Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Help!!! Carb problems I think? (Read 367 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Help!!! Carb problems I think?
Reply #15 - 10/27/12 at 21:00:08

Gotta wonder what makes some people tick,, Itd be nice to beat the crap out of some of them, but then youd just be standin next to an empty hunk O skin & wadin around in all the poo,, cuz thats all thats in some of people..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #16 - 10/27/12 at 22:26:54

Is it gettin' a little "Lord of the Flies" in here, or is it just me?...  Huh...

If,.. somebody's gettin' a Jolie Rouge by seeing us help a noob,.. so be it...
That's his problem... not ours...
Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 10/28/12 at 05:51:05

Hey, think of it as play rehearsals -- we are "polishing our act" by repeating the scene a few times.

In reading through our two previous rehearsal performances, we do have some "noise" factors and rough edges in our performances though.

In re-reading the various rehearsals I have noted a repeated flaw in our past performance
, we have a few helpful folks who keep offering advice that applies to other makes and types of motorcycles.   Heck, they even say this as they offer the advice.  

Mebbe we should try to keep all advice and examples strictly Savage related as them other brands and styles of bikes really don't apply to a Savage at all.  Ours is a pretty unique critter, so when helping a newbie we should keep our discussions aimed at his problem and not talk about "when I had my Ducati, it had sorta kinda like the same thing".

(see, nobody has had a Ducati except me and Lancer and Mescapatori so I picked me an example brand that doesn't upset any body since none of them guys participated in this one.  If I had said Honda at least four folks would perk up and act offended, if I had said Suzuki hell, most of you would have perked up and got mad at me.)

Next, on a long problem post -- first thing go to the newbie's personal info page and read his last 25 past posts.  You can get you some background on his bike that way.   You can also spot a ringer that way, as we have a problem troll that has been with us for over a year now -- he always refers back to previous things he has said though which according to his personal data don't exist as he is "a brand new newbie".

Lastly, eating crow -- if you spot a ringer and are WRONG, just pick that black nasty crow up and take a big old bite and spit you some black feathers out after you swallow.   Crow isn't that bad if it is relatively fresh, but that moldy old roadkill crow can sure sux rocks.

Now our troll buddy has a goal, to prove that he is real so I will have to munch me some nasty moldy crow.   This should prove amusing too.   I can ask for Pictures of His Bike and suchlike "problem related" items.   Hey, so can you.  Sometimes I think our troll buddy doesn't even have a Savage right now as he falls down when he has to provide any details of any kind.   He just ignores you and disappears for a few days to let everybody forget about the details that he owes.

==============

Serowbot, it's Halloween time, not Lord of the Flies time ......    Ghosts and Goolies and things that go Bump in the Night time.   Trick or Treat time, time to dress up and fiddle with your neighbor's house time.

Besides, whoever is holding the spear in Lord of the Flies time has a pretty crappy job, not to mention the pig don't like it very much either.

Cheesy     visions of Justin sitting there toasting the tip of a new whittled wooden spear tip in the camp fire to harden it up good, jest a thinking about him seating that smokin' hot tip up where the sun don't shine .....   muttering to himself   "Kill the pig, slash her throat, spill her blood, bash her head, make her dead"

you were right, the other one was Deliverance

« Last Edit: 10/28/12 at 13:12:52 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #18 - 10/28/12 at 11:32:14

Oldfeller - I was happy to see your mention of just "funnin" a little with these guys   its just a matter of time before I'm the target of these attempts at humor(bring it on)   hell, I'm the biggest screw-up that I know   but I can laugh at it   and if you can't laugh at yourself - maybe you're taking life too seriously   I've made a couple of posts(in response to yours) where someone might have taken offense   not my intent   but your comments inspire it(in a good way)  and I think that most see it that way     but what was that "sqeeeeeeeeel for me little piggy" thing  ?   have you been watching "Deliverance" again ?    Grin

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #19 - 10/28/12 at 13:07:09

Nope, that's how the choir boys killed the big sow pig -- a sharpened & fire hardened spear and a little "Deliverance" action while singing their famous camp fire choir chorus of ....

"Kill the pig, slash her throat, spill her blood, bash her head, make her dead"

Them little boys, they likes their little play games with sticks and stones and such.

Roll Eyes

But yep, you were right, that other one was Deliverance with Ned Beatty playing the pig ....

(I wuz all cornfuzed fer a minute as they sounded jest about the same, Ned Beatty and the old sow that is)

Grin

So, since we are brandishing spears and chanting, does that makes us like the lost choir boys ???

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 10/28/12 at 13:51:11

Being a little hard to help, thats one thing, asking questions that have been answered a buzzillion times, no biggee, comin in here, not needing anything, just pretending to own a Savage, asking questions, being impossible to help, just to waste our time? Thats not cool.,, plastic floats,, gimmee a beak,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #21 - 10/28/12 at 14:36:44

So, you know he'll be back.

Will you be able to detect him this time?

Hint:  Personal Information, bottom of the page, last 25 posts

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #22 - 10/28/12 at 18:05:42

Where do you get personal info?

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #23 - 10/28/12 at 18:39:22

Click on the persons name,.(like you are going to PM them)... That's their personal info page...
Then look down the page,... very bottom...

"Show the last 5,10 15 20 25 posts... Wink...

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #24 - 10/28/12 at 18:45:39

HEY! Thats cool! I did that on the Rowboat,, just the last 5 posts,

I dont see how thats gonna help a lot with some new name & only 1 or 2 posts, tho..

It was kinda fun readin Rowboats last 5 "contributions" to Hugh Manatee,,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #25 - 10/28/12 at 19:03:16

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/28/12 at 18:45:39:
It was kinda fun readin Rowboats last 5 "contributions" to Hugh Manatee,,

I do so love those Manatees... Huh...

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #26 - 10/28/12 at 23:36:56

Justin, this faux dude has been given like 20 total pages of posts on the same sort of issues -- when he reinvents himself he always wants to start out fresh as a zero knowledge newbie but then he suddenly wants to claim to have already done this and that -- items not mentioned in this new persona's past but he's suddenly replaced his vac hose and installed a fuel filter or halved his white spacer or checked his TEV diaphragm (items that reflect advanced troubleshooting but he's a virgin newbie, right?).

Also he always claims to understand everything, but when pressed makes very vague responses that indicate 1) he has never read the reference and 2) he never did the fix -- but he says he "I just did that" to get the BS to continue on to the next step.

This chronic dude has caused some troubleshooting guides to get refined a bit (Serowbot's Test is cleaner and neater now for example) and he has caused me to insist that we don't give a troubled newbie any more information until he has gotten back to us with the results of what he's already been told to do.

And really, apart from the trouble troll, we really did use to FLOOD a newbie with way too much stuff to do all at once, and they got confused.  And we got confused by ASSuMeing they had done what they were told to do (and they hadn't).   And it degenerated from there.

So, simplified clear stuff is the goal now, if it is carb/petcock related, start with Serowbot's test and THEN WAIT FOR THE RESULTS to come back before going anywhere else.   If a newbie isn't going to do a Serowbot Test right, he's not going to do anything more complicated no matter what you tell him to do.

================

Serowbot's Test also quickly separates out the "I'm just fishing around a bit for some info before taking it in to the dealership" types because they own no wrists and own no wrenches.    

But apparently there are more and more of them out there that come here just fishing for some sort of knowledge and some information on what it could be.

If they were honest, they'd still get help -- but to Justin's point people who are lying to us to keep us talking to you isn't a good way to be.

Someone who comes on here with a new bike with a nagging problem gets some good advice on how to deal with a warranty claim at a dealership.   They were honest, they got info on what they really needed to know.

Bullshitters tend to get what they asked for ..... stuff they can't or won't be able to use because it wasn't what they really needed.

I liked that one guy who came on and honestly said he was in college, had no time or place to work on his bike, had no tools at all of any kind and was totally broke.

Somebody in California rode over and helped him do it, as I recall.  

Honestly represented, honestly answered.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 08:33:27

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Help!!! Carb problems I think?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.