Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
When are the republicans going to stop whining?? (Read 248 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: When are the republicans going to stop whining
Reply #30 - 11/17/12 at 04:36:35

Y'know the GOp is looking for a candidate to field in 2016 who is the opposite of what Romney was.
You know who the front runner is ... Romney.  Grin

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #31 - 11/17/12 at 04:40:10

+1 Starlifter, soooo many seem to forget how great bush really was!  Huh

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #32 - 11/17/12 at 11:52:09

I'm Independent, but lean toward Starlifter on many of these issues.   I would suggest OB consider him as the "Director of Splainin".   I am a bonafide, registered, free thinking Independent and have been for over 30 years.   That means two things... A) I think, and B) I don't vote party (but alas, I repeat myself).  I vote for people and issues that make sense for the people (remember us?), regardless of party affiliations.   I believe that many of our problems could be resolved, and solved quickly, if both parties would quit bickering over their egotistical BS points, and either work together in earnest, or get THE FORK OUTTA THE WAY!   In particular, however, after this last election, the Rebups had better wake up because the old NeoCon policies are just not acceptable anymore.   In that, their evolution is inevitable and automatic; they can choose to rethink who & what they represent, or fizzle into obscurity.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #33 - 11/17/12 at 13:19:55

I'm Independent, but lean toward Starlifter on many of these issues

sorry, but anyone who says they are independent but lean towards Star are anything but independent.

I think. I would dare say i know as much or more about the issues as anyone on here.

I believe that many of our problems could be resolved, and solved quickly, if both parties would quit bickering over their egotistical BS points, and either work together in earnest

Really? What does that mean? Pick a topic; any topic. You tell me what you're going to concede as a liberal instead of the idea conservatives always have to concede ground. You tell me what you'll concede on obamacare to gain conservative support. You tell me what ground you'll concede on abortion. Here’s one, can't you concede on not forcing religious institutions to provide abortion pills? Can't you concede at least that little bit of ground?

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #34 - 11/17/12 at 17:42:03

"You tell me what you're going to concede as a liberal instead of the idea conservatives always have to concede ground."

Obama caved in maybe 200 times in his first term trying to accommodate Republican obstructionists. We should concede NOTHING to these anti-American greed mongers in this second term.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #35 - 11/17/12 at 19:40:05

WebsterMark wrote on 11/17/12 at 13:19:55:
I'm Independent, but lean toward Starlifter on many of these issues

sorry, but anyone who says they are independent but lean towards Star are anything but independent.

I think. I would dare say i know as much or more about the issues as anyone on here.

I believe that many of our problems could be resolved, and solved quickly, if both parties would quit bickering over their egotistical BS points, and either work together in earnest

Really? What does that mean? Pick a topic; any topic. You tell me what you're going to concede as a liberal instead of the idea conservatives always have to concede ground. You tell me what you'll concede on obamacare to gain conservative support. You tell me what ground you'll concede on abortion. Here’s one, can't you concede on not forcing religious institutions to provide abortion pills? Can't you concede at least that little bit of ground?

Voting...  When I say "lean", I'm not sure I understand your argument?  I'm not saying Starlifter influenced my vote beforehand.  I mean we were in agreement on many issues after the fact.  Lets say you and I vote on a dozen issues, and afterward it turns out that in 8 of my votes we were in agreement with yours.   I could honestly say I voted independently, but lean toward you, even tho I didn't care or even know how you voted.  Is that a concept you can grasp?

On the big problem solutions...  Do you not think problems could be more easily resolved if the manner were not better orchestrated by congressional members acting like adults?  To me, the two parties trying to scratch each others eyes out does not seem to be the most optimal platform for arriving at equitable solutions.  However, that is only my opinion and I'm willing to hear arguments?   I can only offer that I have been married for 35 years to the same woman.   Trust me, in that time I've learned a few things about negotiation and compromise.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #36 - 11/17/12 at 19:47:29

Still watching the puppet show,, look behind the curtain.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #37 - 11/17/12 at 22:45:10

Here's the thing...
If the left is here... and the right is there...
...then the right runs ten steps further right...
Does that move the middle?...
What if we move 12 steps left?...

1st world nations,... are now left of the U.S....
Democrats would be conservative in most of the leading nations...
Conservatives are just a little left of the Inquisition...
So where's the middle?...
Is it between the two?,... or is it at the point of sensible compromise between the makers and the takers...

Trick question... makers and takers...
Rep's would see Romoney as a maker,... and the people that worked in the companies he bought and sold,.. as takers...
.. but, what did Romoney ever make?... He just used used his and others money to to buy and sell the work of others...
Dem's would see the makers as those who work hard and create something a the end of the day... and the takers, as those that buy and sell the value of the labour of others...

The question is,.. who are the makers?... and who are the takers?...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #38 - 11/18/12 at 05:40:03

On the big problem solutions... Do you not think problems could be more easily resolved if the manner were not better orchestrated by congressional members acting like adults? To me, the two parties trying to scratch each others eyes out does not seem to be the most optimal platform for arriving at equitable solutions. However, that is only my opinion and I'm willing to hear arguments? I can only offer that I have been married for 35 years to the same woman. Trust me, in that time I've learned a few things about negotiation and compromise.

A fair answer 360 and I apologize for being gruff. My patience is thin these days.

Personally, two parties trying to scratch eyes out IS the optimal platform. Change should be brutal, slow, painful, full blood and tears. Otherwise, fads and false arguments push us to far to one side or the other. I need the awful liberals as much as they need me, the awful conservative.

I’ll restate my question; why couldn’t the dems give on forcing a religious institution that’s been around 10 times longer than this nation in forcing them to pay for birth control and abortion pills, something that’s  abhorrent to their point of view?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #39 - 11/18/12 at 05:43:25

Sew:
Here's the thing...
If the left is here... and the right is there...
...then the right runs ten steps further right...
Does that move the middle?...
What if we move 12 steps left?...

I don’t see where the right moved? What did we ‘move right on’?

The left on the other hand, is forcing marriage law changes, forcing government healthcare, forcing the Catholic Church to pay for abortion pills and on and on and on. So, isn’t it more accurate to say the left has moved 10 steps?... Where did the right move?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #40 - 11/18/12 at 06:07:19

Trick question... makers and takers...
Rep's would see Romoney as a maker,... and the people that worked in the companies he bought and sold,.. as takers...
.. but, what did Romoney ever make?... He just used used his and others money to to buy and sell the work of others...
Dem's would see the makers as those who work hard and create something a the end of the day... and the takers, as those that buy and sell the value of the labour of others...

The question is,.. who are the makers?... and who are the takers?...

Good question and here’s the answer. ‘Makers’ make things because of the drive provided by ‘takers’ and not the other way around. It’s far harder and more rare to be a  ‘maker’ than a ‘taker’. There are 30 NFL starting quarterbacks and they make a fortune each. (they also make a fortune for their owners as well as help pay the salary of thousands of others). There are a few more people in the world capable of doing that job, but not many. Remove the takers from the system, punish the takers, malign the takers and it’s the makers who suffer.

Tomorrow I will be at one of the largest beef slaughter-processing plants in the country. 3000 workers, up to 7200 cattle processed per day. I’ve never met the plant manager, but keeping that process flowing is a skill very few people have. If the man makes a million dollars a year, it’s worth it. You couldn’t do his job, I couldn’t do his job, very very few people could. But, he could walk out on the line and do any of those jobs in a short period of time, but that equation doesn’t work the other way. My boss could do my job (he did), but I could not do his job. Maybe someday I will learn what I need to and if I do, I’ll move up and earn more. If time proves out I cannot do what he does, I miss out. I do not think that’s unfair; do you?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #41 - 11/18/12 at 07:03:21

I dont have a problem with that, but when some schmuck gets million or even billions & the company fails & he leaves with his golden parachute while everyone whose jobs he destroyed suffers, thats wrong.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #42 - 11/18/12 at 13:27:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/18/12 at 07:03:21:
I dont have a problem with that, but when some schmuck gets million or even billions & the company fails & he leaves with his golden parachute while everyone whose jobs he destroyed suffers, thats wrong.,

Wrong ... wrong ? under JOG and the toothless Obama administration diluted by the repugs this was the norm ... yea they caught that Rajarathnam, but all the rest of the crooks walked away ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 23:54:12

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › When are the republicans going to stop whining??

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.