Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
Why didnt the get more security? (Read 395 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Why didnt the get more security?
Reply #45 - 10/26/12 at 10:25:19

Heres the thing. A situation arose, people were asking, over & over, for security, it was denied, over & over,, now, why? YOu say it was stupidity, or arrogance, & it could have been, thats possible, BUT,, its a Hot Spot, its a war torn area & he did nothing, I see that as beyond stupid or arrogant. I see a possibility here that it was allowing a crisis to unfold in order to be able to justify a military response, & as you said, now we have to wait & see,, BUT, IF their cover story had held, Then, as I said, they would have been able to paint those people as crazy & deserving a good military invasion.,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #46 - 10/26/12 at 13:47:57

FAUX news? It aint news, its commentary, OPINION.. Fox is nothing more than GOP super pac media.. NO FACTS!

Used to look like a Greek God, now I look like a darned Greek!
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #47 - 10/26/12 at 21:56:58

Thats a bit much. Every "news source" has some factual basis for their reporting. If it was All lies, even the idiots would catch on.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 10/27/12 at 05:16:13

FAUX news? It aint news, its commentary, OPINION..
retread, that's nonsense.  are you telling me they are making up stories about what people who were there are telling them?
don't be dumb and buy into the Faux News crap. They are a ligit news source, just because they don't get down on their knees and bow to MSM. grow up.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 10/27/12 at 05:53:35

Star; this is how  you give credit to another author. Great comments below. I challenge anyone to argue against it.

Mark Steyn

‘We’re going to have that person arrested and prosecuted that did the video,” said Hillary Clinton. No, not the person who made the video saying that voting for Barack Obama is like losing your virginity to a really cool guy. I’ll get to that in a moment. But Secretary Clinton was talking about the fellow who made the supposedly Islamophobic video that supposedly set off the sacking of the Benghazi consulate. And, indeed, she did “have that person arrested.” By happy coincidence, his bail hearing has been set for three days after the election, by which time he will have served his purpose. These two videos — the Islamophobic one and the Obamosexual one — bookend the remarkable but wholly deserved collapse of the president’s reelection campaign.

You’ll recall that a near-month-long attempt to blame an obscure YouTube video for the murder of four Americans and the destruction of U.S. sovereign territory climaxed in the vice-presidential debate with Joe Biden’s bald assertion that the administration had been going on the best intelligence it had at the time. By then, it had been confirmed that there never had been any protest against the video, and that the Obama line that Benghazi had been a spontaneous movie review that just got a little out of hand was utterly false. The only remaining question was whether the administration had knowingly lied or was merely innocently stupid. The innocent-stupidity line became harder to maintain this week after Fox News obtained State Department e-mails revealing that shortly after 4 p.m. Eastern, less than a half hour after the assault in Benghazi began, the White House situation room knew the exact nature of it.

We also learned that, in those first moments of the attack, a request for military back-up was made by U.S. staff on the ground but was denied by Washington. It had planes and special forces less than 500 miles away in southern Italy — or about the same distance as Washington to Boston. They could have been there in less than two hours. Yet the commander-in-chief declined to give the order. So Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods fought all night against overwhelming odds, and died on a rooftop in a benighted jihadist hellhole while Obama retired early to rest up before his big Vegas campaign stop. “Within minutes of the first bullet being fired the White House knew these heroes would be slaughtered if immediate air support was denied,” said Ty Woods’s father, Charles. “In less than an hour, the perimeters could have been secured and American lives could have been saved. After seven hours fighting numerically superior forces, my son’s life was sacrificed because of the White House’s decision.”

Why would Obama and Biden do such a thing? Because to launch a military operation against an al-Qaeda affiliate on the anniversary of 9/11 would have exposed the hollowness of their boast through convention week and the days thereafter — that Osama was dead and al-Qaeda was finished. And so Ty Woods, Glen Doherty, Sean Smith, and Chris Stevens were left to die, and a decision taken to blame an entirely irrelevant video and, as Secretary Clinton threatened, “have that person arrested.” And, in the weeks that followed, the government of the United States lied to its own citizens as thoroughly and energetically as any totalitarian state, complete with the midnight knock on the door from not-so-secret policemen sent to haul the designated fall-guy into custody.

This goes far beyond the instinctive secretiveness to which even democratic governments are prone. The Obama administration created a wholly fictional story line, and devoted its full resources to maintaining it. I understand why Mitt Romney chose not to pursue this line of argument in the final debate. The voters who will determine this election are those who voted for Obama four years ago and this time round either switch to the other fellow or sit on their hands. In electoral terms, it’s probably prudent of Mitt not to rub their faces in their 2008 votes. Nevertheless, when the president and other prominent officials stand by as four Americans die and then abuse their sacrifice as contemptuously as this administration did, decency requires that they be voted out of office as an act of urgent political hygiene.

At the photo-op staged for the returning caskets, Obama et al. seem to have been too focused on their campaign needs to observe even the minimal courtesies. Charles Woods says that at the ceremony Joe Biden strolled over to him and by way of condolence said in a “loud and boisterous” voice, “Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?” One assumes charitably that the vice president is acknowledging in his own inept and blundering way the remarkable courage of a man called upon to die for his country on some worthless sod halfway across the planet. But the near-parodic locker-room coarseness is grotesque both in its inaptness and in its lack of basic human feeling for a bereaved family forced to grieve in public and as crowd-scene extras to the political bigshot. Just about the only formal responsibility a vice president has is to attend funerals without embarrassing his country. And this preening buffoon of pseudo-blue-collar faux-machismo couldn’t even manage that.

But a funny thing happened over the next six weeks: Obama’s own cue balls shriveled. Biden had offered up a deft campaign slogan encompassing both domestic and foreign policy: “Osama’s dead and General Motors is alive.” But, as the al-Qaeda connections to Benghazi dribbled out leak by leak, the “Osama’s dead” became a problematic boast and, left to stand alone, the General Motors line was even less credible. Avoiding the economy and foreign affairs, Obama fell back on Big Bird, and binders, and bayonets, just to name the “B”s in his bonnet. At the second presidential debate, he name-checked Planned Parenthood, the General Motors of the American abortion industry, half a dozen times, desperate to preserve his so-called gender gap. Yet oddly enough, the more furiously Obama and Biden have waved their binders and talked up Sandra Fluke, the more his supposed lead among women has withered away. So now he needs to enthuse the young, who turned out in such numbers for him last time. Hence, the official campaign video (plagiarized from Vladimir Putin of all people) explaining that voting for Obama is like having sex. The saddest thing about that claim is that, for liberals, it may well be true.

Both videos — the one faking Obamagasm and the one faking a Benghazi pretext — exemplify the wretched shrinkage that befalls those unable to conceive of anything except in the most self-servingly political terms. Both, in different ways, exemplify why Obama and Biden are unfit for office. One video testifies to a horrible murderous lie at the heart of a head of state’s most solemn responsibility, the other to the glib shallow narcissism of a pop-culture presidency, right down to the numbing relentless peer pressure: C’mon, all the cool kids are doing it; why be the last hold-out?

If voting for Obama is like the first time you have sex, it’s very difficult to lose your virginity twice. A flailing, pitiful campaign has now adopted Queen Victoria’s supposed wedding advice to her daughter: “Lie back and think of England.” Lie back and think of America. And then get up and get dressed. Who wants to sleep with a $16 trillion broke loser twice?

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #50 - 10/27/12 at 07:25:11

Simple opinion.. Not facts.. If you get your news and facts from blogs, and conspriracy therorists, you only get what they want to portray..

Asked whether the administration's shifting explanation for the September 11 strike reflected the intelligence he was receiving, Obama replied: "What's true is that the intelligence was coming in and evolving as more information came up.

"And what is true," he continued, "...This is something that the American people can take to the bank—is that my administration plays this stuff straight. We don't play politics when it comes to American national security," the president said. "As information came in we gave it to the American people. And as we got new information, we gave that to the American people."

When and if the location of those behind the attack is known, Smerconish asked, "Will you take that person out without regard for the election timetable?"

"Absolutely," Obama replied. "But I think our goal would be to bring them to justice."

Questions have arisen about Obama's response to the Arab Spring occurring in countries across the broader Middle East. State Department officials have acknowledged turning down requests for more security in Libya. And Republicans have questioned the president's truthfulness after the administration spent days, they say, blaming the assault on reaction to an Internet film that ridicules Islam. Yahoo News reported in late September that American officials had concluded on Day One that terrorists were behind the siege. But The Wall Street Journal reported on Monday that Obama's presidential daily brief from the CIA tied the assault to a spontaneous protest linked to the video—despite intelligence contradicting that scenario.

Asked whether he knew Americans in Libya had asked for more security, Obama replied: "I was not personally aware of any request. Obviously we have an infrastructure that's set up to manage requests like that," in reference to the State Department.

"But we're going to find out exactly what happened," he said. "Ultimately, though, any time there is a death of an American overseas, I want to find out what happened, because my most important job as president is keeping the American people safe."

"And we will get to the bottom of what happened, and we're going to make sure most importantly that those who carried it out, that they are captured," Obama said.

He also said he takes "full responsibility" for the circumstances in the attack, in which Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans were killed. The suspects have not been publicly or conclusively identified, though Egyptian officials say a man suspected to have been involved was killed on Wednesday in a shootout in the capital, Cairo.Olivier Knox, Yahoo! News

Now you can go to your blogs, make believe sources, and build whatever fantasy you want in your head, but the truth ahs never been clearer..

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #51 - 10/27/12 at 07:34:48

Obama replied: "What's true is that the intelligence was coming in and evolving as more information came up.

the information that was already in cried out for intervention. That part of the evolution was complete.

is that my administration plays this stuff straight. We don't play politics when it comes to American national security,"

that is an opinion and all evidence has shown that in fact, obama does play politics, otherwise why the continued blame game on the video?

sorry Retread, but you are on the wrong end of the truth here.  Best you punt now and save youself for another battle.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #52 - 10/27/12 at 08:42:08

You believe in tha magic Faux conspiracy, I have better things to do.. When things are as plain as the nose on your face, you take things at face value... A man tells you he takes full responsibility, he tells you of the situation as it unfolds, and its still a dirty plot, meant to defraud the American people! How stupid is that??? Really?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #53 - 10/27/12 at 17:56:31

A man tells you he takes full responsibility, he tells you of the situation as it unfolds, and its still a dirty plot, meant to defraud the American people! How stupid is that??? Really?

glad to hear  you say that Retread. I'm sure Bush is glad to hear you supported him in the WMD situation.

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #54 - 10/27/12 at 21:23:03

BIG difference, Bush never took responsibility for that or 9/11..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #55 - 10/27/12 at 23:11:58

Did you know,... Obama is gay?... and killed his gay lover?...
He was born in Kenya...
He's an "apologist"...
He's stupid,... he only got to be president of the Harvard Law Review by affirmative action...
He works for the French...
... and the Arabs...
He only killed Bin Laden, to look good during re-election...
... but, he didn't really kill him...
"cause he's really a Muslim...
... from Kenya...
He needs to learn how to be an American...
... or pretend to be...

Disagree with policies or philosophies... but, don't let Faux News lead you by the nose with their silly theories...
No, president,... none... would let an embassy be overrun, and allow people to die,... for funzies...
... especially, during an election year...
How stupid must you be?...
Dare I ask?... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #56 - 10/28/12 at 06:04:56

are you suggesting Fox News has said these things about Obama? I doubt that, however, I could come up with a similar list that it's highly likely MSNBC has said about Romney.

No president? Really? Are you an 'oil for blood' guy? Dumb a$$ Star things Bush was in on 9/11? Are you like that too?

Retread: are you saying Bush had something to do with 9/11?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 10/28/12 at 06:44:48

No, president,... none... would let an embassy be overrun

IP Logged
Retread

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 10/28/12 at 06:46:11

I'm saying he ignored eight months of national security notices... 9/11 followed, where was the outrage when 3K+ people died? Not a word was said, in fact when anyone even suggested the reasoning for the attack they were run out of town on a rail..

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #59 - 10/28/12 at 06:47:21

No, president,... none... would let an embassy be overrun
besides, what if one did? what if obama did do that? who would know without Fox News? Should Woodward and Berstein just said, aw hell, the President said he did know anything so lets just forget about it.....

you guys gotta get off your Faux News crap. besides, as has often been pointed out, Fox News is around because of NBC's etc... failures.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/17/24 at 22:16:47

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why didnt the get more security?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.