Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Stand by your man, or like rats off a sinking ship (Read 60 times)
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Stand by your man, or like rats off a sinking ship
10/31/12 at 14:06:11

This is a transcript - not a 2 word sound byte.

KING: What else, Governor Romney? You’ve been a chief executive of a state. I was just in Joplin, Missouri. I’ve been in Mississippi and Louisiana and Tennessee and other communities dealing with whether it’s the tornadoes, the flooding, and worse. FEMA is about to run out of money, and there are some people who say do it on a case-by-case basis and some people who say, you know, maybe we’re learning a lesson here that the states should take on more of this role. How do you deal with something like that?

ROMNEY: Absolutely. Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that’s the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that’s even better.

Instead of thinking in the federal budget, what we should cut — we should ask ourselves the opposite question. What should we keep? We should take all of what we’re doing at the federal level and say, what are the things we’re doing that we don’t have to do? And those things we’ve got to stop doing, because we’re borrowing $1.6 trillion more this year than we’re taking in. We cannot…

KING: Including disaster relief, though?

ROMNEY: We cannot — we cannot afford to do those things without jeopardizing the future for our kids. It is simply immoral, in my view, for us to continue to rack up larger and larger debts and pass them on to our kids, knowing full well that we’ll all be dead and gone before it’s paid off. It makes no sense at all.

So - I guess we oughta privatize FEMA ... then pay those private people with ???

I seriously think Crisp Crispie needs to furiously back pedal from mitt the twitt, it actually is better for his political career and presidential aspirations if he does ... 4 years and he can be in the position of Mitt the Twitt and the country is sick of the Left ... perfect.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: Stand by your man, or like rats off a sinking
Reply #1 - 10/31/12 at 17:44:44

Various CNN correspondants asked twit about his "dismantle FEMA" remarks  15 times since the storm....he wouldn't answer. Grin  Grin

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 11/01/12 at 00:26:03

I remember when there was no Fema. I remember relief being sent into places by citizens from other states. Like when Wal-Mart TRIED to send help in after Katrina. Fema stopped their trucks, I remember the National Guard going in ( already on the payroll) & Red Cross with their vans. Americans we taken care of then. Why did we change it? Is it better than it was? IDK, I dont really see it, maybe, but I wouldnt know where to go to drag up data to make a real argument, one way or the other.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #3 - 11/01/12 at 08:43:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/01/12 at 00:26:03:
I remember when there was no Fema. I remember relief being sent into places by citizens from other states. Like when Wal-Mart TRIED to send help in after Katrina. Fema stopped their trucks, I remember the National Guard going in ( already on the payroll) & Red Cross with their vans. Americans we taken care of then. Why did we change it? Is it better than it was? IDK, I dont really see it, maybe, but I wouldnt know where to go to drag up data to make a real argument, one way or the other.

What you talking bout JOG ? There was FEMA after katrina ... just that they were not doing much, as was the Bush administration ...
They could have easily air dropped supplies, but the fools were afraid of hitting someone on the ground or some garbage like that ... truth ... Bush didn't care and neither did fema ... This time it has started out different ... but you never know what is going to take a turn for the worse when and where ...

BTW I question the wisdom of millions of people living on the ocean and then complaining when they get flooded ... dude you want to drag a lion down the street calling it your baby, that's your business, dont look to us for anything more than sympathy when it swats @ you one day. No it is not a reason to kill funding to FEMA ... its a reason to get those people to the middle of pennsylvania or somewhere like that unless they will not ask for federal $$ again. I dunno, cant keep building the same sheiete back in the same locations again and again.
How stupid are we.
Flood me once, shame ono you, flood me twice shame on me.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #4 - 11/01/12 at 09:46:08

srinath wrote on 11/01/12 at 08:43:41:
Flood me once, shame on you, flood me twice shame on me.

Cool.
Srinath.

This is going to be an increasing problem...  
Gov't subsidised insurance for beachfront McMansions is going to have to go away...
Once we all admit this is happening,.. we're going to have to adjust our coastlines,.. or Mother Nature will do it for us....
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 11/01/12 at 10:46:35

Like when Wal-Mart TRIED to send help in after Katrina. Fema stopped their trucks,

Really>? There was Fema after Katrina? Gee WHIZZ,, I wonder where my head was,, OHH yea,, I Mentioned them, right there. Dude,, you need to read.
I was talking about back in the day,m before fema, we had Nationaql Guard handling emergencies,, I cant believe you actually think youre so smart, & youre so completely unable to comprehend what is clearly written, Or do you so desperately need for me to be wrong that you refuse to admit what Im saying is even cogent thot?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 11/01/12 at 10:51:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/01/12 at 00:26:03:
I remember when there was no Fema. I remember relief being sent into places by citizens from other states.

Like when Wal-Mart TRIED to send help in after Katrina. Fema stopped their trucks, I remember the National Guard going in ( already on the payroll) & Red Cross with their vans. Americans we taken care of then. Why did we change it? Is it better than it was? IDK, I dont really see it, maybe, but I wouldnt know where to go to drag up data to make a real argument, one way or the other.

Yes you did say that JOG, but you should have done a line break between these 2 - like above. It is hard to see where the thought breaks into the next.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/01/12 at 10:54:14

Nope, its put together well enough for anyone to read & get it. BUT,, we Can have a poll & see how many were unable to understand that sentence or paragraph, if you like.,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 11/01/12 at 11:02:13

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/01/12 at 10:54:14:
Nope, its put together well enough for anyone to read & get it. BUT,, we Can have a poll & see how many were unable to understand that sentence or paragraph, if you like.,

I predict it will be razor close ... along party lines, and since I cant be bothered to mobilize my voter base I will lose.

Cool.
srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 11/01/12 at 11:12:11

Why bother to mobilize anything? I have no intention of pumping people for support, just post it, ask the question, I trust people to answer honestly, regardless of Dem Bub lines, or Board Friend support.,.Sounds like you dont, Its been my experience that people who think like that, do that.,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 11/01/12 at 11:14:25

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/01/12 at 11:12:11:
Why bother to mobilize anything? I have no intention of pumping people for support, just post it, ask the question, I trust people to answer honestly, regardless of Dem Bub lines, or Board Friend support.,.Sounds like you dont, Its been my experience that people who think like that, do that.,

Dude I have trouble connecting/disconnecting sentences vs thoughts when reading posts from people. You said nope its good, so OK.

I posted the party line comment only as a joke.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 11/01/12 at 11:19:47

No one is asking you to separate any thoughts. IN fact, they werent to be taken apart, they were tied together. Wal mart trucks were stopped by fema. Anyone I know would have gotten that..

& you seem surprised that I was unable to know what was in black & white was a joke. YOu expect of others more than what youre capable of?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #12 - 11/01/12 at 11:38:18

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/01/12 at 11:19:47:
No one is asking you to separate any thoughts. IN fact, they werent to be taken apart, they were tied together. Wal mart trucks were stopped by fema. Anyone I know would have gotten that..

& you seem surprised that I was unable to know what was in black & white was a joke. YOu expect of others more than what youre capable of?  

Dude this is the internet. AKA - the wild wild west.

You cannot annunciate in text. That's why they made punctuation.

However my joke also got lost. Probably cos I didn't put emoticons infront of it.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/07/24 at 16:49:45

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Stand by your man, or like rats off a sinking ship

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.