New member first post (Read 150 times)
Mad-V-Maxr
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

massillon, ohio
New member first post
11/15/12 at 11:31:23

Well what can I say new here an just wanted say hi to everyone. I live in the the northern sorta eastern part of Ohio. 40ish years old, been riding, an workin on motorcycles since I was like 10. Needless to say I've owned a few over the years. I just traded off a dirt bike for a 95 savage to tool around on, its not in the greatest off shape. It looks like its sat quite abit, only 3k on it. PO painted it with a rattle can a mat black, im ok with it. I'm not real impressed by the pod air filter on it, may even change out the carb too we'll see. Anyhow nice to see others take an interest in these bikes later.

IP Logged
ZAR
Serious Thumper

Rock this town! Rock
it inside out!

Kentucky, USA
Re: New member first post
Reply #1 - 11/15/12 at 12:27:05

Welcome from a neighbor in Kentucky!

Yellow 1996 Jetted and Dunstall exhaust. Dakota Chubby Bags, Memphis Slim shield,Tank Bib from?? Seat riser mod. More to come!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 11/15/12 at 12:38:01

Welcome.  Pinwall Motors is near you and they always have a stash of parts for your bike.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Mad-V-Maxr
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

massillon, ohio
Reply #3 - 11/15/12 at 13:22:42

Yep, Dave I've dealt with Pinwall Motors since they started. Let me tell ya they are awsome people too.

IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #4 - 11/15/12 at 13:45:13

Welcome Mad-V-Maxr, you've come to the right place for info on the Savage for sure.  Just don't listen to any advise I give and you'll be alright   Wink

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 11/15/12 at 14:07:55

Have ya seen the recent post by the guy who saved one after 5 years of being a garden fixture? His came out great..

& welcome.,,.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #6 - 11/16/12 at 09:32:21

Welcome

we like pictures.. even better if they are of savages

IP Logged
Mad-V-Maxr
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

massillon, ohio
Reply #7 - 11/17/12 at 13:15:42

Well here is a cell phone pic. I just got back from a 20 mile blast, it was kinda fun.

craigslist.jpg
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 11/21/12 at 06:04:46

Looks good to me.

--Steve

IP Logged
Mad-V-Maxr
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

massillon, ohio
Reply #9 - 11/22/12 at 09:50:24

Yep, I changed stock bars out first thing. Ive never been a fan of the buckhorns. Nice set of superbike bars off a sportster on it now, also bought a screamin eagle ll canister from pinwalls. Mounted it up this mornin, sounds friggin sweet. Bike has a pod filter on it and ran terrible with stock can. Gas caps a little leaky need to fix that, I owned a xr600 for yrs and forgot how much fun it is to ride a big thumper. I worked the carb over a little bit, cleaned an adj pilot air screw. Im pretty happy with the way it runs.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #10 - 11/22/12 at 11:23:11

A fine looking machine. Welcome aboard.  Cheesy

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #11 - 11/22/12 at 17:36:46

Dang,, wouldya looka that? New guy & ALready tellin fibs,, went for a 20 mile blast & it was "KINDA fun",,, Give me a break,, It was a 20 mile BLAST & you know it.,,

I remember when I first got mine. Id be out in the boonies & Id hear this noise in my helmet I didnt recognize,, then, Id realize it was ME, just laughing like a crazy man,, Motorcycles cheat nature & give me a rush. A human shouldnt be able to do what a bike gives us the abilities to do. I have never done SCUBA, but I see that as cheating nature, too.. breathing underwater. Bikes allow us to experience the sights & drink in the colors & scents of nature in a way & at a speed that cant be done any other way I know of, even wearing a full covverage helmet, I see better than in any vehicle Ive driven & SMELL more of whats out there than any other way than a 10 speed. IDK why its such a big deal to my soul, but it is,, I may be part dog,, I know Ive been called an SOB enough times,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Boofer
Serious Thumper

Nearly too old.

N Ms
Reply #12 - 11/22/12 at 19:13:31

Foolin with motorcycles since you were "like 10"? Mine makes me feel like I'm ten. Welcome. This bike is fun to work on or like me and Justin say, "Just ride the thing!" Carb and jet questions are plentiful here. But just use the oil of your choice and keep it to yourself. (Rotella 15w40) Only real problems may be petcock creates fuel starvation for some. Some of us change to manual Yamaha Raptor petcock, but don't tell anyone. (Part number 5LP 24500-01-00) Also timing chain tensioner can fall out after maybe 15,000. You can talk about this 'cause most of us know it. Again welcome. And check the excellent "tech section" if you have a question.  Smiley  

2001 Black, Spitfire windshield, Headlight upgrade, Sissy rack, Tool bag, Fork bag, Harley muffler, Memory foam seat, Crash bars. Hwy pegs, Raptor.
  IP Logged
J C Stokes

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 11/22/12 at 19:28:59

Welcome, you may also find plenty of posts on leaky fuel caps here.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 01:26:50

General CategoryThe Cafe › New member first post

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.