Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tire Question for Serowbot (Read 69 times)
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Tire Question for Serowbot
11/16/12 at 05:55:44

Ok, Mr. New Moderator, I did a search on the site and saw where you put on Shinko tires about a year ago. Can you let me know how they are working out for you? I understand I am trading mileage for price but I am more interested in touring traction and handling characteristics. Any information you can provide will be appreciated.

Also, to get you some practice for the inevitable newbie questions, answer this for me. I was riding my bike yesterday and it made a noise. is this a problem and, if so, how do I fix it? Cool

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: Tire Question for Serowbot
Reply #1 - 11/16/12 at 07:09:23

I ended up with a Shinko on the rear,.. and a Kenda on the front...
I went with the Shinko on the recommendation of a much better/faster rider than me... he was a member here a couple years ago, but is mostly a Guzzi rider...
Anyway,.. it seems to stick better than Dunlop 404, and way better than the stock IRC,... and they're cheap... they are also lighter in weight than most brands... (less unsprung weight is good)...
I only ride about 3k miles per year... if I were a 10k plus rider, I might get a high mileage Metzler,.. but I don't need that...
I want a tire that will wear out within 5 or so years...
It's wearing very well,... I expect similar longevity to a Dunlop... 12 to 16k miles...
I'm very happy with the Shinko,...and it's purdy... (a 712 I think) 140/90-15...

... wear earplugs... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Re: Tire Question for Serowbot
Reply #2 - 11/16/12 at 08:34:57

I put the Shinko 712s on both the front and rear in July 09 and have been happy with them. I think I've got about 5k on them now and they are still looking good.

I've already got my money's worth out of them, and think they will still be in good shape for another 2 or 3 years then I plan on doing a Sluggo style burnout when I have a new one in hand.

Grin

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 08:33:39

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Tire Question for Serowbot

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.