Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Suzuki wouldn't build it, so I did. (Read 625 times)
PerrydaSavage
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Riding "The
Rock"!

Republic of Newfoundland
Re: Suzuki wouldn't build it, so I did.
Reply #15 - 10/22/12 at 14:50:33

Lovely job with the S40 "Brit Single"! Well done!! Smiley

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by arseholes!
WWW   IP Logged
Big John
YaBB Newbies

Savage: the new Old
Brit!

Reply #16 - 10/23/12 at 20:41:14

Hey Carl.  Very nice job.  You captured the Old Brit look very well.

Too bad Suzuki won't build one.

A couple of questions, if you don't mind.   Are the mid controls fabricated by you are are they from RYCA?  Also, where did you get that great looking Lucas style taillight?  

Big John
  IP Logged
irondad01
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Osceola Mills, PA
Reply #17 - 10/24/12 at 15:24:14

Hi Big John,
 I built the mid controls myself using as much of the stock stuff as I could. The plates under the back of the engine ended up a lot like Ryca's. I just held things up and stared at them a lot until I figured out how to mount them. If you keep the pivot for the brake right under the pivot for the swing-arm there's no change in the adjustment as the wheel goes up and down. Mine doesn't clear the stock exhaust but I knew I was building my own pipe, so that is something you would have to watch.  On the left side I just swung the stock shifter around and it ended up in a pretty good spot.
 I got the tail light from Royal Enfield. Their parts store is NField Gear. It seems to be pretty good quality so far.
 Carl

IP Logged
Big John
YaBB Newbies

Savage: the new Old
Brit!

Reply #18 - 10/26/12 at 08:30:06

Yes, I understand about sitting and staring at it until you can figure out what to do.  I am doing the same with my center stand project.  Not as simple as it looks.  I have done a lot of cutting and welding to get it right.  

I looked at the Enfield website.  It looks like surplus stuff from the Indian RE production.  Interesting stuff.  Very different.  

I guess you live in PA?  Looks like fall is coming soon in your area.  

I plan to take some pics of my bike and post them to the Projects section soon.  Your bike is an inspiration to me as I too grew up on British bikes.  I still have a couple of pictures of my '55 Matchless 500 single from 1958 when I was in High School.  The Savage reminds me of the Matchless, although the Savage is a better bike. Smiley

Big John
  IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #19 - 10/26/12 at 16:58:38

Real nice. Love the fenders.

IP Logged
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Reply #20 - 10/26/12 at 19:29:29

Am I missing photos or something?  I've been wanting to see this bike that everyone's drooling over, but haven't ever seen a photo in this thread.  :'(

IP Logged
Cavi Mike
Serious Thumper

Thumper n00b

Rochester, NY
Reply #21 - 10/26/12 at 20:04:34

MiCTLaN wrote on 10/26/12 at 19:29:29:
Am I missing photos or something?  I've been wanting to see this bike that everyone's drooling over, but haven't ever seen a photo in this thread.  :'(

I assume you're in a country where you can't see images from that hosting site and you're using FireFox which doesn't show place-holders for images that don't work - it just looks like there are no pictures. Yes, there are tons of pictures in here.

IP Logged
MiCTLaN

O_o

Winter Haven, FL
Reply #22 - 10/26/12 at 21:13:47

Cavi Mike wrote on 10/26/12 at 20:04:34:
I assume you're in a country where you can't see images from that hosting site and you're using FireFox which doesn't show place-holders for images that don't work - it just looks like there are no pictures. Yes, there are tons of pictures in here.

Chrome, actually, and in the US.  They seem to load in IE, Firefox and Safari... just not Chrome.  Now that I can see them I can see they're being shared from Facebook, so there's a good chance it's a plugin that I have loaded which 'cleans up' Facebook for me.  Weird.  Thanks for the heads-up Cavi Mike.

Anyway, now that I've seen the pics, nice ride irondad01!  Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 16:25:00

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Suzuki wouldn't build it, so I did.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.