Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Savage leans over too far when on kick stand (Read 257 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Savage leans over too far when on kick stand
Reply #15 - 10/17/12 at 21:57:55

YOu need 2 hammers & a friend. A 3 pounder behind the stem & a 1 pounder to spank it with. If thats enough to move it, & I suspect it would be, if not, a 4 pounder behind & maybe a 2 pounder in front,, thats the thing with bendin stuff,, sometimes ya need a bigger hammah,,
anyway,, put the heavy hammer up high on the back side, looks like about where the spring hooks on is where it starts, with the bike leaned away & the big hammer behind the stem, hit it below where the big hammer is. Dont try to get it all in one whack,,just spank it a couple o quick taps & look at it & SEE iF ITS MOVING, WHERE ITS MOVING & HOW MUCH. Ooop[s Caplox, sorry,.Anyway, the distance between the big hammer position in back & where the smaller hammer lands in front gives you a "fulcrum" but, if you step too far, youll need a heavier hammer in the back, Youll feel it when you get the right distance, youll feel the big hammer "buck" when you hit it with the one pounder. Walk your way down, its tapered, so, the hammer smacks will get lighter. I doubt youll need to mess with the angle of the foot if you get the stem right. Id really rather not see ya smack that part..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #16 - 10/18/12 at 11:59:31

Yep, that's the way mine looked.
get a big cresant wrench, grip the pad and bend away.
I was surprised how easy it was.  Of course an 18" cresant wrench didn't hurt.

WWW   IP Logged
Big John
YaBB Newbies

Savage: the new Old
Brit!

Reply #17 - 10/18/12 at 21:28:47

Thanks again for the help!  I used my 8 pound hammer as a backup and my 2 lb hammer to bend it back straight.  Also found a hard rubber puck and attached it to the pad with a machine screw.  The bike stands up much straighter now and I am no longer worried it might fall over.  

Now I am trying to build a center stand for it.  

Big John
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/24/24 at 14:33:25

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage leans over too far when on kick stand

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.