Rah, rah, rah, (Read 168 times)
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Rah, rah, rah,
10/24/12 at 06:51:34

Sisboom bah- I are a university student again. Time to get my coon skin coat and boater's hat out of mothballs.
I have been supply teaching for a group of schools that cater to group homes and teen detention centers for about 6 years, including summer school. We got a new principal who has decimated the program, pissed off all the contract teachers, and generally made a mess of things.
I was removed from their supply list, without notification or notification that I would be if I did not have special ed qualifications.
So I just finished registering and paying for a spec ed continuing ed course. $685.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Rah, rah, rah,
Reply #1 - 10/24/12 at 07:01:17

Wow,, they sure handled that well,, sheesh,, wouldnt ya expect just a LITle more humanity from them?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #2 - 10/24/12 at 07:09:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/24/12 at 07:01:17:
Wow,, they sure handled that well,, sheesh,, wouldnt ya expect just a LITle more humanity from them?

He did the same thing to the contract teachers who didn't have spec ed and immediately had grievances filed, so he was forced to keep them pending qualification. I am hoping the same thing will happen for me, as loosing that supply work is a big financial dent in my income.
And no, humanity toward supply teachers has never been the board's strong point.

white '07, Raask exh, Corbin seat, slipstreamer shie, Raptor, Routy's fwd controls, Baron tach, Frisco bars, Isogrips, Headlight and taillight modulators, Dial-a- jet, AME 9 deg chop kit, K&N air flt
  IP Logged
Blinky-FSO
Serious Thumper

Three Eyes Are
Better Than Two

Kentucky
Reply #3 - 10/24/12 at 07:35:25

The term "supply teacher" does not translate here in Kentucky. Is that something along the lines of an "on-call or substitute" teacher?

Coon skinned coat and boater hat? Yeah, sure. When you went to college if it was anything along the lines of what I experienced,it would be more like a tie dyed t-shirt and roach clip. But, i am just guessing.  Cool

2007 S40 (Sold)
2007 C50 (Sold)
1992 Honda GL1500
2014 Honda CTX700N
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #4 - 10/24/12 at 15:29:11

Blinky-FSO wrote on 10/24/12 at 07:35:25:
The term "supply teacher" does not translate here in Kentucky. Is that something along the lines of an "on-call or substitute" teacher?

Coon skinned coat and boater hat? Yeah, sure. When you went to college if it was anything along the lines of what I experienced,it would be more like a tie dyed t-shirt and roach clip. But, i am just guessing.  Cool

You guessed right.
My HS grad photo:

....and after a year of art college:

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 10/24/12 at 17:41:09

Hey arteacher, that second picture is awsome. As a product of the 60's I can really "dig" it.
Ya know, I'm only 65 miles west and 20 miles north of you, we should meet up and get together next summer. Maybe meet up in grand bend or somplace eh? Wink

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #6 - 10/25/12 at 03:44:55

Starlifter wrote on 10/24/12 at 17:41:09:
Hey arteacher, that second picture is awsome. As a product of the 60's I can really "dig" it.
Ya know, I'm only 65 miles west and 20 miles north of you, we should meet up and get together next summer. Maybe meet up in grand bend or somplace eh? Wink

That would be far out, man!

IP Logged
arteacher
Serious Thumper

Ride as if your
naked and invisable!

London ontario
Reply #7 - 10/29/12 at 13:57:42

arteacher wrote on 10/24/12 at 07:09:31:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/24/12 at 07:01:17:

He did the same thing to the contract teachers who didn't have spec ed and immediately had grievances filed, so he was forced to keep them pending qualification. I am hoping the same thing will happen for me, as loosing that supply work is a big financial dent in my income.
And no, humanity toward supply teachers has never been the board's strong point.

My union guy talked to the principal, who kicked it upstairs. Up shoot is: I'm back on the list.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #8 - 10/29/12 at 14:48:43

Yeah, hope it's not the black list.   Grin  jk

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 10/29/12 at 22:16:53

Well,, Awwrite!

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #10 - 10/29/12 at 23:31:28

arteacher wrote on 10/24/12 at 15:29:11:
You guessed right.
My HS grad photo: