No More Twinkies (Read 338 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: No More Twinkies
Reply #15 - 11/21/12 at 10:03:10

WebsterMark wrote on 11/21/12 at 09:22:44:
i have no idea what you just said which is why I hesitate to answer you.

point is, you can spread the blame Hostess failure on a multiple issues, but CEO pay is a class warfare induced Red Herring that deflects from the real problems at Hostess. Why doesn't obama jump in and buy them like he did GM? aren't 18,000 jobs worth it?

And Obama got blamed for it ... besides .. GM was a viable company with a product line that had a value ...

Hostess had a worthless product line aka high calorie high fat junk for the most part, and since the product line is decided by management, that is where the failure is. Simple - yea it runs counter to your ethos, but that is as simple as it gets.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #16 - 11/21/12 at 10:26:43

What Srinath is saying is management did not react properly to the market. If the market says twinkies are bad for you (and it has been saying so for years now) it is up to management to make them good, or a product they can market as good. They didn't, they failed, they deserve to go bankrupt. Too bad about the workers, though. They are the ones who pay the price, not management.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/21/12 at 11:23:22

I think we're bringing factors into the equations that don’t belong.

I don't think anyone would argue that Twinkies aren't good for you or that customers will not buy products over the long term that have consistent defects, but neither one of those factors are in play in this case.

The story as I've read it is one of the two unions did not allow management to adjust to market conditions with regards to distribution. The other union quietly tried to get the hold-out union to give a little, but to no avail.

CEO pay, nutrition or quality has nothing to do with their bankruptcy.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #18 - 11/21/12 at 11:26:29

Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 11/21/12 at 19:18:54

WebsterMark wrote on 11/21/12 at 11:23:22:
I think we're bringing factors into the equations that don’t belong.

I don't think anyone would argue that Twinkies aren't good for you or that customers will not buy products over the long term that have consistent defects, but neither one of those factors are in play in this case.

The story as I've read it is one of the two unions did not allow management to adjust to market conditions with regards to distribution. The other union quietly tried to get the hold-out union to give a little, but to no avail.

Yep

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #20 - 11/21/12 at 19:22:34

WebsterMark wrote on 11/21/12 at 11:23:22:

Says the defender in chief of incompetence in management.

Dude worthless product line = operating losses. End of story. The workers pay could have been a factor if you could prove they were paid in excess of similar jobs in the geographic locations. I really have heard nothing pointing to that, so I am going to call it as worthless products designed by a visionless management.

If you can find how a twinkie worker was paid x% over a similar lets say Blinkie worker in that same geographic area put it up and I will concede.
Till then it remains that they are selling junk and the people got wise to that.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 11/21/12 at 19:26:38

When the union said NO,, it was game over,, blame whatever suits ya,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #22 - 11/21/12 at 19:41:40

In a way, these products represent an American icon.   Nutritional value aside, we all grew up looking forward to lunch and Mom's "Hostess treat" in our lunch boxes.   I certainly remember the Snoball, Twinkie, or Cupcake in mine.   To hell with the mideast conflict, we ought to bring Hillary in on the Hostess union negotiations and save this institution.   I for one, would pledge to buy one product per week, if it helped to facilitate an employee buy out.

« Last Edit: 11/26/12 at 08:07:08 by 360k+ »  

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #23 - 11/21/12 at 20:10:54

Its my faulot they went broke.. Ill bet I havent bought $10.00 worth of their stuff in my life,

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/21/12 at 20:26:15

worthless products

worthless?!!! Say what? Ain't you seen Zombieland man?....

IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #25 - 11/21/12 at 20:52:44

Usefulness of the product aside, its sad upper management always leaves finacially set for life. Workers should be allowed to have a written contract also.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #26 - 11/21/12 at 22:06:17

It is ironic,.. that all the parachutes go only to people that we already know will land safely...

Who wrote this rule, that only the people in lifeboats get life vests?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #27 - 11/22/12 at 02:30:30

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/21/12 at 20:10:54:
Its my faulot they went broke.. Ill bet I havent bought $10.00 worth of their stuff in my life,

I'll bet you bought $10 worth of say turkey this week. So easily they chould have been in the turkey business and had some of your $$$ ...
Their fault for not doing that IMHO. Turkey is just the convenient example for the week.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 11/22/12 at 03:48:12

Serowbot wrote on 11/21/12 at 22:06:17:
It is ironic,.. that all the parachutes go only to people that we already know will land safely...

Who wrote this rule, that only the people in lifeboats get life vests?... Huh...

excellent point, I think tho, youll find this is a rule, hidden in a subset of rules, attached to The Golden Rule. Which, as we have all learned, means He who has the gold makes the rules.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 11/22/12 at 04:57:52

Am i the only one on this forum whose not jealous? The biggest mystery to me is the origin of class warfare...

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:23:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No More Twinkies

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.