Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
To park in gear or to not park in gear . . . (Read 180 times)
tizzyfit

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: To park in gear or to not park in gear . . .
Reply #15 - 11/16/12 at 16:55:47

Park it in gear.  Either that or drag along a boat anchor, less convenient but will keep your ride corralled where you left it.  Keep in mind, a 3%-5% grade, spread over a 10' line doesn't look like much, but it's enough to cause an "issue".  You don't want to know how I know this bit of factual information. Shocked Embarrassed

IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Re: To park in gear or to not park in gear . . .
Reply #16 - 11/16/12 at 19:20:56

PARK IN GEAR. Not shouting. Just making my point. Why don't you leave your car in neutral? Same deal. It may roll off. The Savage kickstand has the best working spring I've ever seen. If you get the slightest over balanced and the bike rolls about six or eight inches the kick comes up and you go down or lose your pretty paint job. Now some of you may have trouble in finding neutral before you crank. Mine is really easy. I like to put mine in neutral after I mount, because the clutch is a little sticky and "pops" loose when the starter kicks over. I may take some risk on the road, but I've found after lots of riding mounting up and riding down your drive or across the yard is a good place to fall...usually with an audience of your peers. Grin

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/03/24 at 08:25:59

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › To park in gear or to not park in gear . . .

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.