Send Topic Print
motorcycle covers (Read 128 times)
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
motorcycle covers
10/25/12 at 11:04:22

I'm going to order a cover this weekend. As of now, with limited research, my choice is the Superior Guard 5L  by Just Motorcycle Covers   price is $79.50(regularly $137.06)   Has anyone used this product / or can anyone recommend another cover in the same price range ?

IP Logged
rodeoclown

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Glenview,Il
Re: motorcycle covers
Reply #1 - 10/25/12 at 13:36:14

I bought one from Farm and Fleet for 40 bucks it is water proof and really good quality, Classic motogear is the name

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 10/25/12 at 13:40:55

I just looked up that cover and it seems like a nice one.  It is important to get one that breathes if you are going to be using it outside.  If it doesn't breath - it can trap moisture underneath and makes things really damp.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
youzguyz
Serious Thumper

San Antonio, Texas
Reply #3 - 10/25/12 at 13:46:02

I've had surprising good performance from the Formosa Heavy Duty cover.  Lasted a couple years so far.. at least.

I had TrackSide before, and the lower part of the cover would rot out in a year, and the inner soft lining for the windshield started to deteriorate.

I keep my bikes outside, in all kinds of weather, with just the covers.

2002 - Silver (Thumper)
2000 - Green (Mad Hamish)
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Make sure yours isn't too tight or too loose.
  IP Logged
rodeoclown

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Glenview,Il
Reply #4 - 10/25/12 at 13:55:17

Safeguard your motorcycle from the elements with the Classic Accessories MotoGear Deluxe Motorcycle Cover. Made from UV-resistant ProtekX fabric, this cover offers protection from rain, sun, dirt, and pollutants. This all-weather motorcycle cover has dual air vents that reduce moisture inside. Elastic tie-down cords present in this Cruiser motorcycle cover keep the cover in place during windy weather. This sport bike cover is available in three sizes - small, medium, and large. The small one will be perfect for sports bikes, the medium one for cruisers, and the large one for touring bikes. When you are not using the cover, you can keep it in the provided storage bag. Get great value for your money with this durable motorcycle cover.
Classic Accessories MotoGear Deluxe Motorcycle Cover:
All-weather UV-resistant ProtekX fabric protects motorcycles from the elements
Dual air vents reduce inside moisture and keep cover in place during winds
Metallic heat shield fabric protects cover from hot exhaust pipes
Two hooked elastic tie-down cords and elasticized bottom hem
Lockable bottom

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #5 - 10/25/12 at 17:02:58

I really liked the Suzuki cover until I did the rake kit and had to get a bigger one.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #6 - 10/26/12 at 11:48:56

thanks for the replies - I keep my bike outdoors  under a roof   fenced and locked   however, if there are both rain and wind   it can reach the bike  also at times dust and sand can blast it    thus, I want to cover it(her)   Dave's comments range true   I was into musclecars from 1979-92   and I'll never forget the time someone took the cover off of his car after being outside for a couple of years   only to find severe rust    it would have been much better uncovered   it didn't "breath" well    holding the moisture in   I learned a lesson that day

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #7 - 10/26/12 at 11:52:12

Sand Will get under it. If the wind is shifting it, it will scrub paint. Toss an old sleeping bag over it, then cover it. & Yea, air that dude out regularly,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Doug B

I am, therefore I
think

Kennewick, WA
Reply #8 - 10/26/12 at 12:58:56

JOG  thanks   the more of your posts I read - the more I like   and not just on RSD   of course with over 17,000 of them(the most on this site ? )   you've been around the block a time or two   that thought on sand hadn't occurred to me   I will take your advice

IP Logged
Dj12midnit
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

If you'r here and
I'm here isn't this
our time?

Lynden Wa.
Reply #9 - 10/26/12 at 21:09:54

I wont use a cover seen to many bikes blow over when the wind hits the sail.

http://www.suzukiownersclub.net

2006 Progressive 412-4236C, Big Crank, TKat F\B, ME880 Rear.
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 10/26/12 at 22:19:19

17,000 posts tells me someone spends more time on the computer than actually riding but whatever you use for criteria...

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:33:51

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › motorcycle covers

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.