the only part worth keeping.  From what I've seen in more recent years, things have remained about the same or got worse.   Let the rest of the state secede and Austin will be like west Berlin after WWII - lol.   BTW, those confederate flag wavin secessionists have a huge HUGE income tax surprise coming; i.e., things ain't simply gonna be all better after the fact...   but daz just me.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 11/21/12 at 22:02:30

Houston, "you've" got a problem. Grin

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:07:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › New Texas

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.