IP Logged
Arizuno

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Prescott, AZ
Re: No More Twinkies
Reply #1 - 11/19/12 at 17:46:29

Vulture capitalism at its best.

White '07, OEM wind screen, 1" seat lift, re-shaped OEM seat, seat beads, TKat, Dyna muffler (Serowbot), Raptor petcock, seat pins (Verslagen1), Big Crank.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #2 - 11/19/12 at 18:12:55

Unions built the middle class in this country.

The most overpaid job in America is the CEO. We have the highest paid CEOs in the world. Even if they are doing a good job, they are vastly overpaid. And it began with the evolution of the Reagan revolution.

This kind of vulture capitalism destroys businesses, reduces the incomes of ordinary people, and increases unemployment rates.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #3 - 11/19/12 at 20:35:16

Let them eat cupcake..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/20/12 at 06:16:12

Also Hostess = Wonder Bread.
I'm gonna miss Wonder Bread.
:<

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #5 - 11/20/12 at 06:45:03

Starlifter wrote on 11/19/12 at 18:12:55:
Unions built the middle class in this country.

The most overpaid job in America is the CEO. We have the highest paid CEOs in the world. Even if they are doing a good job, they are vastly overpaid. And it began with the evolution of the Reagan revolution.

This kind of vulture capitalism destroys businesses, reduces the incomes of ordinary people, and increases unemployment rates.

Hostess Twinkies CEO tripled salary to $2.5m - AMERICAblogamericablog.com/2012/11/hostess-twinkie-ceo-salary.htmlCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
2 days ago – Hostess Twinkies' former CEO tripled his salary to $2.5m as the ... this story incorrectly conflated the former Hostess CEO, Brian Driscoll, whose ...

OK read that and know the story friends ... and remember a CEO is an employee ... not a job creator ... once the business goes public (or is that pubic) that's the end of CEO as businessman.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #6 - 11/20/12 at 08:52:27

Paraquat wrote on 11/20/12 at 06:16:12:
Also Hostess = Wonder Bread.
I'm gonna miss Wonder Bread.
:<

--Steve

Hmmm, I wonder?

I didn't eat Twinkies, Cupcakes, or HoHo's that often, but dang it, they were a quick snack when you needed a pick-me-up while away from home, ummm,  before energy drinks.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #7 - 11/20/12 at 14:14:24

I don't eat them anymore either but they were a staple in South Texas in the late 50's. Along with RC cola and moon pies, Twinkies and cupcakes made up my four major food groups. You could substitute a Nehi orange soda in place of the RC if you wanted to add fruit to your diet. I think I will make  a point of buying my 4 year grandson a Twinkie in case they do go away.

One of the best laughs I have had came at the expense of HoHo's. I used to head up operations for a large quick service restaurant franchisee. The chain packaged kids meals in fold together boxes that would take on various forms. One Christmas, the kids premium was an individually wrapped HoHo and the box took the form of Santa's workshop, complete with chimney. The HoHo was inserted into the chimney. The crew kids promptly named this the "HoHo hole."  Cool

Good hunting

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 11/20/12 at 15:22:28

Its really a bad thing to see Twinkies go. If only they could hold out for a couple of months, surely theyd be back in the black,, POt just got legalized in some places,,Ill bet theyd be sellin them by the boxcar loads,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 11/21/12 at 06:00:07

okay JOG; that was pretty darn funny.....!

Sorry, but union rules killed the twinkie.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 11/21/12 at 07:25:57

WebsterMark wrote on 11/21/12 at 06:00:07:
okay JOG; that was pretty darn funny.....!

Sorry, but union rules killed the twinkie.

The tripling of the CEO's salary says other wise kiddo ... Oooo I forgot, you are CEO, so obviously for you the union and the guy making 15 bucks an hr is the problem.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 11/21/12 at 07:36:06

Y'know a crappy high sugar and high fat product line killed twinkie ...
And the worker had nothing to do with that ... all management ... they should have diversified and designed a high fiber low fat twinkie ... mu haha hahah ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 11/21/12 at 08:52:38

The tripling of the CEO's salary says other wise kiddo

kiddo; Hostess is 800+ million in debt and lost over a billion dollars last year. A 2.5 million dollar salary has zero, zero impact.

That kind of thinking is how obama can BS the out kiddo public into thinking all we gotta do is make the rich 'pay their fair share' and he can keep up his handouts.....

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 11/21/12 at 09:05:03

WebsterMark wrote on 11/21/12 at 08:52:38:

The tripling of the CEO's salary says other wise kiddo

kiddo; Hostess is 800+ million in debt and lost over a billion dollars last year. A 2.5 million dollar salary has zero, zero impact.

That kind of thinking is how obama can BS the out kiddo public into thinking all we gotta do is make the rich 'pay their fair share' and he can keep up his handouts.....

Aaaaah OK then the 0 impact needs to be cut down to negative ... a CEO making 2.5 billion when the company is 800 mill in the red makes the workers want to spit in the twinkie kiddo.

Thank got I have not eaten a twinkie or nearly any other hostess product in maybe 10 years ...

Once again their product line was garbage ... high sugar, high fat and no nutrition value, that is a management failure ... much like suzuki's bankruptcy ...

Almost any large scale failure IMHO in recent times including the suzuki failure I'd chalk it down to management failure ... lack of direction, lack of vision, lack of competetiveness etc etc ... the nut and bolt guy isn't designing suzuki ...

However in the 60's and 70's if you recall, the british and other european cars used to come out of the factory missing bolts, missing other critical components ... they were popular and well liked ... aka nicely designed and appealing, but they function horribly ... that is labor and union failure classic ...

You're riding your suzuki car/bike bought new last week .. .and your darn brake caliper falls off ... OK there failure of labor/union ... blame the $15/hr assembly line guy ...

You walk into the showroom and your suzuki car/bike looks like garbage next to the gleaming new honda car/bike ... sorry management failure there.

Extend that to the twinkie ... you bite into a twinkie and get a nice long strand of hair ... booya, labor ... you dont even buy a twinkie cos its 350 calories with 150 from sugar and 200 from fat ... management is the culprit.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 11/21/12 at 09:22:44

i have no idea what you just said which is why I hesitate to answer you.

point is, you can spread the blame Hostess failure on a multiple issues, but CEO pay is a class warfare induced Red Herring that deflects from the real problems at Hostess. Why doesn't obama jump in and buy them like he did GM? aren't 18,000 jobs worth it?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:12:56

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › No More Twinkies

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.