demographics (Read 131 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: demographics
Reply #15 - 11/05/12 at 08:11:46

Sadly I doubt much of this webster.
I have noticed that aethists are just about the most ethical people who I meet. I actually think they want to propogate little aethists as much as catholics and others.
The Most devout are just about the least ethical. I rob you in the name of god is what they do a lot of times. However they are required by their religion to have little unethical religiously devout ones.

I am however thinking a lot of the younger generation is realising the world is over populated though and hence wont add to that global burden.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 11/05/12 at 09:04:52

That atheist have a lower birthrate is not in dispute. The cause of that fact is like all demographics; even the simplest explanation has complicated reasons behind it. I happen to believe the selfishness inherent in atheism manifest itself in lower birthrates. I'm sure there are other reasons such as higher education and perhaps an emphasis on career.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #17 - 11/05/12 at 09:56:58

Atheists know, that this life will be the only one they get... they make their lifestyle choices based on this,.. and choose marriage and children based on the life they want to live, rather than what any religion tells them...
They don't have children by accident,.. and they don't have children they can't afford or care for... and they don't create a burden on society by not planning their families...

Webster,... why must you find the most negative term to label any choice that isn't yours?...
Selfish?...
I think you are selfish... You don't allow for any choices other than yours...  
All people should marry,... be heterosexual,.. have children,.. be Christian,.. be conservative,..
I suppose we should all look like you and dress like you, and listen to the same music as you...
And women should not be able to choose based on their own beliefs,... they should be forced to follow yours...
... and only people that conform to your beliefs should be allowed to marry...
Get over yourself...  you're not my god... and neither is your God...

I will selfishly live my own life,.. and you can selfishly live yours...
All decisions are selfish...
If I choose to give a bum $5.00 or donate to St. Judes... it is selfish..  because I will do it to make my world better...
If I choose to pick up garbage people have dropped in the park,.. I do it because I will feel better about the park being cleaner...
If I choose to help an old person carry groceries,.. it's because I'm making the world I'd like to live in...
So, all acts are selfish...
There is no such thing as an unselfish act...

But,...there are good acts, and bad ones...
A good act will benefit others... a bad act, will hurt someone...
Do you ever consider this?...  
I don't see evidence of it in your posts...
Maybe you should consult your god and see what he says about it...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 11/05/12 at 10:26:57

I will selfishly live my own life,.. and you can selfishly live yours...

i'm not asking you to do otherwise, i was just pointing something out.

I think you are selfish... You don't allow for any choices other than yours...  

and i'm not making choices for anyone.

And women should not be able to choose based on their own beliefs
never said that. you are putting words in my mouth.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #19 - 11/05/12 at 19:02:15

Formal Logic/Sentential Logic/Validity

<snip>

Validity for arguments, or logical consequence, is the central notion driving the intuitions on which we build a logic. We want to know whether our arguments are good arguments, that is, whether they represent good reasoning. We want to know whether the premises of an argument constitute good reason to believe the conclusion. Validity is one essential feature of a good argument. It is not the only essential feature. A valid argument with at least one false premise is useless. Validity is the truth-preserving feature. It does not tell us that the conclusion is true, only that the logical features of the argument are such that, if the premises are true, then the conclusion is. A valid argument with true premises is sound.
There are other less formal features that a good argument needs. Just because the premises are true does not mean that they are believed, that we have any reason to believe them, or that we could collect evidence for them. It should also be noted that validity only applies to certain types of arguments, particularly deductive arguments. Deductive arguments are intended to be valid. The archetypical example for a deductive argument is a mathematical proof. Inductive arguments, of which scientific arguments provide the archetypical example, are not intended to be valid. The truth of the premises are not intended to guarantee that the conclusion is true. Rather, the truth of the premises are intended to make the truth of the conclusion highly probably or likely. In science, we do not intend to offer mathematical proofs. Rather, we gather evidence.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 11/05/12 at 21:10:22

srinath wrote on 11/02/12 at 07:42:13:
Not just the govt. Its the whole loan system ... free $$$ if you go to college ... your college experience means you will have dorms like a 5 star hotel, have new football stadiums ...
Cool.
Srinath.

dorms like a 5 star hotel?? yeah, that'll never happen, the stadium thing is true though  Wink

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #21 - 11/05/12 at 23:53:32

LostArtist wrote on 11/05/12 at 21:10:22:
dorms like a 5 star hotel?? yeah, that'll never happen, the stadium thing is true though  Wink

Sports is god in college...

I stole a now famous basketball star's girlfriend in college...
Pretty scary romance,...   visions of David and Goliath.... Huh...
I lost an opportunity at a good job over that one... (touring as sports videographer)...  
Worth it though...   Grin...  

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/07/24 at 16:57:02

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › demographics

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.