Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
East coasters chime in! (Read 308 times)
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Re: East coasters chime in!
Reply #15 - 10/29/12 at 17:55:36

Paraquat wrote on 10/29/12 at 15:32:24:
Winds have picked up. Blew the hood off my head
--Steve

Geez Steve, at first I thot you were talking about your Savage - LOL.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #16 - 10/29/12 at 19:01:52

I'm originally from Long Beach on the South shore of Long Island N.Y., talked to family just a little while ago and they had 7 feet of water. Their three cars completely ruined from being flooded by salt water, and a basement with 4 feet of water after the tides receded. Yikes .....   Shocked   Luckily all are safe and fairly sound (can't be too sound they are related to me!)

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 10/29/12 at 20:05:58

Still alive. No more power flickers.
Just watching movies and hoping the highways are still on lock down so I don't have to go to work tomorrow.

--Steve

IP Logged
clearush

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Deer Park,TX
Reply #18 - 10/29/12 at 20:47:11

Being from Texas and lived through a few storms myself the hooha that people make over East Coast storms just plain tickles my funnybone  Grin come on people its just a freaking hurricane get over it already. Roll Eyes

seriously I always pray that its smaller than all the panic stricken reporters make it out to be  Wink

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 10/29/12 at 23:18:53

Anyone have any facts on New Jork? Im hearin some harsh business is goin on up that way,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #20 - 10/29/12 at 23:23:11

7 million without power...  
Shoulda' bought stock in candle wax... Huh...

The entire east coast will be vanilla scented... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #21 - 10/30/12 at 00:11:08

clearush wrote on 10/29/12 at 20:47:11:
Being from Texas and lived through a few storms myself the hooha that people make over East Coast storms just plain tickles my funnybone  Grin come on people its just a freaking hurricane get over it already. Roll Eyes

You ain't kidding. Every winter for the past 5 or so years we get these really annoying wind-storms over night that no one seems to pay any mind to even though they knock trees into houses and rip down power lines. But god forbid one little hurricane comes through and the sensationalist media makes a sh!t storm out of it. My Mother won't stop calling me to check in. Lake flood "warning" oh gimme a break. That's why we have breakwalls.

Sorry to the few in Long Island that have flooding but that's what happens when you live on the ocean.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 10/30/12 at 04:07:15

Looks like its gonna have some impact on the electioneering.. no 'lectricity for Millions,, Lucky Dogs! They wont be pummeled by lies from both sides for the next week,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 10/30/12 at 08:50:44

Some serious mess out there...
I can't help but picture,... some guy on a backloader just scanning the area, and saying,
"Well,...  I guess I'll start... here...."... Huh...
... or some guy from the electric company,.. wire cutters in hand...
"Well,... I'll start,... here..."...

Too vast to comprehend...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 10/30/12 at 13:08:37

Well I'm alive and well.
The worst damage was what I thought was a gutter, but was actually some flashing, ripped off my neighbors house and was flapping in the wind against my fence.

--Steve

IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #25 - 10/30/12 at 15:34:06

Sorry I haven't been around much lately, new job has been a biotch on my SS.com time.  WV got (are getting) a pretty good whooping with this storm. Wet, heavy snow, overall nasty day. Hubby drove me to work because I have one very un-fun hill to cross.  Snowed all day. Roads were mostly just slushy for the drive home.  Lots of trees down or broken, one good-sized limb in my driveway when I got home.  Water had been off sometime during the day, neighbor said main was busted down the road, but fixed quickly.  Cable had been out too, but is back. Never lost electric, but its not over yet!  One more day, we hear, but I'm good.

Take care all.

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
ToesNose
Serious Thumper

Pardon me, do you
have Hot Sauce?

Mooresville, NC
Reply #26 - 10/31/12 at 04:52:30

Babyhog how much snow have you gotten where you are, I've seen reports of up to 2 feet in certain parts of WV so far!   Shocked

There are ski slopes that are going to be opening early this coming weekend I hear  Grin

The Suzuki LS650, bringing Miles of Smiles everywhere!
  IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #27 - 10/31/12 at 07:49:17

Wow!   They are saying $50bil in damages (probably a low est), 6 million folks still without power, and many of those without water too.   I can't even imagine being in devastation like that, and then losing my home on top of it.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #28 - 10/31/12 at 10:41:22

Yea Toes, some of our higher elevation areas did get a couple feet of snow.  I swear I heard one town got 38", but don't quote me on that.  I'm near Charleston, and although it snowed hard and long, it has stayed in the upper 30's and is lower 40's today, so it won't stick around long.  It was 80 just a week ago, so the ground is still warm.  The ski slopes will like it, until it hits 60 this coming weekend...

Here are some weather cams and info.  http://www.wsaz.com/blogs/brandonsblog/brandonbutcher/Expanded_Tracking_Tools...

The snow was so heavy and alot of our trees still had leaves on, so we had alot of trees fall.  Lots without power, including most of my family members.  Hubby and I have been lucky <knock on wood> and our power stayed on.  Haven't checked our camp yet, I hope we didn't have a tree knock the place down.  Might go check it this evening.  

~ 2006 Black, Big Crank battery, HD Softail muffler, engine guard/o-ring pegs, Spitfite windshield, custom mounted Saddlemen bags, Mustang seat! ~ oh, and Hairdo by Helmet! ~
  IP Logged
babyhog
Serious Thumper

Find a Cure for
Breast Cancer!
 NOW!!

WV
Reply #29 - 10/31/12 at 11:54:13

This pic is HUGE, so I'm only posting the link instead of the img, but I think its one pretty cool snow pic.  Got it from the page I linked it my last post...

It says "This is what 2-feet of snow looks like in Mount Nebo, WV"

http://mediacdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/375/1287/original.jpg

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 08:35:11

General CategoryThe Cafe › East coasters chime in!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.