Send Topic Print
Ancient stonework (Read 293 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Ancient stonework
10/13/12 at 14:44:40

Ive seen a few things on stoneworks & pyramids, but this one is truly fascinating. They show vases & saucers made of a stone they say is harder than steel, & theyre very smooth & delicate. Theres one thing they show us that I cant really describe, a ring with 3 sections folded in, I cant see how it could be used for anything, candle holder, maybe? But what a fine piece of work! & Did you guys know the Great Pyramid has 8 sides? Only apparent at the equinox, it seems. & the ratios & proportions in that pyramid, its all just wild. Trying to follow the math is a bit much for me, the pause button is my friend, the Golden ratio is in it all over the place, as is Pi. Phi ( the Golden ratio) is found thruout nature.
Anyway, the shape & fit of blocks is amazing, the marks in some blocks, grooves sliced in, just stuff to see that would tend to create doubt about the possibility of men with bronze chisels & stone hammers being able to make these shapes. & How did anyone create such astronomical accuracy while stacking these rocks? & how did they manage a hallway, sloping thru those rocks? & theres no sign of soot from torches, so how did they work in there?
JUst a fascinating video, looking at What was done,, how perfectly these stones fit together, just amazing.. Who,  Why,, doesnt matter to me, HOW is very exciting to contemplate,, & I have No Idea, BUt, for me to believe it was a 20 year effort of a civilization armed with chisels & stones & having no wheel? Naaaah,, I cant do that..

Golden Rectangle -- from Wolfram MathWorld
Given a rectangle having sides in the ratio 1:phi, the golden ratio phi is defined such that partitioning the original rectangle into a square and new rectangle ...
mathworld.wolfram.com/GoldenRectangle.html - Cached

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooy2LTJoMVM&feature=related

Well,, enjoy, IM watching it again,,

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: Ancient stonework
Reply #1 - 10/13/12 at 20:26:43

Okay, Ive seen it like 3 times now,, amazing , simply amazing feats of design, engineering, construction, craftsmanship. Cutting stone so precisely is amazing in itself, but to believe they had such crude tools & still managed it is beyond reasonable.

Here,, have a look at these cuts. some are beat up pretty bad, but some are still sharp & what we are looking at ( well,, the ones that blow me away) are the inside cuts. Given a perfect chisel, thats pretty much impossible in wood, let alone hard rock.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 10/13/12 at 22:17:38

Not time to watch,.. but... I agree...  ancient people knew stuff that we don't give them credit for...
How?... I don't know...

Machu Picchu,... very interesting...  maps showing Antarctica wthout ice covering... and depicting the earth as round...
Stars and galaxies that can't be seen with the naked eye,... depicted in drawings...
WTF?... I love that stuff...

The big question?...
Do we be alien to this planet?...i

Not a problem for me,.. but, religion has some issues to deal with.... Huh...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #3 - 10/13/12 at 22:30:31

Well,, I think that stuff is just fascinating. Questions abound, cut stones, fitted so perfectly an X-acto blade wont fit, but Im sposed to believe they did that with a bronze chisel & a stone mallet.. riiiight,,
I believe in God, with absolute certainty, not because I was taught to, but because of things in my life. I dont care who or when or how things got done, that doesnt change,

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 10/14/12 at 07:31:39

& modern, yet, fascinating. This lone guy, quarried & stood huge coral blocks, building his Coral Castle. He, all alone, built & hung a 7 ton gate that, when it required service after his death, required a 6 man crew & a 20 ton crane. & he died w/o telling anyone his secret.. dang,, wadda jerk!

IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/14/12 at 08:45:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/14/12 at 07:31:39:
& modern, yet, fascinating. This lone guy, quarried & stood huge coral blocks, building his Coral Castle. He, all alone, built & hung a 7 ton gate that, when it required service after his death, required a 6 man crew & a 20 ton crane. & he died w/o telling anyone his secret.. dang,, wadda jerk!

Would you? I'd take that secret to my grave as well. People are still talking about it today.

(The secret was a dozen Mexican's outside of Home Depot)

--Steve

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 10/14/12 at 09:23:32

Yep, Id pass it along, It would benefit mankind. He was an A55Hole for not leaving How to do it behind.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 10/14/12 at 10:09:32

There are so many "things" I can't begin to wrap my understanding around. Just because I can't grasp it, I feel I'd be very disingenuous, or even more self absorbed, if I used that reasoning to assign doubt. I live where its very dark at night (duh, I think most of us do) where city lights have very little influence on the heavens above......
As I glance at the stars, often, I just can't begin to believe, or grasp, that random chance is the cause for how it all works together, the chance (a hard number) would have so many zeros I don't feel I could ever get (read) to the end zero in the equation in my life time if that was all I ever did. And to view nature and the season here most definitely seems to have an answer to a riddle associated with it, and I dare say its for my benefit too!
I love to think of this picture in my mind when I get all uppity thinking I can/need to solve all that riddles mankind (myself). A small butterfly as it flaps its wings will, if we had the capacity/ability to measure it, cause an effect 180 degrees around the globe from where the action took place.....mercy. With that in mind, I reflect on how my actions impart energy into this world. I must confess, most of it would not be in harmony with it, but I pray just understanding that is key in beginning to understand how I can become one with the true force in this universe......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 10/14/12 at 16:18:55

A small butterfly as it flaps its wings will, if we had the capacity/ability to measure it, cause an effect 180 degrees around the globe from where the action took place.....mercy.

phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhtttttttt,, no,, it wont,

I can bust a Paint Peelin fart in the lobby of a bank building & it wont bother anyone in an office. I doubt Very seriously a flutterby can cause one iota of change on the other side of the planet,, seriously,, dont allow the goofballs on the planet to infect your thinking, stay rational.

IP Logged
runwyrlph
Serious Thumper

Semper ubi sub ubi

pa
Reply #9 - 10/14/12 at 17:31:10

Serowbot wrote on 10/13/12 at 22:17:38:
Not time to watch,.. but... I agree...  ancient people knew stuff that we don't give them credit for...
How?... I don't know...

Machu Picchu,... very interesting...  maps showing Antarctica wthout ice covering... and depicting the earth as round...
Stars and galaxies that can't be seen with the naked eye,... depicted in drawings...
WTF?... I love that stuff...

The big question?...
Do we be alien to this planet?...i

Not a problem for me,.. but, religion has some issues to deal with.... Huh...

One way religion can take a shot at it:

The bible says man and the world was created perfect by God.  Man then disobeyed God and became susceptible to death and decay.  

Since that time there has been a devolution in mankind's capabilities due to the compounding of many tiny errors in DNA replication. (like photocopying a copy)

Since we're that much farther from the original, of course we don't have the brains and capabilities that the ancients did.  If the antediluvians  lived 800+ years, that's a lot of time to accumulate knowledge and skill.  

I know, this belongs on the Tall Table, but Serowbot started it  Smiley

2007 s40 -stock -white spacer out -repaired to rideable condition!
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 10/14/12 at 17:54:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 10/14/12 at 16:18:55:
I can bust a Paint Peelin fart in the lobby of a bank building & it wont bother anyone in an office. I doubt Very seriously a flutterby can cause one iota of change on the other side of the planet,, seriously,, dont allow the goofballs on the planet to infect your thinking, stay rational.

Dude...whats that smell?
You better check your shorts, I can smell it through the monitor   Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
heroicseven

oops, I broke it.

San Diego
Reply #11 - 10/14/12 at 23:57:15

The ruins at Puma punku in my opinion reveals more about the ancient level of technology, and shatters the idea that humans 4000-10,000+ years ago were cavemen. The stonework there makes me imagine there was alot going on on earth before humans! Cheesy

00' raptor - supertrapp - 52.5 - 155 - half spacer - versaved
  IP Logged
Paraquat
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/15/12 at 06:15:55

I had already shared this with JOG but I've recently been reading about a vimana. It's a mythical flying vessel described in ancient Indian (dot, not feather)

They found a chunk of aluminum that was thought to be a mere 400 years old. Latest carbon dating indicates it's from 18,000-20,000 years ago.

http://www.pakalertpress.com/2012/04/26/20000-year-old-aluminum-vimana-aircra...

The cool thing is that we didn't "discover" aluminum until the 1800's

Quote:
The metal was first produced in 1825 in an impure form by Danish physicist and chemist Hans Christian Ørsted.

It's an alloy and to be created it has to get hot.
Hotter than sticks and brush fires of 20,000 years ago.

--Steve

IP Logged
360k+
Serious Thumper

Savage heart of
darkness

Cartersville, GA
Reply #13 - 10/15/12 at 10:47:56

Allow me to throw some ideas on the table (popping knuckles like a pianist)...

Visible stellar objects...   even a few 100 years ago there was no pollution or city lights to obscure the heavens at nite.   If you've ever camped in the high Sierras or Rockies you already know the nite sky is hardly what you would call black!  This would have been true no matter where on earth you lived.  So except for size and shear numbers of objects, what was visible then, would be different from today.

Humans...   is it possible we are VERY sophisticated robots and DNA is the unique individual program for each of us?  The technological scale involved is so far beyond our current comprehension that it is scarcely even fathomable.

Alien technology...   try to think where we were 100 years ago, and imagine our level of technology today.   Now try to guess what we will experience 100 years in the future?  How about a 1000 years?   The answer is you can't .  This is because knowledge & technology, and our ability to understand it is based on what you know at the time. In other words, we simply don't have the wherewithal to know what we don't yet know.   Now imagine an alien technology that has a MILLION year head start on us! They possess knowledge and technology that truly cannot be imagined.   Think about this...  if by some miracle one of our nuke subs went thru a time warp and drifted into the port of Lisbon, Portugal back during Columbus's day.   Their naval engineers and scientists would be extremely curious about this mysterious "advanced vessel", but would have no means to duplicate it.   Why?  Set aside the electrical and metallurgy involved, they would have no knowledge of atomic theory; let alone how a nuclear reactor works!   There's no way to hyper-jump the gap; it's a bridge too far.

The JOURNEY is the reward!
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #14 - 10/15/12 at 11:15:17

Puma Punku ancient stonework

These are dated to be some of the oldest worked stone objects in the world.  Different dating techniques give answers varying from 15,000 BC to 10,000 BC to 3,500 BC to 1,750 BC, but all sources agree these are the oldest yet best preserved stone building pieces ever seen.

The diorite stone itself is very very hard, so hard only diamond tools can readily work it today.  
Steel isn't hard enough to cut the features that are seen.

The large flat broken stones in the top picture are as flat as a granite surface plate and, as you can see, are quite large and have been exposed to weathering for many many thousands of years, yet they still have a good finish to them.

Lastly, what sort of force was needed to break and scatter these inner connected stonework walls and floors?   Did we mention the higher than normal background radiation levels at some of these very ancient sites  ....... ??

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 10:23:37

General CategoryThe Cafe › Ancient stonework

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.