No More Twinkies (Read 338 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: No More Twinkies
Reply #30 - 11/22/12 at 06:27:39

Im not jealous, never have been,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #31 - 11/22/12 at 06:34:58

WebsterMark wrote on 11/22/12 at 04:57:52:
Am i the only one on this forum whose not jealous? The biggest mystery to me is the origin of class warfare...

Wowwweee man you must really think you're really the best of humanity dont you ...

Tell me from your self righteous perch, can you even see the little workers working the machines, baking away and injecting the slop inside the twinkie and packing it and boxing it ... can yo ueven see them or are they too small ?

So what does your self righeous brain tell you about those people.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WD
Serious Thumper
2005 No Login

Professional
"scooter
trash".

Rosemark TN
Reply #32 - 11/22/12 at 06:39:33

The product lines were horrible. I used to eat Zingers, them Hostess bought out Dolly Madison and ruined the Zinger. My beagle, who has been known to eat some really noxious stuff, wouldn't so much as lick a Twinkie or a slice of Wonder Bread... she'll eat hoof parings when I trim the horse's feet but not Hostess products... Shocked

They priced themselves out of the market. You can buy the same basic thing, non-union made, for less than half the price. You can buy better quality locally made baked goods for less than half the Hostess garbage. Pretty simple.

On 2 wheels since 7/87

Black and Chrome 2003 1950s style custom
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 11/22/12 at 06:59:51

Investment firm buys Hostess, puts CEO in who has never had any roll in bakery operations. Gives him and top execs three raises in five year period.. Asks employees for cuts in wages and benefits, they (Union)accept, avg pay goes from 48K a year to 34K a year.. Management continues to bungle and still gives themselves another "Merit" raise, then asks employees for another cut.. Big supprize they say no.... Most employees say they have been looking for better jobs for awhile..

To any rational thought process, how is this the Unions fault? Talks like a duck, smells like Bain capital.. Somebody gets rich, labor takes the pain..

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #34 - 11/22/12 at 07:17:09

Serowbot wrote on 11/21/12 at 22:06:17:
It is ironic,.. that all the parachutes go only to people that we already know will land safely...

Who wrote this rule, that only the people in lifeboats get life vests?... Huh...

Not only that, but who is more responsible for a company's demise?   Is it management sitting in their plush offices, or the $12/hr worker on the line?   The management makes corporate decisions that set the direction, and thus, directly determine the success of the business.   THAT is their job!   The workers depend on the managers to make good sound business decisions, protecting both the company and their jobs.   However, Serow is right; when things go south, it is the managers who made the bad decisions that are rewarded with $million severance packages.   The workers get a pink slip and a happy holiday wish.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #35 - 11/22/12 at 07:19:14

Retread wrote on 11/22/12 at 06:59:51:
puts CEO in who has never had any roll in bakery operations

I think you meant "role", but worked out as a good pun tho.  Nuk nuk nuk!

« Last Edit: 11/22/12 at 15:56:52 by 360k+ »  

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #36 - 11/22/12 at 22:16:03

Am i the only one on this forum whose not jealous? The biggest mystery to me is the origin of class warfare...  Web I would never ask anyone to trade places with me but if you could it wouldnt be a mystery. This is the truth, 400 people in the US make more money than the rest of the population combined. You can find it. Thats only supposed to happen in 3rd world countries. Not taking care of the elderly is only supposed to happen in 3rd world countries. Not having decent schools is only supposed to happen in 3rd world countries.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 11/23/12 at 06:52:37

This is the truth, 400 people in the US make more money than the rest of the population combined. You can find it. Thats only supposed to happen in 3rd world countries. Not taking care of the elderly is only supposed to happen in 3rd world countries. Not having decent schools is only supposed to happen in 3rd world countries.

Top 400 do not have more wealth than the rest of the population. Sounds nice, but not true. Not taking care of the elderly? What are you talking about? Are you saying the US Government doesn’t spend enough or are you saying the general person doesn’t take care of the elders in their family? Could it be that the slow creep of government is beginning to remove the historical function of the old to take care of the young?
Who doesn’t have decent schools? Go look at where the ‘bad’ schools are, look at the funds spent on them, and tell me whose fault it is? I know you’re not some 13 year old kid Midnight, but for crying out loud, grow up…

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 11/23/12 at 06:54:27

Tell me from your self righteous perch, can you even see the little workers working the machines, baking away and injecting the slop inside the twinkie and packing it and boxing it ... can yo ueven see them or are they too small ?

So what does your self righeous brain tell you about those people.

1) i'm not on a self-righteous perch and 2) if they don't like the work, go find something else.

Pretty simple isn't it? No one's a slave.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #39 - 11/23/12 at 06:55:34

3rd world country - India I can vouch for taking care of the parents (they live with you till they die - that's the system, In fact no one ever moves out @ 18 - or any age or atleast in the modern day 1 of the kids does not) and schools, darn are we good at creating little book worms ... but most of that we pay on the spot for ... no tax payer funded, you're expected tp pay for the year (or month if you prefer @ the begning if the month) and guess wha thappens when the school isn't good - you get to another school ...

Anyway I know you dont meat it that way ... the system here is tax payer funded, and we deserve the best of that type of system.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 11/23/12 at 07:24:19

WebsterMark wrote on 11/23/12 at 06:52:37:
This is the truth, 400 people in the US make more money than the rest of the population combined. You can find it. Thats only supposed to happen in 3rd world countries. Not taking care of the elderly is only supposed to happen in 3rd world countries. Not having decent schools is only supposed to happen in 3rd world countries.

Top 400 do not have more wealth than the rest of the population. Sounds nice, but not true. Not taking care of the elderly? What are you talking about? Are you saying the US Government doesn’t spend enough or are you saying the general person doesn’t take care of the elders in their family? Could it be that the slow creep of government is beginning to remove the historical function of the old to take care of the young?
Who doesn’t have decent schools? Go look at where the ‘bad’ schools are, look at the funds spent on them, and tell me whose fault it is? I know you’re not some 13 year old kid Midnight, but for crying out loud, grow up…

The top 1% of America own 40% of this nations wealth.. I would say taking everything a person has worked for in their lifetime and handing it to a nursing home would be considered theft.. So they steal everything worth a darn from the elderly, then put them in a sub-standard living situation, give them $50 a month from their SS and take the rest.. Boy, thats a nice way to exist, way to go "Free" market system..

Our school system is top heavy, administration officials are all making six figures to make decisions on funding, ect, from their ivory towers without getting their hands dirty in the classroom.. Parent involvement is the key to education, again the little guy and gal who have to work two jobs to survive cannot give that involvement.. I guess they don't deserve it, easier to blame the school system... Just home school em, turn em into mirrors of the ignorant teaching them.. That'll assure a nice voting base for the Republican party.. Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #41 - 11/23/12 at 12:23:16

IDK what you mean by "Parent Involvement". If you mean Mom & Dad need to make sure Johnny can do the work by sitting down & teaching it, then why send them to school? If you mean MOm & Dad need to be involved in the school, when was the last time you stopped into a school?
Its not appreciated in any school Ive been in. I felt like an invader & they hated me for my being there, couldnt even stop in a classroom to check up on the teachers in action, hadda have an appointment.. cant sneak up on a teacher & see what theyre doin that way,,

My daughter made good grades, every7 year, every class, rarely anything less than a B, & Whats This? English, junior year, grades slipping,, Her classes, ALL of her classes( That teacher) had people failing left & right. Turns out SHE had decided she would sponsor the Key Club & stopped being a teacher. I had to go the office TWICE & make them admit the grades of the students werE Her fault & Their fault. Was she fired? Nooo,, were her bosses, who would immediately halt a childs participation in extracurricular activities if Their grades fell  off, but they didnt manage to notice their teacher Failing, now was she responsible enough to resign her post in the key club when it was clear she couldnt do that And be an effective teacher,,,

& If you dont believe what Charlotte Izerbyt says about the DELIBErate Dumbing Down of America, then read some John Taylor Gatto stuff,, pretty parallel..Our goobs are getting Exactly what they want from the school system,.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #42 - 11/23/12 at 13:13:28

The education of a child takes more than the teachers at school, teachers are not baby sitters, and even the best teacher cannot teach a child that is not motivated.. That motivation comes from the parents!! If a teacher is not doing the job, complain, then take matters into your own hands, ask for the lesson plan, and take over.. Being stubborn does nothing for the education of the child..

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 11/24/12 at 05:49:19

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #44 - 11/24/12 at 19:22:23

WebsterMark wrote on 11/24/12 at 05:49:19:

Good point again Web, and a manager is an employee or a corporation of some type. Not a business owner or business man (which I would think they will be calling themselves "Business owner"

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:04:57

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No More Twinkies

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.