Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Food Stamp President (Read 188 times)
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
The Food Stamp President
10/19/12 at 21:27:20

He's not of course.

...BUT

Did you know that giving Food Stamps is one of the best investments a government can make because food stamps are cash, and they are spent immediately. The money goes right into circulation where it's paid out for merchandise, paid out for salaries, taxed, spent and spent again.

This money MULTIPLIES. Everyone benefits because when there's money in circulation, there's DEMAND. When there's demand, there's production.

It's not rocket science.

Proud to be everything the right-wing hates.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: The Food Stamp President
Reply #1 - 10/19/12 at 21:34:42

That you believe that is sufficient evidence that I now know trying to get you to grasp how an economy works is impossible,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 10/20/12 at 07:14:11

JOG you do have a point ... however like Mitt the twitt anchor baby Romney himself says, the economy is still in doldrums ... taking people's food stamps away in that situation, you might as well line em up and shoot them.

Clintstone sent a lot of welfare people back to work ...
But ...
The economy was running in the low 3% for unemployment. The people tha twere un welfare then, had got habituated to that and had to be kicked off welfare. Then it made sense.
So you can post all about the "Obama food stamp president" to most people that sounds like he is a normal empathetic president cos the economy is bad.
Mitt the rich twerp Romney wanting to kick people off welfare just reeks of "If they dont have bread, why dont they eat cake".

Unemployment in the 3% range = welfare to work.
8%, sadly you need to keep em on welfare.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/20/12 at 09:53:21

srinath wrote on 10/20/12 at 07:14:11:
you might as well line em up and shoot them.

Can't wait.

srinath wrote on 10/20/12 at 07:14:11:
Clintstone sent a lot of welfare people back to work ...

So did Hitler.

A lot of "these people" don't want jobs. They are perfectly content to lounge around and achieve nothing. And don't tell me I'm wrong on that one.
So much so, in fact, that even the check out girl at Stop and Shop felt the need to comment on how busy her day was on "Food Stamp Thursday".
http://www.city-data.com/poverty/poverty-New-Britain-Connecticut.html
I thought I read an article saying we had the honor of being the #1 poorest but I do believe we are 3rd or 4th in current totals.

--Steve

IP Logged
00savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Franklin, PA
Reply #4 - 10/20/12 at 18:13:15

paraquat.   I agree completely!!! I am a meat cutter (20 years in the biz) the store I work at has a "legendary" 2-day sale (that's how they advertise it) every month that coincides with food stamp day. These people DO NOT want to work. They have generations of them raised on food stamps. It's become a lifestyle. Some of them even refer to it as payday!!! They are the rudest cutomers we get. They treat the employees like crap, like we owe them something!!! My taxes paid for your carts (yes  plural not singular) full of food I just custom cut their inch thick ribeye steaks and sold them 3 pounds of king crab legs... Why would they want to work??? They can sit on their a$$es and eat better than me!!!  Angry

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #5 - 10/20/12 at 18:21:20

"A lot of "these people" don't want jobs. They are perfectly content to lounge around and achieve nothing. And don't tell me I'm wrong on that one."

Are you suggesting Americans are too lazy to work? There are millions of jobless Americans who will gladly work but unfortunately their jobs are being sent off to China and India, or handed over to Mexicans who will work for slave wages doing stoop labor in beet fields...and there is not a DAMM thing they can do about it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #6 - 10/20/12 at 18:34:20

There are Some who would not work, there are some welfare families who have seen Grampa never work, dad never worked & the kids aint gonna either. & then we have the people who would happily hold a job, if they could find one. There are college grads who have not found a job in their field. Yea, some went to school for "Underwater Basket weaving" stuff, but there are qualified engineers out there,,
Its not digital, its not one or the other,, its humanity & it covers all kinds, the willing, the unwilling & the unable,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #7 - 10/20/12 at 18:42:46

"Paraquat.   I agree completely!!! I am a meat cutter (20 years in the biz)."

"Why would they want to work??? They can sit on their a$$es and eat better than me!!!"

Really 00Savage, really? You have been in the business for 20 years as a meat-cutter, and you make less than $300.00 per month? (Average monthly payment for welfare recipient in the USA 2012).

According to "The Bureau of Occupational Employment Statistics" the average hourly wage for meat-cutters with 20+ years on the job is $21.74 per hour. That's $45.220.00 per year.

You may resent people who are out of work, but you won't gain any sympathy with bullsh!t.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/20/12 at 20:12:22

There is no incentive to get off of welfare and that's a big issue.

My girl friend's brother was a grounds keeper at a golf course. His work is seasonal. You kind of expect to be let go at the end of the season and rehired at the start of the season.
He was ... "generating" 350-400 dollars a week. (Memory gets fuzzy, I don't remember exact numbers)
I do know that he was making 20-50 dollars less than having worked a full week.
When it came time for the seasonal work to start up again he continued to claim welfare, having his mommy cash the checks for him (girlfriend just threw that in as she is reading this over my shoulder) and he took a six week long vacation to Seattle to see some old college buddies of his. I took a day off for surgery and the only other day I have asked to take off this year is the 29th and that's for jury duty.

How is that fair?

I'm working 52 hours a week as the norm. Last week was 57.
Realistically. If I had to take a 20-50 dollar cut in pay to get my 57 hours back... to not have to wake up at 4:30AM on a Saturday to go to work like I did this morning... no question. I'd take it in a heartbeat. Something in me can't, nay, won't let me do it.

I have another friend. This is a crazy paranoid JOG-level-of-paranoia guy. He knows how to work the system over, and hard.
He just had his 4th kid. His wife is a nurse. He is a machinist. He got heating assistance where my bill was 600-800 a tank of oil. (And then they wouldn't even come out to fill the tank. Cold two nights)
We had a week long blackout during winter storm Alfred. This guy filed unemployement for that week... AND GOT IT.
I'm starting to ramble... the point is:
He crunched the numbers one September. How much money he needed to finish out the year and how much he'd make working vs how much he'd make collecting. He took 3 months off and collected welfare because "A" was reasonably close to "B" and he didn't have to pay a baby sitter during that 3 month period.

There is no incentive to get off welfare once you're on it. Once you've had a taste it's hard to go back.

I whole heartedly agree with that statement made.
They are the rudest, crudest, uncivilized animals. And that's an insult to animals. I swear my dog is smarter than some of these people.

--Steve

IP Logged
00savage
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Franklin, PA
Reply #9 - 10/20/12 at 23:40:37

Starlifter. I'm not sure where you found your statistics. I can tell you for sure they do not come close to the real world in northwest pennsylvania. My g.f. just came home from work tonight and had one customer come through her check out line and paid with $700 of food stamps... As for my salary it's $14.65/hr. I sure don't get to spend      $700 on groceries!!! My money goes to putting a roof over the head, and heat, electricity, truck, insurance, health insurance. You know  bills... What's left goes towards food. All the stuff I just named the "stampers" get for free. So yeah they eat better than me.

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #10 - 10/21/12 at 09:02:19

Guys I do believe there is welfare abuse and chronic welfare citizens.
Here is what I have noticed though ... those people are the most deeply entrenched ... the first 20 rounds of welfare reform will not touch that crowd.
The waste is the deepest part.
Reform it and the guy that will be on welfare till he gets on his feet in a couple years, like my friend will be the first to get cut off his life line. The second round will drop a few more, the next will shave a few more ... 20 iterations later ... all that will be left is the abusers.

The more you cut, the higher % the moochers will be ...
I'd leave it as is, or truly expand it for people who will get on it temporarily ...
If unemployment drops to under 4%, welfare rolls will shrink to the plain old waste ... almost.
Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
LostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/21/12 at 15:21:17

Paraquat wrote on 10/20/12 at 20:12:22:
There is no incentive to get off of welfare and that's a big issue.

My girl friend's brother was a grounds keeper at a golf course. His work is seasonal. You kind of expect to be let go at the end of the season and rehired at the start of the season.
He was ... "generating" 350-400 dollars a week. (Memory gets fuzzy, I don't remember exact numbers)
I do know that he was making 20-50 dollars less than having worked a full week.
When it came time for the seasonal work to start up again he continued to claim welfare, having his mommy cash the checks for him (girlfriend just threw that in as she is reading this over my shoulder) and he took a six week long vacation to Seattle to see some old college buddies of his. I took a day off for surgery and the only other day I have asked to take off this year is the 29th and that's for jury duty.

How is that fair?

I'm working 52 hours a week as the norm. Last week was 57.
Realistically. If I had to take a 20-50 dollar cut in pay to get my 57 hours back... to not have to wake up at 4:30AM on a Saturday to go to work like I did this morning... no question. I'd take it in a heartbeat. Something in me can't, nay, won't let me do it.

I have another friend. This is a crazy paranoid JOG-level-of-paranoia guy. He knows how to work the system over, and hard.
He just had his 4th kid. His wife is a nurse. He is a machinist. He got heating assistance where my bill was 600-800 a tank of oil. (And then they wouldn't even come out to fill the tank. Cold two nights)
We had a week long blackout during winter storm Alfred. This guy filed unemployement for that week... AND GOT IT.
I'm starting to ramble... the point is:
He crunched the numbers one September. How much money he needed to finish out the year and how much he'd make working vs how much he'd make collecting. He took 3 months off and collected welfare because "A" was reasonably close to "B" and he didn't have to pay a baby sitter during that 3 month period.

There is no incentive to get off welfare once you're on it. Once you've had a taste it's hard to go back.

I whole heartedly agree with that statement made.
They are the rudest, crudest, uncivilized animals. And that's an insult to animals. I swear my dog is smarter than some of these people.

--Steve

too bad that private industry hasn't come up with work to incentize people off welfare.

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/21/12 at 17:40:45

Sour the milk.
Decrease the amount paid out over time.
I'm not unreasonable. Say 5 or 10% a month.
If you can't get a job in, say two, three YEARS then it eventually becomes zero. At that point even a part time job at Taco Bell would pay more than zero.

YEARS, mind you.
I've never been without a job since I was 15. Granted at 15 it was few and scattered odd jobs like handing out fliers for new businesses but once I turned 16 I've never not had a job.

--Steve

IP Logged
srinath
Serious Thumper

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #13 - 10/21/12 at 18:55:37

Paraquat wrote on 10/21/12 at 17:40:45:
Sour the milk.
Decrease the amount paid out over time.
I'm not unreasonable. Say 5 or 10% a month.
If you can't get a job in, say two, three YEARS then it eventually becomes zero. At that point even a part time job at Taco Bell would pay more than zero.

YEARS, mind you.
I've never been without a job since I was 15. Granted at 15 it was few and scattered odd jobs like handing out fliers for new businesses but once I turned 16 I've never not had a job.

--Steve

True capitalism at it finest.

What will still happen is some unskilled welfare citizens will still be unemployable. There are near about 80 million here illegally, they will always clog the system. There is a point at which an employer thinks its better to leave positions unfilled than hire some one and train them from scratch ...

However @ 8% unemployment its is nowhere near that. Get it to under 4 and we can worry about getting them out of welfare. @ 8% its not worth it. There is no demand, so the eployers are not hiring.

BTW I keep seeing some positions come up for which I dont have the qualifications as to having experience in 1 software or another ... 3 months I see them ... in that 3 months I could have been working there and fill that requirement perfectly. Nope, they are still advertising that position. No takers yet. IMHO, employers would rather wait for a black swan than hire someone with 90% of the skill set and train. That is what happens in a slow economy.
Forcing people off welfare there is right along side shooting them.

Cool.
Srinath.

IP Logged
Starlifter
Serious Thumper

It only snows seven
months of the year
here.

Eastern Michigan
Reply #14 - 10/21/12 at 19:13:52

Hmmm, yes Par, yeah, well maybe you guys are right about these bums on food stamps. Well get this! It seems that as per Govt. statistics 14,000 military families are receiving food stamps. THAT averages over 22,000 people on the dole. And don't forget the couple of thousand disabled vets on food stamps.

You know those military types, soldiers and their families, their kids etc. all part of that 47% of American's who pay no income tax and so contribute nothing to America. And you know R'money will by God! do something about this if elected!

"Snicker"..He called it right. They are nothing more than leeches and parasites, pigs if you will who are not only government employees feeding at the public trough, but, get this. They are also double dipping by  qualifying for food stamps to boot!...talk about suckling at the government teat....If soldiers, their families, disabled vets et al are allowed to get away with this, than whets next? Obama giving free Cadillac's to nig-ra's ????

God save America.

*(This is sarcasm in case I need to say so.) Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/18/24 at 17:55:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The Food Stamp President

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.