SAD (Read 196 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: SAD
Reply #15 - 11/21/12 at 19:24:58

Dave wrote on 11/21/12 at 10:15:18:
I was very active on a Aborist/Chainsaw website for a while.  I cut firewood for heat and needed to get a bit more knowledgable about chainsaws before I bought the wrong one.  Just like this forum there were some people that knew a lot about chainsaws and were very helpful.....and each week new people showed up.  They even had their own form of Oil Wars that kept showing up about what oil is best.....and what mix ratios to use.

The one thing that is different about this site is that unlike the Arborist Site where people got CAD (Chainsaw Acquisition Disorder) - this site doesn't seem to promote SAD (Savage Acquisition Disorder) or MAD (Motorcycle Acquisition Disorder).  On the Arborist forum people would come to the site with only a single chainsaw.....and within a short period of time would expand their fleet to have several different brands and sizes of saws....and the forum member just kept enabling each other to buy more!

This site seems to be a lot more thrifty about having a single motorcycle, and the things needed to make it better looking or keep it running.  Life is good!

Suffering from SAD and MAD as well as the very famous SEAD (single engine acquisition disorder) where I buy east german built, british designed, jap supplied single engine sport bikes ... MZ skorpion baby.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #16 - 11/22/12 at 06:24:06

Let's see... 5 pickups, 5 motorcycles, 5 chainsaws, 4 complete boats and 2 kit boats to build, 6 tractors, 4 riding mowers... and an air cooled VW (Super Beetle).

Full blacksmith shop. Full wood shop.

And not supposed to use any of them per the doctors. I'm 40.  Angry

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #17 - 11/22/12 at 18:18:03

I can't recall ever compiling a large collection of any one type, but I have always had a nice variety of toys.

ATM-
2 Kayaks
2 Surfboards
2 Snowboards
2 Rifles    (ok more then 2, but 2 just seemed to fit nicely)
2 Handguns
2 Bikes, Savage and a Yamaha ttr-125
2 Cages Jeep Patriot and a Ford Edge
2 Timeshares in the Bahamas

Only one wife, but if I could have a second one that made the same salary as the first.......I'd have alot more toys!!!!!   Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #18 - 11/22/12 at 18:39:46

There are several on here who have health issues. I've basically been "down" in my back for nearly three months. I'm thankful for a good wife and daughter and my wife's support for me getting back into bikes after 30 yrs off. I used to fire on a steam locomotive I helped restore in the mid 80s. I think one of our major problems is that a lot of us older (59) guys are an independent bunch of old  farts, and we miss that. Stay on here and keep sharp. Help these newbs enjoy their bikes with your knowledge. I just sold a 1976 XL 75 with fire but no start. (And didn't lose money) Now I'll have time to fool with my 1986 Honda Spree "project".

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
engineer
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 11/24/12 at 07:44:29

Speaking of health and motorcycles, I am running out of health but I still have a couple motorcycles and I plan to buy another and ride all I can for as long as I can.  A neighbor has been riding all his life but has dropped his bike several times just moving it around the garage so he is planning on buying one of those three wheel CanAm "bikes".  I am anxious to see how he likes it.

To me the two wheel experience is hard to beat.  I loved my bicycle as a little kid and when I finally got a two wheels with a motor in between it just got better.  The Savage is the heaviest bike I can handle now and it is marginal.  Accumulating a few extra bikes (and tools) doesn't bother me, life is short, do what you want.    

2005 S40, Intruder shocks, Dyna, 52.5/150, 3 washers, 2 turns, modified seat, Raptor
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 15:22:26

General CategoryThe Cafe › SAD

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.