Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
TEX mex Idiots - Rice in a burritto WTF ? (Read 86 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

TEX mex Idiots - Rice in a burritto WTF ?
11/14/12 at 09:34:56

OK OK I know this is going to rile up a lot of people ... But hear me out ... I am going to blame big corporations in the end ...

We eat Tortilla's in many many countries. We do in India they are called "chapati" and its almost the same as a mexican wheat tortilla - the usual tortilla in mexico is corn ... which in India is pretty rare, but we do have a mixed flour one too - has corn but not all corn.

OK so that is fine.
We eat rice in India, in copius quantity, especially in South India and lots of Rice based soup style food as well as the dry fried rice called Biryani in most of the middle east and India. Spicy, sweet, and everything inbetween entrees with rice.

Guess what we dont do ... India or mexico ... eat rice in a tortilla.

Why ? They are both from the same food group. Grain ...

Why does every Tex-Mex chain do it ... If you went to a mom and pop mexican place, you dont see them make that into an entree ...

My take: its cos rice is like a sponge, it will absorb any spices its cooked with, and rice is cheap ... and the sheeple dont know any better ...

There flame on, monsatan or is that Monistat ... either way, has gotten into our rice and has ended up in burritto's.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: TEX mex Idiots - Rice in a burritto WTF ?
Reply #1 - 11/14/12 at 09:56:46

Well,..  if it tastes good,.. wrap it in a tortilla and it'll taste better...
... deep fry it in a tortilla and it'll taste better still...
Grin... carbs be darned!...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Demin
Serious Thumper

We need more
chlorine in the gene
pool

Warren,Ohio
Reply #2 - 11/14/12 at 10:13:40

Cheap filler!!!!!

Next project:finish '87 Savage custom/bobber/CHOP STYLE***DONE
finish '77 Yamaha XS650 bobber Bought another one
finish'79 Harley custom bobber(NEXT)
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 11/14/12 at 10:21:46

Serowbot wrote on 11/14/12 at 09:56:46:
Well,..  if it tastes good,.. wrap it in a tortilla and it'll taste better...
... deep fry it in a tortilla and it'll taste better still...
Grin... carbs be darned!...

You deep fry rice and it will come out looking and tasting awful.
Demin is right, rice absorbs spices during cooking very well ... aka dirty rice in the south, and in india we have a 100 types of that it will blow your mind. We take rice very seriously in south india ... and till I turned maybe 12-13 that was nearly all I ate ...

Anyway yes cheap filler is right.
As is the fact that they are exploiting the lack of common sense among their customers not to mention the lack of knowledge ...

BTW a few months ago I saw someone leave this little chinese restaurant we have @ work with a plate of ... get this ... seriously - white rice, a very dry chinese chicken entree I forget what it was called and an egg roll. Man you might as well not get the rice.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 11/14/12 at 11:49:17

Oooo someone who already goes to and eats @ one of these places should try it ... I wont, cos even if it turns out the way I want ... there is no guarantee it will and I am not wastig my $$$ on one of these places ...

So order one of these: A chicken burrito in a bowl and they do that and ask for the tortilla on the side, but - no rice or beans ... and if it comes across nearly empty ... you can complain ... and say OK put beans only, I dont want that filler rice ...

The reason no burrito is that they can wrap it tighter without it looking like its 1/2 empty.

Post back if you do it.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #5 - 11/14/12 at 14:37:33

It's Monsanto, and the tortilla is probably already made with their GMO corn anyway.   I'm a sucker for Indian curry, and Tandoori chicken tho - yumster!

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #6 - 11/14/12 at 14:51:21

MMmmmm, Indian food. Love it!

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #7 - 11/15/12 at 06:34:15

Most people are shocked to learn we dont eat that way everyday. You could not eat the Indian food I eat I can almost promise you.
And no its no where close to rice in a burritto. Its rice in somethign like soup, except traditionally we have 3 courses of rice in soup. First is a thick soup, second is the famous rice in "mulligatawny" soup, and third its rice and yogurt ... In fact I cant eat that for more than 3-4 days in a row.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #8 - 11/15/12 at 07:28:25

srinath wrote on 11/15/12 at 06:34:15:
Most people are shocked to learn we dont eat that way everyday. You could not eat the Indian food I eat I can almost promise you.
And no its no where close to rice in a burritto. Its rice in somethign like soup, except traditionally we have 3 courses of rice in soup. First is a thick soup, second is the famous rice in "mulligatawny" soup, and third its rice and yogurt ... In fact I cant eat that for more than 3-4 days in a row.

Cool.
Srinath.

When I worked at Apple, I had Indian friends who were over here on visa's stealing our jobs - LOL   Anyway, I became good fishing buddies with several, and was invited many times to their homes for meals that their wives prepared, and srinath is right; home cooking is quite different and more subdued.   That said, Indian restaurants are still among my very favorite cuisines.   Granted, the food is rich and you can't eat it everyday, but the tastes will take you to extremes of flavor.   In fact, I suggested to one of my friends that an Indian fast food franchise might be a viable enterprise...

Colonel Punjabs Tandoori Chicken

The menu would, of course, feature a bucket of the Colonel's best, but also tasty side dishes similar to what sit down restaurants offer.   If you are a midwestern meat & spuds kinda person, this may not have much appeal (I used to ride with one).   However, for all those who enjoy culinary exploration, as I do, I think this type of place could fly, especially here in California.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #9 - 11/15/12 at 16:18:28

There must be 50 different kinds of Indian breads. Roti and naan are the usual, but in most places you can special order more varities, also the dipping sauces are wonderful.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 11/15/12 at 18:15:54

Starlifter wrote on 11/15/12 at 16:18:28:
There must be 50 different kinds of Indian breads. Roti and naan are the usual, but in most places you can special order more varities, also the dipping sauces are wonderful.

BTW bread ... as we know it isn't native to India. We dont have that in a recipie.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #11 - 11/15/12 at 18:31:42

360k+ wrote on 11/15/12 at 07:28:25:
When I worked at Apple, I had Indian friends who were over here on visa's stealing our jobs - LOL   A

Ya know ... those Injuns also usually are being sorta oppressed by the companies that hold their H1's ... I know I used to hate it ...

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #12 - 11/15/12 at 20:29:26

srinath wrote on 11/15/12 at 18:31:42:
360k+ wrote on 11/15/12 at 07:28:25:
When I worked at Apple, I had Indian friends who were over here on visa's stealing our jobs - LOL   A

Ya know ... those Injuns also usually are being sorta oppressed by the companies that hold their H1's ... I know I used to hate it ...

Cool.
Srinath.

That comment was tongue-in-cheek, BTW.  I fully concur, and thot the H1 program was awful in many ways.  However, the side effect was that it allowed me to meet interesting folks whom I probably never would have met otherwise.   My friendship was (is) always personal, and still have contact with most, including those who have returned to India.   When I pick friends, I don't judge by who-what-when-where-how they are.   I either like them and enjoy their company or not (my Dad's motto was "a stranger is a friend I've never met").  Grand cosmic view...  there are some people who "get it", and some who don't, but we are stretching burrito ingredients here a bit - LOL.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 11/16/12 at 02:05:09

It would be kinda like putting bread crumbs in a sammich, wouldnit?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/20/24 at 04:44:48

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › TEX mex Idiots - Rice in a burritto WTF ?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.