Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
what's in store for us.... (Read 405 times)
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: what's in store for us....
Reply #15 - 11/15/12 at 21:35:56

Tipping,.. creates an atmosphere of subservience... too much like asskissing...
Plus,.. there is the hidden fear of resentment,.. someone spitting in the soup, if you didn't tip well last time...
Honest pay for honest work,.. and respect going both ways...
... and why is it,.. that the hardest working people in the food service industry,.. never get tipped?...
Ever leave a tip a Jack in the Box?... McDonald's?...
I think, it's also France, that bans tipping?... (I read something somewhere...
I haven't been in France since I was 9...  and I never ate anywhere that would have waiters)...
I had a buddy,.. way back,.. that worked his butt off cooking in a hot kitchen for $35 a night,.. while the waitresses made $150 to $200 a night just carrying the food to tables...
He and the busboy spilt the change,.. while the waitresses kept the bills...
If the food is good,.. I want to thank the chef...
Tipping is stupid...

PS...  I'll never buy a Papa Johns pizza again...
That idiot is griping that Obamacare will cost him 5 to 6 million a year,.. or,.. 11 to 13 cents per pizza...  he made 47 million last year... and lives in a 10,000sqft mansion with a 22 car garage...
If a pizza place comes out, and says,..."We're raising the price of our pizza by .25 cents... to pay for employee healthcare,... and the excess will go to raising wages a bit...  
I'll buy my pizza from them... forever...
One frikken' quarter,.. to make people's lives better...
... and,.. I'll bet, that pizza will taste better, too...
Boytcott,... Papa Johns... make him feel it...
Restore dignity to people that really work for a living...
Wink...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/16/12 at 05:44:33

That idiot is griping that Obamacare will cost him 5 to 6 million a year,.. or,.. 11 to 13 cents per pizza...  he made 47 million last year... and lives in a 10,000sqft mansion with a 22 car garage...
If a pizza place comes out, and says,..."We're raising the price of our pizza by .25 cents... to pay for employee healthcare,... and the excess will go to raising wages a bit...  

John Schnatter is using his strong political feelings to say and do loudly what other business will do quietly, but what every business will do, at least the long term survivors. He did build it, but is being told by someone who never built anything what he has to do. So he stupidly forgot how this game is played and opened his mouth. Now he’ll be targeted by the children of this nation, like you Sew, who seem utterly unconcern how or even where their next allowance comes from, as long as it comes.  Papa John, Applebees and now Hostess are public examples of what’s going to happen often, but as long as the guy keeps his mouth shut and the laid off or reduced hours employees show up for whatever new training  center (used to be known as high school) Obama opens and funds from more borrowed money, we’ll kick the can down the road a little bit further….
Is anyone honestly shocked that a business is passing along a cost increase to customers or reducing workforce? Here's the thing; if any of you guys on here were in Papa John's place, you do the exact same thing. 100% of you.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 11/16/12 at 06:55:03

WebsterMark wrote on 11/16/12 at 05:44:33:

John Schnatter is using his strong political feelings to say and do loudly what other business will do quietly, but what every business will do, at least the long term survivors. He did build it, but is being told by someone who never built anything what he has to do. So he stupidly forgot how this game is played and opened his mouth. Now he’ll be targeted by the children of this nation, like you Sew, who seem utterly unconcern how or even where their next allowance comes from, as long as it comes.  Papa John, Applebees and now Hostess are public examples of what’s going to happen often, but as long as the guy keeps his mouth shut and the laid off or reduced hours employees show up for whatever new training  center (used to be known as high school) Obama opens and funds from more borrowed money, we’ll kick the can down the road a little bit further….
Is anyone honestly shocked that a business is passing along a cost increase to customers or reducing workforce? Here's the thing; if any of you guys on here were in Papa John's place, you do the exact same thing. 100% of you.

Thats not even true, some people are real business owners who feel a responsibility to the community, and the people that work for them. They realize that they DID NOT build that by themselves, and understand how happy employees will work harder and longer. John doesn't realize this, or he is just being a thingy... Talking to a empty chair..  

I don't know of ONE business owner who really thinks that HE/SHE built their business alone, if they do, they are pompus arses who do not have a clue how to run a business.. I know that when I owned my small business I wouldn't have even have hired somebody if I couldn't pay top wages and benefits. I want em to stick around, be there when I need em.. Thats good business practice..

Hostess employees have been on strike, reasons being that they have had two pay cuts in the last ten years, and the company wishes to do it again. The CEO hasn't had his pay cut, top management has not had a pay cut, and I'm sure that when the investment firm liquidates, they will make a few million, along with severance for the CEO.. Then we can buy our poisoned Twinkies from China, thats what they really want!

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/16/12 at 10:33:25

I am fortunate to have as my customers the largest food manufacturers in the nation. You would know all my major customers and you eat their food often. I can promise you all of them feel a responsibility to the community. All of the feel responsibility to their employees. All of the donate millions to their local communities. I just saw a grade school this week in Arkansas built and funded by one of these companies. Their level of financial commitment to communities is higher than you could imagine and higher than reported on the books.

But, a company is obligated to perform at the highest profitability feasible given the market it’s in to maintain its long term sustainability. Business is competition and failure to adjust to market conditions when your competitor’s adjust, will leave you behind and fail soon afterwards, leaving everyone without work. Every company will have to make the necessary adjustments to account for the fiscal disaster obama is bringing already. You are just flat out kidding yourself if you think it’s possible to get all this great stuff obama is promising you for nothing. It’s already happening and it’s just the beginning.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #19 - 11/16/12 at 12:17:35

OMG, Webster works for Monsatan.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 11/16/12 at 13:23:19

I don't know where your getting the impression that we all think we are getting something for nothing? Maybe this is just a GOP mantra, like total disregard of facts and specifics, just rant long enough it becomes true? ACA will not effect me at all, I will continue to pay my way through until medicare, the rates go up every year like clockwork, and I will still have the same crappy coverage.. The only difference is going to be I MIGHT be able to get a cheaper insurance through one of the COOP's being set up as we speak.. But I doubt it...

In about ten years from what I have read of the ACA big insurance will be bailing from the system because of cost basis being one of very little profit for them... Then comes socialized medicine...

The only fair application of medical care is single payer, thats right socialized medicine.. Everybody pays, everything is covered, from birth to death.. Even the ones on welfare will have money deducted for their healthcare! Then business owners would be off the hook, wouldn't that be a conservative ideal?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #21 - 11/16/12 at 13:54:21

No the only proper medical insurance system is ... none ....

Pay @ the door as you walk in ... dont like their prices - you can see them on the wall, and move on to the next ... the doctor will get the message and lower their prices ...

We do this all the time @ fast food ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 11/16/12 at 14:44:03

srinath wrote on 11/16/12 at 13:54:21:

Pay @ the door as you walk in ... dont like their prices - you can see them on the wall, and move on to the next ... the doctor will get the message and lower their prices ...

Cool.
Srinath.

So if you don't have the money for the procedure, you die...Yea thats fair......... Huh

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #23 - 11/16/12 at 15:18:29

Retread wrote on 11/16/12 at 14:44:03:
srinath wrote on 11/16/12 at 13:54:21:

Cool.
Srinath.

So if you don't have the money for the procedure, you die...Yea thats fair......... Huh

Well not quite ...

You dont have $$$ you go to the govt hospital, its free, you would need to tip people ... however they expect tips based on how you look/situation before having their hand out. You walk in there with a set of Bruno Magli shoes and a nice suit on, you're gonna tip people 1000's ... get dragged there on a stretcher looking like gandhi used to, you get everything free ...
Govt hospitals provide decent care, they just dont have creature comforts ... no A/C no frills per se.

BTW you do know that if you have the total cash system everything will be a lot cheaper right ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 11/16/12 at 20:46:26

Nope didn't know that.... Common sense dictates that if a doctor/hospital/health related enity really cares for the people its serving, that money/profit is and should not be the main driver.. Don't you think? Shouldn't some things in life NOT be for profit?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 11/17/12 at 02:46:17

Retread wrote on 11/16/12 at 20:46:26:
Nope didn't know that.... Common sense dictates that if a doctor/hospital/health related enity really cares for the people its serving, that money/profit is and should not be the main driver.. Don't you think? Shouldn't some things in life NOT be for profit?

& what would you get up every morning & go do for free?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 11/17/12 at 07:20:04

A living wage, look at the wages doctors, nurses, health professionals make in socialized countries. Plus they do not have to buy malpractice insurance, in many cases housing is furnished, moving expenses, ect..

Just for an example take a look at our gas prices, now take a look at where nationalized oil is in place... For profit is fine, until somebody gets greedy, which is more SOONER than later...

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 11/17/12 at 13:25:38

yea, great idea Retread. And after that, we could cut our balls off, bow down and just give up all freedom....

Geez, it's embarrassing to think some of you guys actually ride motorcycles.....  I sometimes think this is a site for male synchronized divers or something…

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 11/17/12 at 13:35:46

WebsterMark wrote on 11/17/12 at 13:25:38:
yea, great idea Retread. And after that, we could cut our balls off, bow down and just give up all freedom....

Geez, it's embarrassing to think some of you guys actually ride motorcycles.....  I sometimes think this is a site for male synchronized divers or something…

Give them what freedom? The freedom to be ripped off, the freedom to be nuts upon by every corporate raider out there? Or the freedom to worry about basic healthcare, where you'll get it, if you'll get it, and what kind of care you'll receive for your BIG bucks? Thats not freedom son, thats just stupid... And I have been riding and building fo a long time, wish I could do more of it, but can't afford to with my insurance costs, always wondering when some cager is going to cream me, then Medical costs can break me............ Cheesy   I love it when somebody thinks its macho to be preyed upon by corporations, insurance, and CEO's..

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #29 - 11/17/12 at 13:43:05

Like the repug's said a few months ago ...

They have the freedom to be wealthy, so they are "soon to have"

So homeless guy, you're not homeless, you're soon to have leprosy.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:17:52

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › what's in store for us....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.