Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Fema (Read 330 times)
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fema
10/31/12 at 06:00:23

Seems Christie really likes Obama and the help he and fema are doing for the folks on the coast. i guess mitt wants to get rid of everthing that does not make the rich richer!

« Last Edit: 11/15/12 at 04:14:52 by Drifter »  
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Fema
Reply #1 - 10/31/12 at 06:11:15

I think Romney's position on FEMA is the states should take the lead as is currently underway in NJ and NY right now. Fema replies to the state leadership and not the otherway around. So, in that sense, yes, Romeny would end the current Fed version of FEMA, but as we're seeing now, isn't that a good thing?

If Romeny said something definitive earlier, maybe he's views have just 'evolved' like obama's views on gay marriage. won't you give him that benefit of the doubt?

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 10/31/12 at 06:22:37

Booooogus as usual.

Yes states can take over the FEMA functions, just as soon as the states can print their own currency.

Gay marriage is a social issue, not a fiscal issue. Evolve or not evolve, its something that is occouring to the country as a whole. Not just Obama.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #3 - 10/31/12 at 19:13:31

Billions of dollars in destruction in just two states from this storm...Heh, let the states handle this, let the churches feed and house the thousands, let the emergency rooms treat the casualties, let the private sector do the rebuilding and let those who lost everything pay the bills from the private sector...what a fool the twit is. Oh yeah, and he doesn't believe global warming AKA climate change is real....snort.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 11/01/12 at 00:43:04

Everybody knows the climate is changing, question is Why.,. Why did we stop having an Ice Age? & why did this happen?

The Medieval Warm Period (MWP), Medieval Climate Optimum, or Medieval Climatic Anomaly was a time of warm climate in the North Atlantic region, that may also have been related to other climate events around the world during that time, including in China,[1] and other countries[2][3][3][4][5][6][7] lasting from about AD 950 to 1250.[8] It was followed by a cooler period in the North Atlantic termed the Little Ice Age. Some refer to the event as the Medieval Climatic Anomaly as this term emphasizes that effects other than temperature were important.[9][10]

Despite substantial uncertainties, especially for the period prior to 1600 when data are scarce, the warmest period of the last 2,000 years prior to the 20th century very likely occurred between 950 and 1100, but temperatures were probably between 0.1 °C and 0.2 °C below the 1961 to 1990 mean and significantly below the level shown by instrumental data after 1980. The heterogeneous nature of climate during the Medieval Warm Period is illustrated by the wide spread of values exhibited by the individual records.[11] Warmth in some regions appears to have matched or exceeded recent levels of warmth in these regions, but globally the Medieval Warm Period was cooler than recent global temperatures.[8]

Yea, they say it was lower then, maybe it was, but there are signs of vineyards & wine making further North than can be done today in Europe.
The Climate does change. Been doin it for weeks now.,Ice caps on Mars melting, the Sun is acting up. Has no one noticed there is Always a Boogey Man,? Always something gonna Gitchya if ya dont do what someone wants. & WHAT do they Want? A Carbon Tax,, They dont want to do anything but take your darn MONEY.. The science that "proved" the case? Wanna see the raw data they used? They Destroyed it! The EFFIN De Frikken STROYED the raw data! & Climate Gate? That seriously hurt that religion,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/01/12 at 05:07:11

let the states handle this,
not a surprise here, but you are as usual mis-stating someoe's plan. states managing the crisis as they are doing now is preferable to the feds managing the crisis.

funny that you are all over this, but a complete failure and coverup leading to 4 dead people including our ambassador and you are silent as a mouse.....

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 11/01/12 at 05:58:43

WebsterMark wrote on 11/01/12 at 05:07:11:
let the states handle this,
not a surprise here, but you are as usual mis-stating someoe's plan. states managing the crisis as they are doing now is preferable to the feds managing the crisis.

funny that you are all over this, but a complete failure and coverup leading to 4 dead people including our ambassador and you are silent as a mouse.....

Yes we are silent on that, or rather we are saying Repug's cut funding to security and caused that to happen. Not silent.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 11/01/12 at 10:50:35

I Totally addressed your Lame POsition that because of funding cuts no one could respond to an EMERGENCY call for help, What is allowed, in the budget, for day to day security is one thing. What Can be done in an emergency is quite another & this whining crying load of crap excuse is just so lame its disgusting.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 11/01/12 at 11:48:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/01/12 at 10:50:35:
I Totally addressed your Lame POsition that because of funding cuts no one could respond to an EMERGENCY call for help, What is allowed, in the budget, for day to day security is one thing. What Can be done in an emergency is quite another & this whining crying load of crap excuse is just so lame its disgusting.

The emergency occoured and was a massive gun battle in minutes and was done in an hour. So you had funding you were going to release when that was happening ?

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #9 - 11/01/12 at 11:51:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 11/01/12 at 10:50:35:

Also I should say I have not read all of your or many other people's posts for that matter on the other 3 threads about the libya deaths.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #10 - 11/01/12 at 16:45:56

Those four deaths, over and over and over. Talk about beating a dead horse. Those guys volunteered to go there as the pay was very good.

Four people probably died this week in construction work, in the military, fire fighters, the list goes on. You choose a risky job you take on the risk.

But hey, you anti-government types want to eliminate OSHA, FEMA, deny American's health care, eliminate food stamps, do everything you can to hurt your fellow Americans...but there is no end to your crying and concern for those four guys.

You don't give a rat's butt about those four guys, it's just another jab at Obama, and a plug for your man mittnitwit. You aren't fooling anyone with your fake hand-wringing.

You're hell-bent on all but eliminating government, but you cry "why didn't the govt. do more, why didn't they spend more on security for those four guys".

JOG and Web, the depth of your hypocrisy is mind boggling. Get real.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 11/01/12 at 18:17:19

No idea what this has to do with FEMA,.. but,.. realistically speaking,.. 20 more Marines stationed at that embassy would have been 20 more dead,.. when RPG's were fired into the building...
Not to say there would have been more there if Rom/Ry were in charge anyway... Ryan voted to cut staffing at embassies....
I call election year, hyped up, issue hunting, political BS...
RPG's were routinely launched into the "green zone" in Iraq, where thousands of US soldiers were stationed and on guard with anti- aircraft guns, snipers, artillery, and air support...
... and revenge on the guilty parties requires local cooperation,.. not blanket aggression...
I like Obama's calm, steady hand at the helm,.. over some chickenhawk, neocon, Rambo...

Thousands dead on 9-11,... many more thousands in Iraq,... and thousands again from Katrina,... and these 4 deaths suddenly have your dander up?...
Politics.... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 11/01/12 at 18:39:34

and these 4 deaths suddenly have your dander up?...

Me? SUDDENLY?? Ive been raging about 9/11 & the wars forever,, did ya miss it?
I see this as a Mis Handled situation causing the death of 4. Its MY OPINion,, OOOO Pinion,, that there was sufficient time between the first call for security & the attack to do as Ive said about 3 times now & Im not typ9ing it all again,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #13 - 11/01/12 at 19:07:21

Not you, JOG... I know your dander's always up... Grin...

I meant Webby...

For you, JOG...  I agree,.. climate is cyclical... and we are likely on an up trend,.. that will feed the ocean climate makers, and eventually cause an ice age...
... but,.. the point is,.. we should acknowledge that this is happening,. and that we should prepare for it, financially, and through modifications to infrastructure...
And,... being that our behaviour might influence it to some degree... we should try to minimise the possibility of worsening this occurrence...
It might mean the difference of having 10 billion dollar damages in storms, or 50 billion dollar damages...
... or losing 2 miles of coast as opposed to 6 miles of coast,.. or even just 2 1/4 miles of coast.... it all cost money and lives...
Every degree,... every foot of sea level,... every acre of crops...

If your bike is overheating,.. you pick up hitch-hikers... Huh...
If your boat springs a leak,... you don't go for deeper waters...  Huh...

Peace, Wink...
Serow

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 11/01/12 at 19:39:19

Yep, criminal activity, criminal negligence, lies, cronyism, I stay bent outta shape at both sides,,

I guess if I walked between Bush & Bammy so there was less than a foot between me & each of them, Id just die. Ill bet 1/2 of my blood would flood into one arm & leg, 1/2 into the other & Id be ( Sorry,, I Gotta do it)
Bone Dry up the middle & in my head..I expect Id have an almost 100% body hickey. Just a strip of white from Junk to collar bone, with a pale white face & head. Yep, they suck equally & fiercely.. Well,, IDK,, Bush left quite a vacuum to fill, but Bammy is sure trying

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/16/24 at 12:03:05

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Fema

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.