Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ARE LIBERALS TWICE AS SMART AS CONSERVATIVES? (Read 77 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
ARE LIBERALS TWICE AS SMART AS CONSERVATIVES?
10/25/12 at 20:11:17

Are liberals twice as smart as conservatives? It's hard to say. There are estimates of anywhere from one-and-a-half times as smart all the way up to five times as smart. A Pew research poll found that while 55% of scientists call themselves Democrats, only 6% call themselves Republicans. At the other end of the spectrum, the number of Tea Party members calling themselves liberals is slightly above 0.0%, while the number calling themselves conservatives is just under 100.0%

Liberals read a lot and are open-minded enough to listen to other viewpoints. If they put stock in the viewpoints of media figures, it's likely to be those of pundits from Public Radio and MSNBC where everyone has a college degree, and often an advanced degree. When conservatives read, it's the error-filled books written by school dropouts who host or appear on conservative radio and TV shows. Conservatives are closed-minded and delight in flagging liberal posts, or, failing that, resorting to name calling when confronted with evidence that conflicts with what they were told by Rush Limbaugh.

Liberals vote in their own interests. Conservatives vote the way they are told by the propagandists at Republican headquarters for policies that help only 1% of the people.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: ARE LIBERALS TWICE AS SMART AS CONSERVATIVES?
Reply #1 - 10/25/12 at 20:21:37

In a word, no,, I consider myself a conservative, because I am a Constitutionalist & Libertarian, & I have never scored below 138 on an IQ test, I know how the Fed works & how it impacts society. I can fix darn near anything short of an automatic transmission or a burned out lite bulb. I cook, clean & sew. Ive changed the frames on 2 pickups & neither came back with so much as a squeak or a rattle. I can fix copiers & cash registers, I have a backhoe & I do the maintenance on it. I can wire an outlet & frame up a room. I am no dummy. I can be wrong, & I can make an unwise decision in a heated moment, but given some time to look at a situation, Im pretty good at seeing thru the BS & making a good call.,I have very few people in my life I call friend.. Three, outside my family, in fact. I dont enjoy the company of foolish people. Nor do intellectually inadequate people enjoy mine.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/25/12 at 21:44:55

I'm skewing the average... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Midnightrider
Serious Thumper

Alliance Member

Winston Salem, NC
Reply #3 - 10/25/12 at 22:26:54

"I have very few people in my life I call friend.. Three, outside my family" JOG you have four!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 10/25/12 at 22:43:39

Well,, WOW! Thanks,, thats , well,, okay,, Im speechless, Smiley

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Drifter

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/26/12 at 05:15:50

I would guess most moderates and liberals can read, write and count past 10 know the difference between +and - and have TVs that have more than 3 channels 2 of which are fox news the other 700 club.

It seems consertives want everyone to act do and believe as they do if not we will force you the constitution only applies to them, women should be at home bare foot and pregnant with 8 on the ground and 4 to go.....you dont need no schoolin to make babies and dinner!

The biggest thing they are HYPOCRITES!  Do as we say not as we do!

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/26/12 at 05:24:03

The first thing than came to mind when reading this is that this is a well written and well formed couple of paragraphs. This was confusing because coming from Star, who is a well known and stupid liberal, (a particularly stupid liberal) that would seem to directly contradict the premise of the statement. So, a quick Google search reveals that once again, Star cuts and paste writings from someone else without putting them in italics or otherwise indicating they are not his original words. (This is a favorite tool of our current Vice President; Joe Biden)

So; defense exhibit number 1 against this hypothesis is a liberal who is unable to form coherent sentences; (again, see VP Biden) will take the words of others and make them seem as if they are his own.  If you want to call that a sign of higher intelligence, go ahead.

it's likely to be those of pundits from Public Radio and MSNBC where everyone has a college degree, and often an advanced degree. When conservatives read, it's the error-filled books written by school dropouts who host or appear on conservative radio and TV shows.

Now, setting aside any discussions about IQ, the above comments reflect what is a stalwart attitude for liberals. Advanced degrees make someone special. School dropouts are losers, etc..  One of the best con jobs ever perpetrated on the American public is that liberal Democrats look out for the little guy. Nothing could be further from the truth. They have nothing but distain and disgust for the ‘great unwashed’ as evidenced by what was written in the paragraph above. The liberals in public office and the media today with their advanced degrees think non-degreed, those in the military etc… workers exist to serve them, nothing more. They are the Elois and everyone else, are Morlocks.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 10/26/12 at 16:07:15

I'm so crappity smackin' smart when I walk into a room filled with smart people I make them feel crappity smackin' retarded.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #8 - 10/26/12 at 18:52:27

Yes they are, however for a repug, being stoopid is what makes them electable ...
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #9 - 10/26/12 at 20:09:00

Webster, why are so very desperate to spread lies, hate, propagandaand personal attacks on this site?? I have had enough of you and your crap and so I will be nailing your ass to to the wall for every lie, hate and nonsense you spout from this point on.

You seem to be semi-intelligent so what is up with all of your lies, half-truths, and nonsense?? I'm reluctant to say this...but YOU my friend and persons of your ilk are what is destroying America from the inside out. You are a vile person, something nasty that I would scrap off of the bottom of my shoe with revulsion.

Any party, who viciously attacks women, children, veterans, working people, the disabled, the helpless, the sick, seniors, homosexuals, transgenders, all minorities and furry little things (the environment) deserves political extermination. They hide behind the flag and use fake religion to promote evil, division and hatred. The GOP is not pro life they are pro death.

They (you) have proved to be the enemy of the vulnerable. If they get their way on Medicare many senior will go bankrupt and die. That is because Mittwit supports turning Medicare into a coupon program for everyone not just the ones under 55. But they won't say that until the get power.

I grew up learning about a Jesus Who loved "the least of these," and hung out with the outcast and the downtrodden and the sick and the shunned, and Who drove the koch brothers of His day OUT of the Temple (instead of bowing and scraping to them).

It hurts me deeply to see the country I love co-opted by hooting yahoos (like you) whose fundamental basis for their discontent is that there's a black guy in the Oval Office and he's not the janitor. And I hate what that says about our country. I hate their divisiveness. I hate their racism. I hate their intolerance. I hate their nosy fundamentalist crap, their jackbooted stomping on those less fortunate, their sexism, their shoving their narrow religious views down our throats, and in women's cases, up our vaginas, while yowling and whining about tyranny and no freedom and how they want their America back.

They (you)are the single worst, most disgraceful, most UN-Christian, most damaging influence in our country. I wish they'd all go move to Somalia. It's the kind of nation they dream of! And leave our beautiful, open, inclusive, tolerant America to the rest of us. They are a disease, a cancer on America, and I wish they'd all shut up and disappear.

They (you) have absolutely no redeeming human value. The Republicans hate the American people who do no fit into their pigeon hole, and so do you.

They (you) thrive on the worst fears and lowest instincts and have exploited the great dumbing down of America with pride. Their well funded propaganda network would make Goebbels blush.

We are up against the worst and most greedy scumbags this nation has ever produced.

When they're down we have to keep heels on their necks and never let up until their toxins are expunged from our government.

They are not the solution to any of our problems. THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.

I grew up respecting republicans until thingy Nixon came along as President. He turned down a deal in 1969 on Vietnam and took the same deal in 1973, but that added god only knows how many more dead, wounded, and suffering families. At one time we had some wonderful Republicans who loved America and had kind hearts but those days are long gone.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 10/26/12 at 21:58:51

Strange,, IIRC, seems to me America started its decline as the Progressives started gaining traction,

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #11 - 10/26/12 at 22:06:06

Progress happens,... Progressives just keep up...
You can't stop the world...
America isn't in a bubble,...  USSR tried to keep the doors closed... that don't work...
If you want this country to remain as a leader,... you have to accept that things must evolve, to keep up...
What is the opposite of progress?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 10/26/12 at 23:23:24

Im still not buyin the BS of the cold war,, tell me,, if you wanted to put someone in a position where they wouldnt start a war, how many times would you need to be able to Destroy The World?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 10/27/12 at 05:33:43

Let me see Star; you started off this post by saying people who think the opposite of you are stupid etc.., and I’m the intolerant one?...

you are too funny......

Oh, let me correct that; you started this off by trying to pass off someone elses words as your own….

Sew;

When Rome slowly dissolved into nothingness, was that progress?
Would you can what’s happening in Greece progress?

Liberals and Conservatives need each other to fight it out. Change should be slow and painful, full of blood and tears. Otherwise, paths are taken that lead to destruction. The give and take must go on. We, as Americans and leaders of the free world, are obligated to continue this internal struggle. It's what keeps the world relatively safe.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/19/24 at 23:50:00

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › ARE LIBERALS TWICE AS SMART AS CONSERVATIVES?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.