Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
This Broadcast Was 47 Yrs Ago (Read 77 times)
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
This Broadcast Was 47 Yrs Ago
11/16/12 at 12:24:54

Its only 3 minutes  http://stg.do/9LDc

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: This Broadcast Was 47 Yrs Ago
Reply #1 - 11/16/12 at 20:45:51

Hmm, that's pretty much the way it is today, and people like Harvey who like to preach the problems and ignore the solutions are nothing more than pseudo-moralists who do more harm than good from astride their fake moral horses.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #2 - 11/16/12 at 21:57:02

Starlifter wrote on 11/16/12 at 20:45:51:
Hmm, that's pretty much the way it is today, and people like Harvey who like to preach the problems and ignore the solutions are nothing more than pseudo-moralists who do more harm than good from astride their fake moral horses.

yeppers
"the christian right is neither"

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #3 - 11/17/12 at 12:01:27

Here's a fact...   mankind evolves!   We can't all remain puritans and live our lives based on rules from the past.   We have choices, good and bad, and we will reap rewards or suffer the consequences, but at least we can make the choice.   I have been to countries where people have few individual freedoms, and you paid a price if you chose to divert slightly.   Lemme tell ya, what we have is much better!

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/17/12 at 18:24:04

360k+ wrote on 11/17/12 at 12:01:27:
Here's a fact...   mankind evolves!   We can't all remain puritans and live our lives based on rules from the past.   We have choices, good and bad, and we will reap rewards or suffer the consequences, but at least we can make the choice.   I have been to countries where people have few individual freedoms, and you paid a price if you chose to divert slightly.   Lemme tell ya, what we have is much better!

Ohhh,, Im certain thats true,, & what WE had 40 years ago was Much better than what we have now.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #5 - 11/17/12 at 20:06:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/17/12 at 18:24:04:
360k+ wrote on 11/17/12 at 12:01:27:

Ohhh,, Im certain thats true,, & what WE had 40 years ago was Much better than what we have now.

Perhaps in some aspects, but evolution itself is dynamic so everything affects and influences everything else.  Rest assured, your statement is not static; it will be as true 200 years from now as it is today.  I also wonder if we would be able to pick and choose what parts we would keep and those we would discard, and frankly, I'm not sure that would be a good idea anyway.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #6 - 11/17/12 at 21:58:30

Too many smart people on this site...
You're all so lucky I'm here,... for balance... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #7 - 11/18/12 at 08:51:43

I didnt make a statement about it because of the religous nature but I thought it was uncanny how he could predict the future and be dead on it.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #8 - 11/18/12 at 09:52:33

Midnightrider wrote on 11/18/12 at 08:51:43:
I didnt make a statement about it because of the religous nature but I thought it was uncanny how he could predict the future and be dead on it.

I don't mean evolution in the Darwinian sense, I mean relatively short term.   Man has evolved culturally over the past 200 years, 100, years, 50 years, 10 years.   The point is, we keep "advancing" toward a future where we are mostly blind.

I am not particularly smart, intuitive, or able see the future, but I can see the past, and if that makes me seem smart, I'll take it (LOL).   Too many folks don't, which is why we keep making the same mistakes.   My Grandpa once gave me some advice when I was a kid...  "It's OK to make mistakes, as long as they're new ones!"

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #9 - 11/20/12 at 06:30:36

Midnightrider wrote on 11/18/12 at 08:51:43:

47 years ago was 1965. He wasn't predicting the future, but commenting on his present.

« Last Edit: 11/21/12 at 06:43:38 by arteacher »  

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 09:08:32

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › This Broadcast Was 47 Yrs Ago

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.