Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Re: Fema
Reply #45 - 11/03/12 at 19:13:00

It's like Sooopid....ah, I see it, 'ed' rather than 'id' ..typo, fixed.

It's not that you are stupid Web, I know that you are an intelligent person. It's that your posts are nonsense. Now be honest. Do you really believe the garbage you post? Or are you just playing us for amusement?

Anyway, or either way. There's no point in arguing your posts, or positions. Your mind is closed to all but what you hear on Reich Wing Radio or FAUX NOOZ.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 11/03/12 at 20:23:58

Yes I do believe.
and Star, saying you won't argue my post and following that up with Reich Wing Radio and Faux Nooz kinda says more about you than it does about me.  but you never have a comeback other than Faux News so it's expected.  Try coming up with good reasons why you think obamacare is going to be working as expected, say 5 years from now. Give me some examples you can point to that would lead me to believe the US government can pull this off...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 11/04/12 at 06:20:12

Ohh, Webby, you know the ONly reason you dont think it will work out for us is because the talking heads on the right said so. YOuve got no reasons of your own to doubt. The only reason you dont believe in it is because youve been told not to by Haters,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 11/04/12 at 06:42:43

Not true JOG. show me evidence from past experience where government has taken over something previously handled by the private sector and made it better, more efficient and less expensive. Show me just one. Now you can't find anything on the scale of healthcare since nothing the US has every taken on has been that large, but show me something.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #49 - 11/04/12 at 09:12:17

REally? Are you that easily confused? Have you not seen MY position on it?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #50 - 11/05/12 at 08:35:23

Starlifter wrote on 11/03/12 at 19:13:00:
It's like Sooopid....ah, I see it, 'ed' rather than 'id' ..typo, fixed.

It's not that you are stupid Web, I know that you are an intelligent person. It's that your posts are nonsense. Now be honest. Do you really believe the garbage you post? Or are you just playing us for amusement?

Anyway, or either way. There's no point in arguing your posts, or positions. Your mind is closed to all but what you hear on Reich Wing Radio or FAUX NOOZ.

No he really believes it, its just that he is really really wealthy.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #51 - 11/05/12 at 08:40:50

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/02/12 at 10:03:34:
Hallicrafter 38-B I think, I get nembers & letters wrong, Its a Halli, for sure, 5 tubes, brings things in okay, the discrimination isnt that good, tho.

Very good one. Keep it glowing in the dark sir. You on any other sites/fora for shortwave ? I wish I could have more time and play with these more ... I dont think in the last month I ever even turned it on.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #52 - 11/05/12 at 16:54:09

srinath wrote on 11/05/12 at 08:40:50:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/02/12 at 10:03:34:
Hallicrafter 38-B I think, I get nembers & letters wrong, Its a Halli, for sure, 5 tubes, brings things in okay, the discrimination isnt that good, tho.

Very good one. Keep it glowing in the dark sir. You on any other sites/fora for shortwave ? I wish I could have more time and play with these more ... I dont think in the last month I ever even turned it on.
Cool.
Srinath.

Nope,, IDK of any shortwave forums, if you have a link, Id appreciate it,

Im hunting a better radio, but I dont want something small. I like being able to walk over & reach up & just spin the dial with one finger & the radio doesnt move. I prefer the radial dial over the long straight line. They are slow to get the tuner from one end to the other. Mine sits out in the shop & I listen while Im piddling, sometimes China English Hour, sometimes Hate Radio. I get tired of hollering Liar at it, tho, I even listen to foreign stuff, just to see if I can understand Anything they say.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #53 - 11/06/12 at 06:42:04

All of the ones I have seen are plenty heavy, but I am also very partial to old units. I also dont know of any sites other than the loose "fan" site.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #54 - 11/07/12 at 06:48:01

Well,, pop anything up, If I dont get what I need, I wont go back,
I sure do want a better radio, Hallicrafters made some with 18 or 19 tubes, Might not be able to keep that running, tubes are getting scarce.
I wish I knew someone who had a good one for sale, I bought 3 off of Ebay before I got one worth having fixed up. & when UPS got it to me, it was all bent up, but I fixed that & sent it off to be recapped & tuned. so, Ive really got about $350.00 in this old radio, counting sending it off to get fixed twice in the last 9 or 10 years,& now, Its boxed up, ready to ship, again.,

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #55 - 11/07/12 at 06:56:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/07/12 at 06:48:01:
Well,, pop anything up, If I dont get what I need, I wont go back,
I sure do want a better radio, Hallicrafters made some with 18 or 19 tubes, Might not be able to keep that running, tubes are getting scarce.
I wish I knew someone who had a good one for sale, I bought 3 off of Ebay before I got one worth having fixed up. & when UPS got it to me, it was all bent up, but I fixed that & sent it off to be recapped & tuned. so, Ive really got about $350.00 in this old radio, counting sending it off to get fixed twice in the last 9 or 10 years,& now, Its boxed up, ready to ship, again.,

Yea you're probably darn good @ this. I wont send it anywhere and I dont know how to do it right, but I am lucky I got it in working shape.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #56 - 11/07/12 at 07:38:00

It took a full day of hunting, making calls, etc, to find someone in Texas who still works on old radios. The guy I usedd last time has stopped doing it, I tried finding a radio club, no go, Ham radio, yea, clubs everywhere, old radio clubs? Nope,,
Anyway, if you need service, you can find it, but you better hurry & get it all lined out while there are still people who can. I had all the old capacitors done in mine, & a bunch of old resistors, too,.
What radio is it you have?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #57 - 11/08/12 at 10:29:48

I do all of my work, I aint sending it nowhere sir.
I hope to be one of those craftsmen left in the world when everyone is an MBA.
I fix my own bikes ... even when I have no business doing so ... especially on the complicated crap ...
I fix my own electronics, HT to old 2 channel to shortwave to tube amps in 300 lb consoles. I got tons of all of em ... someone told me ... you can fix a new HT receiver the other crap is all a bad joke ... except I only fix HT sheiete when it turns out I can. If not, its a paper weight and I am glad to use it as such ... not so with old audio stuff.

I gutted one of those massive consoles couple years ago, it was pristine ... just didn't have the room for it ... I opened it and took out the amp and set it on the sidewalk saying free. It was pristine when I put it there. 2 weeks it sat there, got rain etc etc, till took it to the city dump. Very very sad.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 18:08:03

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Fema

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.