Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Crap, it's holiday season again (Read 147 times)
LostArtist
Ex Member

Crap, it's holiday season again
11/20/12 at 15:05:38

yet another thing to deal with, well I've made it through them all so far.

Here's to keeping the streak (and me) alive

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Crap, it's holiday season again
Reply #1 - 11/20/12 at 16:29:35

Be extra aware of distracted drivers this time of year...
Shoppers get that, thousand yard stare,... when their heads are crunching purchase options...

Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #2 - 11/20/12 at 17:27:20

I enjoy T-Day, cause I like turkey and fixings, but I always hate the commercial aspects of xmas.   Its like WWE Smackdown out there, and the very thought that I have to go into that melee to buy gifts is a turn-off.   Hmmm, wouldn't money be considered a personal gift, if I write names on the bills with a black marker?

« Last Edit: 11/21/12 at 15:50:37 by 360k+ »  

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 11/20/12 at 17:37:27

360,... I accept cash... Huh...

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #4 - 11/20/12 at 18:18:57

I'm with you LA. Between all the commercialization and the "Political Correctness" Holidays are just a huge PIA. And gift-giving........it's a strain on the budget(read as spending money most people could better use paying bills and providing basics for the family) and the receivers never appreciate the gift anyway so why bother?

For the last couple of years we've been buying gifts for folks in the nursing home that have no family. Seems a better use of the money we can spare!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 11/20/12 at 18:33:50

It's not about the money,...
...instead of spending money,.. write your wife or lover,.. a poem...
Then, sleep on the couch 'till Valentines day... Huh...

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Reply #6 - 11/20/12 at 18:45:11

Serowbot wrote on 11/20/12 at 18:33:50:

But Sero...........the couch is my  Sad regular sleeping place! I wanna try something different for a change  Wink

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/20/12 at 18:51:27

ZAR wrote on 11/20/12 at 18:18:57:
I'm with you LA. Between all the commercialization and the "Political Correctness" Holidays are just a huge PIA. And gift-giving........it's a strain on the budget(read as spending money most people could better use paying bills and providing basics for the family) and the receivers never appreciate the gift anyway so why bother?

For the last couple of years we've been buying gifts for folks in the nursing home that have no family. Seems a better use of the money we can spare!

for me it's about depression, and this year has been bad enough for me already, at least family will be around this year, friends won't be though, I don't know though, sometimes it's worse being around family, being the odd guy out.  

maybe I can keep myself busy cleaning and organizing my apartment, okay, now I know it's going to be a rough one this year, cleaning? me?  

Sad

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #8 - 11/20/12 at 19:07:17

ZAR wrote on 11/20/12 at 18:45:11:

But Sero...........the couch is my  Sad regular sleeping place! I wanna try something different for a change  Wink

So,.. you're a poet, too?...  Huh...

PS,.. Lost,.. we're always here...  

I find that I fight depression best, by seeing it as my task to buck up the spirits of others... Be extra friendly in the checkout line,.. wave to neighbors... if you're with family,.. volunteer to help with preparations...  
You become, who you pretend to be... your external behavior, elicits responses from people, that will infect you, and can lift you...
Just try your best... ...and remember to drink... Wink...
Wisdom from the Yogibot... Huh...

Peace,
Serow

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 11/21/12 at 03:29:25

A few years ago I stopped celebrating the holidays. I'm tired of being told when I need to be generous. I'm generous all bloody year when I notice my friends and family are in need of something, xmas can kiss my xbutt.

Things off the top of my head I bought this year for my friends/family:

BlueAnt Supertooth 3 for my Aunt - full duplex, great for her conference calls even when she's not on the road

LG Xenon cel-phone for my Mother - so she can text people with a real keypad

25ft VGA and RCA cables and a PNY video card for my friend Kevin - to connect his computer to his TV to watch internet videos on his flat-screen

A pleco for my friend Jae's fish tank - to help with all that darn algae

Magellan GPS for Jae's parents - so they can get to their daughter's house in VA a bit easier than with a folding map

I don't need someone to tell me when I need to be generous. I'll be generous when people need it and I think they deserve it. I'm no longer stressed by the holidays.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #10 - 11/21/12 at 04:33:37

I'm all for it Mike, unfortunately once your married with kids it's all about them.  It's all good, I had my years of doing my own thing till I got married  Wink

Everyone enjoy the holiday season to it's fullest however you decide to do so, and stay safe as Serowbot pointed out the bleary eyed shopper is out there!  Shocked

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #11 - 11/21/12 at 06:32:04

Serowbot wrote on 11/20/12 at 17:37:27:
360,... I accept cash... Huh...

OK, yours is in the mail.   I was extra generous, and hope you enjoy that brand new Savage.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #12 - 11/21/12 at 06:59:59

Cavi Mike wrote on 11/21/12 at 03:29:25:
A few years ago I stopped celebrating the holidays. I'm tired of being told when I need to be generous. I'm generous all bloody year when I notice my friends and family are in need of something, xmas can kiss my xbutt.

Things off the top of my head I bought this year for my friends/family:

BlueAnt Supertooth 3 for my Aunt - full duplex, great for her conference calls even when she's not on the road

LG Xenon cel-phone for my Mother - so she can text people with a real keypad

25ft VGA and RCA cables and a PNY video card for my friend Kevin - to connect his computer to his TV to watch internet videos on his flat-screen

A pleco for my friend Jae's fish tank - to help with all that darn algae

Magellan GPS for Jae's parents - so they can get to their daughter's house in VA a bit easier than with a folding map

I don't need someone to tell me when I need to be generous. I'll be generous when people need it and I think they deserve it. I'm no longer stressed by the holidays.

As time passes & Mike reveals himself more & more Im seein someone
I agree with more & more. I dont NOT do things for people because its NOT Christmas. If someone needs something And its Christmas, then they can have it, For Christmas..
How would your wife feel if she came up to ya on Dec. 26th & said "Aww, the heel just broke off my favorite old pair of heels" & you said

"Gee, too bad that didnt happen 2 weeks ago,, I woulda got ya some new ones for Christmas.. Looks like youll just hafta wait a year, Hon,, Im sure sorry,,"

& Birthdays,, dont EEEven get me started on Birthdays,,I only know one persons Bday, besides my wife & girl & grandson,, & thats my older sister, July 16,, Cuz there was always a nice party on the weekend of 7/16. MY B/day? 12/23, First Bday Party I had I was 19. For my Bday, I was allowed to open a Christmas present, "A" being one essential point,
the other was, it wasnt even a gift to me For my B/day, it was Christmas paper. They couldnt even bother to wrap it in Bday paper. Im just not all that big on most holidays,  but I do enjoy Thanksgiving. I actually like that one. Its not an obligation to purchase & give, its time with family & friends & this year we will be going out to a smallish place, out in the boonies, to spend time with a couple of other families, people I dont even know, except for the lady who owns the house. WE went out once before, Christmas last? IDK,, MIta been Tgiving,, its a neat old house, they had it moved out there. We will be talking about a Homesteading Group, working together, learning canning & other "How Great Gramma & Grampa made it" stuff,, WE may be forming a Momlitia! How to put up foods, prepare them for freezing, drying foods, gardening ideas,, maybe we can even coordinate work brigades & take turns meeting & working at each others places, getting gardens prepared,,etc, etc,, & all that jazz,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 11/21/12 at 07:32:10

I had a friend make a very thrifty, efficient decision to buy his wife a major household appliance for Christmas.  Big mistake.....he ended up having to make a fast trip to the jewelry store on December 26th!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #14 - 11/21/12 at 14:46:05

Dave wrote on 11/21/12 at 07:32:10:
I had a friend make a very thrifty, efficient decision to buy his wife a major household appliance for Christmas.  Big mistake.....he ended up having to make a fast trip to the jewelry store on December 26th!

reminds me of how i thought a dryer was a great wedding present for my wife (hey i was only 24!)  it turned out ok, we're still married  Grin

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 09:23:59

General CategoryThe Cafe › Crap, it's holiday season again

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.