Pines longest 2-up (Read 81 times)
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Pines longest 2-up
11/05/12 at 09:21:17

I put nearly 150 miles on the bike this weekend... about 90 in tee- and jeans! Not bad for a nov 3rd!

Anyway the wife got it that she wanted to go on a ride with me, so I gassed up the bike and we rode down the "the Trace" to the largest stop between us and the next town. Rocky Springs was ~32 miles south. So it was a mere 64 mile round trip. The Trace is the Natchez Trace, its a federal park which is just a two-lane black top. No stores or commercial frontage and no commercial trucks. Speed limit is 50 and is a federal fine for speeding. Basically a fine country rode set aside for sunday ( and saturday) drives.  My wife and I are rather mutt and Jeff, with me at 160 and her about 240.. so the poor savage was hauling about 400 lbs. The motor and tranny did fine with me noticing the most affected seemed to be the suspension and the brakes. It took a long time to stop!

The ride was marvlous! At several times my wife would massage my shoulders has we rode past the deer and hay-bales.  Of course she was more than "a-bit" saddle-sore when we got back. I made it up to her by making gumbo and buying a bottle of her favorite wine.

About as good saturday as one could ask for. ( though I dont think she intends to do it again on the savage)

PS: there is now a squeak from the rear hub... not sure what we did to it!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Pines longest 2-up
Reply #1 - 11/05/12 at 09:52:40

There are a number of products that'll make the rear "seat" more comfortable.

buttbuddy being one.

there's another, don't remember the name, basically a tube of material with 2 round cylinders inserted that you lay over the pillion to widen it.  A strip of canvas and a pool noodle and you'd be in business.

WWW   IP Logged
EJID
Serious Thumper

Work to ride and
ride to work.

Pocatello, ID
Reply #2 - 11/05/12 at 10:09:42

The wife and I have a similar combined total weight and although the bike isn't the best for riding 2-up, it will get the job done. I would say that 95% of my riding is solo, but the wife enjoys it from time to time and she actually recommends taking the bike on the occasional "date night"  Wink
I've looked into the "buttybuddy" but haven't been able to justify that $125 for the occasional rides she takes. I keep watching on eBay for a used one and they still fetch a hefty price tag  Embarrassed

05 S40 15" Memphis Slim, FXDWG Bars, Moved Rear Signals, Saddlebags, Fork Bag, Mini-Tach, Raptor, Cone Filter, Fishtail Muffler, Mix Screw Out 2.5 Turns, 4" Fwd Controls, 147.5 Main/55 Pilot @ 4500
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #3 - 11/05/12 at 10:14:03

verslagen1 wrote on 11/05/12 at 09:52:40:

buttbuddy being one.

there's another, don't remember the name, basically a tube of material with 2 round cylinders inserted that you lay over the pillion to widen it.  A strip of canvas and a pool noodle and you'd be in business.

yeah thats buttybuddy ... not butt buddy... dont google that!!!!!
Grin

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 11/05/12 at 10:22:04

My wife enjoyed the ride on the Harley Ultra Classic softtail we rented in Florida.  It had a big comfy back seat with a back rest for her, and she was elevated up enough she could look over my helmet.
She did not enjoy riding on the back of my Dual Sport much....and I believe the Savage is even more uncomfortable for her.  When I tell her I am going out for a ride around the block....she hasn't indicated a desire to come along.  I am just a bit taller than she is, and on the Savage our helmets bang together whenever I shift gears unless I lean forward with each shift.  She has no view as my helmet is right in line with her face, and I believe the narrow seat and footpeg position are not comfortable.  

Like some others.....I just can't justify spending a lot of money when I am not sure she would enjoy it much.  She would rather we spend the money traveling somewhere.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #5 - 11/05/12 at 11:10:51

buttbuddy being one.

there's another, don't remember the name,

Asspal??? Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pine
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Mississippi, USA
Reply #6 - 11/05/12 at 11:32:10

Serowbot wrote on 11/05/12 at 11:10:51:

buttbuddy being one.

there's another, don't remember the name,

Asspal??? Huh...

lets just say... the returns by google were not safe for work.....

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 11/05/12 at 12:05:07

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1252675627

Not that I'm interested in one... of any kind.    Shocked

WWW   IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #8 - 11/05/12 at 15:25:01

Pine wrote on 11/05/12 at 10:14:03:
yeah thats buttybuddy ... not butt buddy... dont google that!!!!!
Grin

Yeah, I can only imagine what the other term would conjure up?   Make sure the kids aren't around - haha.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Skid Mark
Serious Thumper

FSO

Calgary, Alberta
Reply #9 - 11/05/12 at 18:14:19

That's definitely time well spent. The wife and I had a couple of day rides this year and we both loved it. There is another couple that we rode with on 1 one trip. That just makes it even better  Smiley

2008 S40 , Windshield, Sigma Cycle Computer, after market backrest & luggage rack, Tkat Fork Brace, saddlebags, 12v power supply, Garmin GPS
'09 C50SE, '09 C90
Shoulda got into this years ago
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:40:06

General CategoryThe Cafe › Pines longest 2-up

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.